• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U-19's in CWLand

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Every happy to make the Youth Test team (you happy Tharmi :p), good luck to the guys that are representing CW in One Dayers as well. Hopefully i can improve my one day form in the future to be considered for selection.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I'm shocked to see that only 2 blues made the OD side and none made the FC side (the OD ones being crampton and myself). Where's our young guns?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
BlackCap_Fan said:
I'm shocked to see that only 2 blues made the OD side and none made the FC side (the OD ones being crampton and myself). Where's our young guns?
Your side is very experienced in terms of CW years, only Cribb (who is in-active now), Blaze, your new left arm seamer and young leggie (who may have been court up in a Chinese bookmarker scandel?) can play under 19s. In other words you have no young guns.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The fact that the squads were re-announced during the short time of about 14 hours where I was declared inactive has really worked against me here!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
RGEWS left out as he needed to attend to personal fiascos. ;)
Haha fiascos. I knew my use of that word would come back to bite me, but it couldnt be described any other way really!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Stooked(sp?) to play Tests for the CW XI U19 team. really hope to make the best of it !

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Wow, didn't expect to be picked at all after not being in the first squads, being in OD squad is a bit of a shock too.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Your side is very experienced in terms of CW years, only Cribb (who is in-active now), Blaze, your new left arm seamer and young leggie (who may have been court up in a Chinese bookmarker scandel?) can play under 19s. In other words you have no young guns.
You're thinking of the wrong Matt Smith. I'm the Matt Smith in the Blues and I'm an elderly 26.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
We did have another leggie sign up, I think his name is Shoveller and I don't think he's played yet, but I don't know if he was one of beamer's aliases or not.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
You're thinking of the wrong Matt Smith. I'm the Matt Smith in the Blues and I'm an elderly 26.
There is rookie spinner in your side LS Shoveller, and you bowl medium pace pies remember.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Squad for first U-19 ODI on 23rd March

The first ever players to take on the CWLand name at U-19 level are...

CP Thompson
S Jasotharan
RJ Dauth
NG Scott
AJ Blackman
A Crampton (wk)
BL Wilshere
MW Wilson (vc)
HG Warwick
JP McNamara (c)
AA Cameron

12th man NR Hancock and 13th man GM Roberts will be released for their Dev League / grade level games.

Best of luck, lads!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Kweek said:
Stooked(sp?) to play Tests for the CW XI U19 team. really hope to make the best of it !

I look foward to bowling with you :) And my other bowling counterparts, of course :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a great honour to be one of the first players to ever play for the CW U-19's, and amongst such great company aswell. Sheesh, Wilson at 8? Way to have batting depth :cool2:

C'mon boys :D

Loony BoB

International Captain
Code:
NZ U-19			Bat	Bowl	Field	Bat Order
TD Astle		42.00	38.66	24	Opener
MJ Guptill		37.16	33.00	18	Opener
AP de Boorder		46.60	60.00	15	Middle Order
MP Ellison (c)		34.16	60.00	27	Middle Order
RPC Karaitiana		33.00	33.00	21	Middle Order
K Noema-Barnett		31.83	60.00	15	Middle Order
NP Fitzgerald (wk)	30.00	99.00	39	Middle Order
DJ Bartlett		27.00	29.16	18	Middle Order
SM Fitzgibbon (wk)	22.25	99.00	45	Middle Order
RM Hira			25.00	23.14	21	Lower Order
TG Southee		18.60	30.80	18	Lower Order
C Munro			14.50	34.00	18	Lower Order
JP Donnelly		9.00	21.28	15	Tail
HK Bennett		2.00	20.71	15	Tail
Hope that helps. A lot of it was adjusted by me after looking at where they batted in a few games, what they bowled, how often they bowled and then just adding in a bit extra from both FC and what I'd heard about the bowlers in reports.