• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U-19's in CWLand

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Robertinho said:
Dev League cricket is a better stepping stone to the CW XI? I think people are getting too far ahead of themselves. Apart from the people like Thamba and Bryce, most people in the squad have alot of work to do before they break into the CW XI (though if Wazza, Geggers and Hanky continue their form, I could be proved wrong :D), and this may be the only opportunity some people have to represent the CW XI at any level, so I dare say some people might regret it if they don't grasp any opportunity they're given firmly with two hands.

I'm also confident that the Red batting order can still dominate without Thamba and myself. :-O

EDIT: Gah, Jacko beat me to it.
Great post Rob, hit the nail on the head.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
This is a GREAT concept and yer it was rushed into but it should be good once its up and going. It should and looks like it will be a personal choice to play or not, so lets let the Under 19's play cricket and us old farts :) get back to the bench and start supporting.

Can we just get over it and start palying some cricket?

Loony BoB

International Captain
The CW U-19 selectors are giving players until the 18th of March to opt-out of the tour. On 18th March, further details of the new tour schedule will be revealed.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
New Schedule Announced

After some in depth discussion between New Zealand Cricket (NZC) and Cricket Web Under-19 Board, both parties have decided to move the Under 19 Series between the two nations to CWLand. This has been done in an attempt to reduce the impact the series may have on the Development League Clubs of Cricket Web. The new schedule for the series follows as:

21st - Squads Announced
23rd - 1st YODI @ CW Oval
24th - 2nd YODI @ PDV Dome
25th - 3rd YODI @ CWBCC Stadium
27th - 1st 'Youth Test' @ Goffmouth Park
29th - 2nd 'Youth Test' @ Pickford Reserve

The significant changes to this series are:
• There will be two separate squads of 12 or 13 for either form, where the 12th and 13th man will be released to play domestic cricket. Meaning only 11 players will be unavailable from each squad on any particular day.
• The maximum number of matches that any player will miss with the new schedule is three games.
• Also Goffmouth and Pickford host their first ever ‘internationals’

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Much better. Wish we could have had the discussion and debate first before charging in all guns blazing, mind!

Loony BoB

International Captain
First post edited to reflect the changed schedule. Looking forward to get things going ahead!

Just to clarify on things: I believe the only confirmations to opt out of any tour have been given by Cunningham and Stedman.