• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Cricket *Offseason 8-9*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
CW is a fantasy nation. Thats why simple.
Last time I checked, ICC doesn't allow fantasy nations to play international cricket.

If you think CW players playing in Australian domestic cricket is messing its generality, then isn't ICC's allowance of a fantasy nation to play cricket, messing its?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
Last time I checked, ICC doesn't allow fantasy nations to play international cricket.

If you think CW players playing in Australian domestic cricket is messing its generality, then isn't ICC's allowance of a fantasy nation to play cricket, messing its?
Why do you bring up the exact same point brought up by Marc! I responded to that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simmah down folks.

Pratyush, if you have some problem with the Australian aspect of it all, don't apply for Australia. If you have a deep problem with Club Cricket on a whole, I respect your decision not to apply for any club. I don't see the sense in it, but I respect it.

There's a thin line between reality and fantasy. If I were to be a pedant, I could say that changing the domestic structure every season with a new team added every other season is highly ridiculous. However, I won't. There was only one instance of 2 players playing for an Australian domestic side last season and ALL BUT ONE of the players in Australian cricket were Australian. Care was taken to ensure that. If that's still not good enough for you... so be it.

Can we not argue over the little things please? The last few days have been stressful enough, on and off of CW.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Can we not argue over the little things please? The last few days have been stressful enough, on and off of CW.
I had no intention of bringing this up mate.

As you say there is a fine line bwetween reality and fantasy. True admirers of fantasy cricket want it to be as realistic as possible and you have made CW cricket exactly that.

I was chatting with Sudeep over msn and he said how he would play for Western Australia. I said it was ridicuous as in real life WA would never have a player from India or CW land. And then when he asked/argued on the topic i stated my reasons for it.

He said this should be brought up in the CW thread as it was a public matter. I wouldnt bring such a small matter on the forum myself to be honest.

I am quite happy with how CW cricket is run over all.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I had no intention of bringing this up mate.

As you say there is a fine line bwetween reality and fantasy. True admirers of fantasy cricket want it to be as realistic as possible and you have made CW cricket exactly that.

I was chatting with Sudeep over msn and he said how he would play for Western Australia. I said it was ridicuous as in real life WA would never have a player from India or CW land. And then when he asked/argued on the topic i stated my reasons for it.

He said this should be brought up in the CW thread as it was a public matter. I wouldnt bring such a small matter on the forum myself to be honest.

I am quite happy with how CW cricket is run over all.
But yet, you so passionately are against the club cricket concept, that you spent half an hour yesterday arguing with me?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
But yet, you so passionately are against the club cricket concept, that you spent half an hour yesterday arguing with me?
I can say you were arguing denying I have a point of the Aussie thing as it is FANTASY cricket.

As Liam said, its big fuss over a small thing. I wont waste further time on the topic.

Cheers.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I can say you were arguing denying I have a point of the Aussie thing as it is FANTASY cricket.

As Liam said, its big fuss over a small thing. I wont waste further time on the topic.

Cheers.
Exactly. Fantasy sides are not allowed to play cricket by ICC, like CW does.

I wouldn't want to waste further time on the topic either, as you're being too stubborn in your obsession with realism, when clearly we're here to have some fun. You should seriously check out the meaning of fantasy at dictionary.com, or even wikipedia.org.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush, you're a fool, now go away, because no one really shares your view, you're just making yourself look like an idiot. Hopefully you realise that the entire CW XI is fantasy, anyway?

First choice would be any Australian side that would take me (wishful thinking), but failing that the Princes Town Pirates would do just fine for me.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
If every thing was fantasy you could allow 37 players to play in each side :p
We could, but we don't. Because this is about what we want. And we want Australian sides offer us contracts. This is self-thought fantasy. Okay?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Robertinho said:
Pratyush, you're a fool, now go away, because no one really shares your view, you're just making yourself look like an idiot. Hopefully you realise that the entire CW XI is fantasy, anyway?
When you cant agree with some thing or prove a point, you start hurling insults. A common trait of a weak person.

Neil certainly thought it was a logical arguement. and what do you mean by 'no one shares your view and so go away!' Dont lower your standards dude. Maintain your respectability.

Cheers.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
When you cant agree with some thing or prove a point, you start hurling insults. A common trait of a weak person.

Neil certainly thought it was a logical arguement. and what do you mean by 'no one shares your view and so go away!' Dont lower your standards dude. Maintain your respectability.

Cheers.
Isn't it also a logicial arguement that we want to do what WE like. We like to have Australian sides call us, but we don't like to have 37 players a side. Simple.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
Isn't it also a logicial arguement that we want to do what WE like. We like to have Australian sides call us, but we don't like to have 37 players a side. Simple.
If you WANT to discuss about it, you show an ear to listen also rather than just speak :)

I dont think you are doing that. I have made my point and I really didnt want to bring it to the forum and then keep on discussing it but if thats what you want, okay..

At the peril of repeating my self :-

The Fantasy cricket is structured in such a way that one nation of CW is there playing like intl nation. We do every thing within that assumption. Not beyond it.

So we can change teams in our domestic league as we think it will benefit us over all. But we dont go on changing things of the Australian domestic structure putting more players in their domestic sides than realistically they would accept. Similarly we dont allow 37 players in each side. That is not an illogical arguement.

I dont think its that hard to understand as you are making it out.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
If you WANT to discuss about it, you show an ear to listen also rather than just speak :)

I dont think you are doing that. I have made my point and I really didnt want to bring it to the forum and then keep on discussing it but if thats what you want, okay..

The Fantasy cricket is structured in such a way that one nation of CW is there playing like intl nation. We do every thing within that assumption. Not beyond it.

So we can change teams in our domestic league as we think it will benefit us over all. But we dont go on changing things of the Australian domestic structure putting more players in their domestic sides than realistically they would accept. Similarly we dont allow 37 players in each side. That is not an illogical arguement.

By your theory then, each day of the sim would have to be a 'real-life' day, meaning it would take forever to get through a season, and I don't think many people would be happy with that.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:

I'm not saying I don't get your point. I'm just saying, if we're assuming ICC goes out of it's way to grant us international status, why can't we assume Australian sides offering us contracts? Is there a set of rules that tells us what to assume, and what not to?

Sudeep

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
By your theory then, each day of the sim would have to be a 'real-life' day, meaning it would take forever to get through a season, and I don't think many people would be happy with that.
Exactly, sims are done in such a way that a five-day Test is to be completed in a single day. Now we're assuming that the length of a day in CWland is less than that in rest of the world. We're going against science. And we're not allowed that according to you Pratyush, are we?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mister Wright said:
No it is not the same. We are just hastening the process to get in more matches by simming the seasons faster. We are NOT including unrealistic number of matches per season. So that is perfectly okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.