• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Cricket *Offseason 8-9*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudeep

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Agreed with Kyle and Sangrah - would love to return for WA this coming off season, took some bulk 1D wickets last season, and I wouldn't mind taking a few more this season after crap 1D devs.
Me too. Should be good rejoining Ronchi and the guys. Here's hoping I do...

Sudeep

International Captain
Our friend, Mr. Pratyush from the Reds, says that he won't be applying for any club side, because he thinks it's pretty much useless exercise, or in his own words, "the club structure/ domestic structure of allowing CW players to play in every other random domestic team in the world is ridiculous".

He gives the example of Australian domestic sides not allowing a international player for a season, let alone two which was the case in a couple of sides last year, in realistic terms. Someone needs to inform Mr. Pratyush what simulation leagues are all about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would like to state my position.

It is to do with the unrealistic nature of club cricket. Playing for a club would improve a player tremendously. As playingi n the English county cricket has for many players from around the world.

But how many clubs/state sides allow that internationally?

The rules are pretty rigid and not many intl. players play in the Australian domestic team for example. Carl Hooper virtually left West Indies cricket when he had moved to Australian domestic cricket structure.

The only teams which allow 2 players per side CONSISTENTLY are the English counties.

So how can CW XI take the laxity to assume we will be allowed in other domestic teams.

Its unrealistic jus like allowing 37 players per side would be in Fantasy cricket. Sudeep tells me its Fantasy cricket. But just because its fantasy cricket doesnt mean it goes over the top with unrealistic scenarios.

Sudeep kept saying he will play for Western Australia. How many international players from other countries have played for WA in the last 5 years in real life? Just because its a simulation league, doesnt mean we change international cricketing rules. CW has/had been made with the idea of playing for Cricketwebland, a fantasy nation of sorts. So we play like that in an international/national structure, not change things like stuff on club cricket which has been done.

Just what I feel.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
though i think it is realistic that us cw'ers go to country's like US,holland and T&T as those competitions most of the time sign players like us.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I would like to state my position.

It is to do with the unrealistic nature of club cricket. Playing for a club would improve a player tremendously. As playingi n the English county cricket has for many players from around the world.

But how many clubs/state sides allow that internationally?

The rules are pretty rigid and not many intl. players play in the Australian domestic team for example. Carl Hooper virtually left West Indies cricket when he had moved to Australian domestic cricket structure.

The only teams which allow 2 players per side CONSISTENTLY are the English counties.

So how can CW XI take the laxity to assume we will be allowed in other domestic teams.

Its unrealistic jus like allowing 37 players per side would be in Fantasy cricket. Sudeep tells me its Fantasy cricket. But just because its fantasy cricket doesnt mean it goes over the top with unrealistic scenarios.

Sudeep kept saying he will play for Western Australia. How many international players from other countries have played for WA in the last 5 years in real life? Just because its a simulation league, doesnt mean we change international cricketing rules. CW has/had been made with the idea of playing for Cricketwebland, a fantasy nation of sorts. So we play like that in an international/national structure, not change things like stuff on club cricket which has been done.

Just what I feel.

Cheers.
Let's make this clear. So, you just have a problem with the Australian sides, or all except England? Because I'm pretty sure West Indies and USA sides call international players every year. If I'm not wrong, West Indies also invited an entire non-national team to play their domestic competition.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
Let's make this clear. So, you just have a problem with the Australian sides, or all except England? Because I'm pretty sure West Indies and USA sides call international players every year. If I'm not wrong, West Indies also invited an entire non-national team to play their domestic competition.
I have a problem with sides LIKE Australia do not allow players in such an extent and is done by CW rampantly.

I know Kenya for one season and an A side of India if I am not mistaken participated in the domestic season of West Indies. Similarly if the WICB asks CW to send a team for their domestic season, I wouldnt be complaining if we do seeing the schedule and it doesnt clashes with our season.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The West Indian sides are club sides at very low levels - not Red Stripe teams. There are no overseas player limits upon them. Nor Holland, nor USA.

I'd say it's a legitimate point to make about Australia.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, i'd like to play in T&T again this year if the Pirates will have me back - i'm more experienced now and would hope to improve on last years performances.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sudeep said:
Our friend, Mr. Pratyush from the Reds, says that he won't be applying for any club side, because he thinks it's pretty much useless exercise, or in his own words, "the club structure/ domestic structure of allowing CW players to play in every other random domestic team in the world is ridiculous".

He gives the example of Australian domestic sides not allowing a international player for a season, let alone two which was the case in a couple of sides last year, in realistic terms. Someone needs to inform Mr. Pratyush what simulation leagues are all about?
I don't think there is a restriction on Austrailan players selecting players from overseas, I just don't think they do it. However, I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mister Wright said:
I don't think there is a restriction on Austrailan players selecting players from overseas, I just don't think they do it. However, I could be wrong.
Which is why I gave the example of Carl Hooper.

Its just that they dont usually do it and for us to assume they would allow CW players in so easily just to improve our players' talent would be a mistake.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Well Pratyush, if you want to get that deep, how come the ICC allow a CW side?
CW is a fantasy nation. Thats why simple.

We may change the domestic structure of our competition as we did with names of squads. But we short follow international norms and trends as much as possible.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I agree with ash on this one... I'd love to give a crack at playing with the QLD Bulls this year!!!

But if that falls through which is more than likely due to politics, I'd also really enjoy going back to Princes Town this year.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
hmmm would love to get into one of the Australian state teams, but that in all likely hood will fall through. Don't know if i will go back to the overalls and pitchforks of indiana thou, hasn't done alot for my early season dev league form in either season.

Status
Not open for further replies.