• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 7 Club Cricket

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Once again the CWBCC is pleased to bring the club cricket system to CW cricket. Last season was a big success and many players came back better for their experiences and this season we hope for more of the same. Indeed we have expanded with an agreement with Cricket Australia whereby CW players can now participate in club cricket down under.

There will be the option of signing in one of four different competitions:

1. Country Cricket (hosted in England)
- Two internationals per team.
- British players can sign up as residents rather than internationals
Certain players will be approached by county teams through the CWBCC. We will contact such players by email or otherwise & pose the option of a stint in England.

If a player averages over 60 in at least 5 CC games, his/her simming average (skill) will be increased by 2 runs. If a player averages less than his/her current simming avge, the avge will drop by 1 run for every 5 runs less.
For the bowling: an average of 22 or less lowers the bowling average by 1. An average higher than the current will raise by 1 run for every 5 runs more.

2. American League (hosted in the U.S.A.)
- Unlimited number of internationals
Players may sign up to play here, but must be approved by the CWBCC if contracted.

Batting avge of 100 or more: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 4 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 12 or less: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 3 runs per 5 runs more

3. Super Cup Cricket (hosted in Trinidad & Tobago)
- Four internationals per team
Players may sign up to play here, but must be approved by the CWBCC if contracted.

Batting avge of 70 or more: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 3 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 18 or less: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 2 runs per 5 runs more

4. Pura Cup/ING Cup Cricket (hosted in Australia)
- Unlimited internations but strict criteria for a contract
Players may apply on the forum, but may not necessarily be signed by the club of application.

Batting avge of 55 or more : skill raised by 2 runs
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 1 run per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 23 or less: skill raised by 1 (ie sim bowling avge lowered by 1)
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 1 runs per 5 runs more
---

Averages & statistics will be posted at the end of each player's stint at his respective club but scorecards will not be.

---

As was done last time, threads will be set up where players can sign up for club contracts during the current offseason. The first to signups will be the first served with contracts.

---

The English-born/EU players interested in applying for County contracts may list their nationality here but will not be assured of getting a contract.

---

Players may apply for both Australian cricket and Super Cup/American League cricket, as they are not assured of getting an Australian contract.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Great, we rabbits have no chance of improving wi't'bat!
Not listed above (as last season), but bowlers will improve:

- by 1 point per 10 extra runs (per innings) in County Cricket.
- by 1 point per 25 extra runs in the American League/Super Cup.
- by 1 point per 10 extra runs in Australian cricket.

This is taking into consideration the number of not outs though, so it's a bit subjective.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Crikey. Needing to average over 55/60/70/100... I can't even manage anything near that in the regular season, how would I best go about trying to improve my skills?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Loony BoB said:
Crikey. Needing to average over 55/60/70/100... I can't even manage anything near that in the regular season, how would I best go about trying to improve my skills?
The standard of bowling in the US and T&T is pretty poor compared to Dev League cricket. In Country cricket and Australian cricket, you'd need to do pretty well too though. That said, perhaps it should be lowered a bit... if the general public believe so?

Loony BoB

International Captain
What I'm wondering is how our CW Dev League averages will compare with those in the club cricket leagues - as I said regarding Italy, our averages were built up in a higher league than club cricket. To be a bit less vague...

Person A plays 10 games at International 'A' level and averages 30 with the bat.
Person B plays 10 games at Club Cricket level and averages 30 with the bat.
Person A would be the better batsman, but if his average is used in a club cricket sim, how will it compare to Person B? Will it be boosted in any way to make the guy more likely to score runs?

I hope I'm making sense. :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Already noted. The averages will be adjusted to suit. Players will have their averages boosted a fair amount when they enter USA/T&T cricket from the Dev League. In County Cricket and Australian cricket it remains the same though, as that is FC and List-A cricket.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Finally, would a NZ'er with an Anscestry visa be considered an international player or and English/EU player? I get permanent residency in a year, too, and a passport the next. :p Dual nationality am goal.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yepp, im certainly up for it again! :D
Can I please use the same thread... itd be gr8 to continue on.

Cloete

International Captain
I'm not sure these averages for County and Australia are fair... it should be 1 run for 55-65. 2 runs for 65-75. 3 runs for anything over 75.

Averaging 55 in OD's is extremely difficult... possibly 45 or 50?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
I'm not sure these averages for County and Australia are fair... it should be 1 run for 55-65. 2 runs for 65-75. 3 runs for anything over 75.

Averaging 55 in OD's is extremely difficult... possibly 45 or 50?
It aint that hard, plus you can't be giving it away....

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
It aint that hard, plus you can't be giving it away....
Yeah I guess.. but then there can't be reductions on your average. It's hardly worth playing club cricket because odds are your average will drop.

IMO if your average is say 30. Then the difference between 30 and 55 is 15. So your average should only drop by 1 if you average 15 or less. Otherwise there's a much better chance of reducing your average than tehre is of building it. Which I think is just stupid.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cloete said:
Yeah I guess.. but then there can't be reductions on your average. It's hardly worth playing club cricket because odds are your average will drop.

IMO if your average is say 30. Then the difference between 30 and 55 is 15. So your average should only drop by 1 if you average 15 or less. Otherwise there's a much better chance of reducing your average than tehre is of building it. Which I think is just stupid.
then dont play?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just a note, a Norwegian player would be counted as an EU citizen as Norway are part of the European Economic Area (and hence have to adopt EU labour rules, so it must surely work the other way around as well)

Not sure whether I'll do a diary yet. Probably not, won't have time :(

bryce

International Regular
hey Mr Mxyzptlk am i allowed to apply to play for a club or do i have to wait a bit longer to start playing ?

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Just a small suggestion for next seasons Club Cricket. To make it fairer and give everyone an equal chance of improving based upon their own skill levels. Wouldn't it be best if you had the benchmarks set upon individual averages, rather then just saying if you average over 60, ect. Compare someone like Cloete (just using you for example mate) where his average is right up near 60 anyway, he would just have to play slightly above average to improve. Then there is a player like Samuel Vimes (again using you for example) who is around the 30 mark, who would have to play out of his skin to reach that 60 level.

I know it would be more work for the board, but IMO it would be fairer if you had it like:

2. American League (hosted in the U.S.A.)
- Unlimited number of internationals

Batting avge of 30+ current average: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 4 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 10- current average: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 3 runs per 5 runs more

That way if Samuel Vimes had a career average of 25.00, and he played 9 games at an average of 57.00 his skill would increase by 2.

It would need refinement, but IMO its more fairer to all levels of cricketers.

Apologies if it has been suggested befoer.