• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 7/8 Club Cricket

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Certain players will get County contracts (overseas and local) but that's only a few.

Are you still going to do Australian Domestic? Because I can do all the teams for you if needed.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
because age if it ain't broke don't fix it. and if malcolm speed doesn't take cricket to rome, we do as the romans do ourselves and don't take it there.

we gotta keep some reality in this and taking high quality CW players to face up to Guissepie the feared opening bowler for Udinese running off a 4 step run up is hardly good.

But that can't really be done when some people only treat it as a sim and others treat it with realism. It would have to be considered by all to be realistic.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Something tells me it wouldn't really be an accurate protrayal anyway. If Italian players only play in Italy (I've never heard of international players going to Italy to improve their game), then they'd not have averages which are accurate to how they'd cope in a country such as England. If their averages are put into the sim without any regard for the fact that they only play against other Italians, hell, we could well end up with bowlers and batsmen that may as well push for an Italian world cup winning team. :p Who knows? Maybe there's an Italian that, against other Italians, can score a century once in every two games and can bowl them out at fifteen a piece - yet is actually no better than James Franklin or Andre Adams, who sometimes have trouble getting into the NZ starting squad, let alone the Black Caps in general.

I'm not against using Italy if the averages of the Italians are used to create an Italian XI for the World Cup. The sim runs using stats, and the stats are only generated from their games against other Italians, so they should have a good chance of winning, eh?

That's what I mean by realism. :p It's not realistic to use CW Dev League stats and then throw them up against Italian domestic stats and consider them accurate and comoparable.

EDIT: I can't even find a stats page for the individual teams.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I didn't mean to have every Italian who averages 40(for example) to be as good as Buggsy or Cloete.

Any thoughts on China and Holland?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
we gotta keep some reality in this and taking high quality CW players to face up to Guissepie the feared opening bowler for Udinese running off a 4 step run up is hardly good.
We could send some of the lesser lights like Dave out there instead!

He could learn a lot from Guissepie!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Are you still going to do Australian Domestic? Because I can do all the teams for you if needed.
Email me at my bugs @ tstt address. I'd be very interested in doing that and would need the help.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I woudn't think you could play while the trial is ongoing, I'd think you'd be OK until then.

This is NOT an officall CWBBC Statement.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Loony BoB said:
Something tells me it wouldn't really be an accurate protrayal anyway. If Italian players only play in Italy (I've never heard of international players going to Italy to improve their game), then they'd not have averages which are accurate to how they'd cope in a country such as England. If their averages are put into the sim without any regard for the fact that they only play against other Italians, hell, we could well end up with bowlers and batsmen that may as well push for an Italian world cup winning team. :p Who knows? Maybe there's an Italian that, against other Italians, can score a century once in every two games and can bowl them out at fifteen a piece - yet is actually no better than James Franklin or Andre Adams, who sometimes have trouble getting into the NZ starting squad, let alone the Black Caps in general.

I'm not against using Italy if the averages of the Italians are used to create an Italian XI for the World Cup. The sim runs using stats, and the stats are only generated from their games against other Italians, so they should have a good chance of winning, eh?

That's what I mean by realism. :p It's not realistic to use CW Dev League stats and then throw them up against Italian domestic stats and consider them accurate and comoparable.

EDIT: I can't even find a stats page for the individual teams.
Depending on strength of competition, the CW players have their batting averages raised and bowling averages lowered.

Mr Mxyzptlk

NikhilN said:
so like this is out of the cw...I can play right Liam and rueben?
I already told you, if you're not going to be involved in the CW system again, it doesn't make sense for me to invest time in simming games with you in them.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
you could play for the Madras Rubber Factory side in division 28 in the Indian local competition.

ash chaulk

International Captain
LOL^

I rekin leave it how it was maybe adding in the Australian League then next year the New Zealand and so on....

there is no need to play against italians and dutch and chinese for the reason that all i remember from holland is that awesome keeper they got.

the american league is way more suitbale cos they pay the stars to play for them therefore theres gunna be a few stars over there and the caribean league is also good because liam knows about it and this is kinda his thing rite??

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
And that's why I said Leagues and not Counties. ;) I know there are a fair few overseas players in the Lancashire League and so on
Or the Liverpool and District Cricket Competition ;)

...I'm Having Newton-Le-Willows!!! :p

Don

State Vice-Captain
liam a caribbean comp would be cool.u could like take two teams from each of the main countries and use em.(reccomendations 4 t&t ball players and w-connection wanderers)