• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 7/8 Club Cricket

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Here are my proposals for Season 7/8 Club Cricket.

2 week programe.

HOLLAND

Dutch National League. 2 players a team.

7 OD Matches with 2 4D matches. ECC Amsterdam vs AC(Amsterdam) and Rotterdam vs Eindhoven.

Teams for CW players: ECC Amsterdam, AC(Amsterdam), Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Den Haag, Utrecht, Groningen and Danmark CC. The Unclear ones are Den Haag=The Hague and Danmark CC= Denmark Cricket.

You play an integral part of the season coming in 7 matches in and taking your team to the end and being part of the trophy lifting. 2 big 4D grudge matches also appear.

ITALY

Trophy d'Italia and 25Smash Italy.
2 CW in the XI for 3D Matches, Unlimeted for Smash!
3 3D Matches and a brilliant week of 10 25 Smash games!

Teams for CW Players: Venice, Sardinia, Rome, San Marino.
Additional CW Smash Slots(After a CWXI Tour?): Milan, Malta, Florence, Parma.

The trophy d'Italia's inaugral season's opening games take place followed by a star-studded Smash Festival. Can you win at Smash?

CHINA

Chinese Trophy and Bejing Territories vs Shanghai Territories.
3 CW Players a team. Max 5 Overseas a side in the grudge match.
7 OD Matches and 1 5D Match.
All teams avaliable for CW Players.
Bejing teams: Bejing CC, Emperors's XI, Nanking CC, Tsingtao XI.
Shanghai teams: Shanghai CC, Mongolia Colts CC, Canton, Xinjan XI.

Showing off young chinese talent the 2nd Chinese Trophy is 45 overs-a-side and the Bejing Territories vs Shanghai Territories is a Traditonal Mix of international and Chinese talent.

Please use these ideas,

Comments welcome,

Jamee :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who intends to research these teams and prepare the sim files? Certainly I don't have time to handle all of that.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
You might as well put in Norway ;) Given that the CW season is the Aussie season, it's not a bad idea to use European countries though...

Nevertheless, the best clubs in the respective countries are (for realism):

Holland: Excelsior Schiedam, Haag C.C., Hermes DVS Schiedam, VRA Amstelveen, Quick H.V. & C.V. Haag, Voorburg C.C., VOC Rotterdam, HBS Den Haag, Amstelveen C.C., Bijlmer C.C. Amsterdam. A ten-team Hoofdsklasse - 50-overs.

Italy: Pianoro, Murri, Gallicano, Trentino, Capanelle, Maremma, Bologna (7-team Serie A, 50 overs)

China: Gods know...Shanghai are pretty good apparently, haven't heard of anything else, and can't read Chinese...

Squads are on the net, I believe...http://www.kncb.nland http://www.crickitalia.org

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
Why not just use England and throw members into the Leagues?
Certain players will get County contracts (overseas and local) but that's only a few.

Andre

International Regular
I certainly don't see a point in changing it as it worked competely last summer and is hardly a crucial part of the system.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ Amen..

i think we would be looking to keep it the way it is..

Get a wife Jamee.. that way you could put your creative thinking to better use :P hahahaha... or er do your homework :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Certain players will get County contracts (overseas and local) but that's only a few.
And that's why I said Leagues and not Counties. ;) I know there are a fair few overseas players in the Lancashire League and so on, I figured it would be a little better than going to Italy of all places to play cricket. :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Why? Italy started playing Rugby to an we-can beat-Scotland level(but mind you, so can Norway;)) So why can't they play cricket. Holland allready play's cricket and the ECC Amsterdam matches are played at the Amsterdam ArenA.
China is a huge nation and in Bejing lots of internationals play.

I don't rerember you using real players last year Liam, or were they just random names or real people.

The idea ISN'T to change Club Cricket just to take it to new locations.

Please :( :):):)

Jamee,

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
because age if it ain't broke don't fix it. and if malcolm speed doesn't take cricket to rome, we do as the romans do ourselves and don't take it there.

we gotta keep some reality in this and taking high quality CW players to face up to Guissepie the feared opening bowler for Udinese running off a 4 step run up is hardly good.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
because age if it ain't broke don't fix it. and if malcolm speed doesn't take cricket to rome, we do as the romans do ourselves and don't take it there.

we gotta keep some reality in this and taking high quality CW players to face up to Guissepie the feared opening bowler for Udinese running off a 4 step run up is hardly good.
lmao, Guissepie can be pretty fearsome down wind i hear :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
You could have other foreign players in there.

So we could have:

Milan vs Venice 25Smash Italy.

Eclipse 14(13), Gayle 50(25), Milan 90/1 9 overs.

David Jr. 2-0-15-1, Lucisoni 1-0-5-0.

You know what I mean?

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Jamee, don't you have anything better to do?

Like homework? :p
Don't you have anything better to do?

Like a degree?

Wait........oh yeah. :p

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
You could have other foreign players in there.

So we could have:

Milan vs Venice 25Smash Italy.

Eclipse 14(13), Gayle 50(25), Milan 90/1 9 overs.

David Jr. 2-0-15-1, Lucisoni 1-0-5-0.

You know what I mean?
it will most likely be the way it is right now.. when you read it.. substitute the teams for italian teams or whatever and the player names into italian players..

Tres contente?