• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Captains - Nominate Grade Players

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If each of the Dev League captains could please nominate up to 9 players from your dev league squad to be eligible for Grade cricket for the first half of the season. Grade matches will be played on Non Dev League days so they will be eligible for both.

There are no restrictions on who can play except for Internationals that are capped at BOTH test and ODI level. I expect captains will show good faith and nominate those that get fewer matches in the dev league.

edit: Note all grade games will be three day matches

Please do this ASAP as I'm hoping to get this up and running sometime next week.

Colts -
Blue -
Black -
Green -
Red -

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Still not 100% sure on the restrictions there, for example I've played both Test and ODI, yet over the past few seasons my OD batting has declined pretty rapidly and as such cant even get a game in the OD arena for Reds (not consistantly anyway).

Not disagreeing with your concept Simon, just saying that in some cases the restrictions might be a bit harsh...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still not 100% sure on the restrictions there, for example I've played both Test and ODI, yet over the past few seasons my OD batting has declined pretty rapidly and as such cant even get a game in the OD arena for Reds (not consistantly anyway).

Not disagreeing with your concept Simon, just saying that in some cases the restrictions might be a bit harsh...
You are pretty established and will stick around dev league regardless, plus playing a bit of grade cricket really wont help you get back into the Red's OD side. Grade is more to try and keep people interested longer and hopefully they'll stay active. Hopefully they can try and get through this season and next season given the numbers we have there is a very real possibility of a sixth dev league team.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If it's ok with the captain, I don't mind going back to Gofftown for a bit of a hit in between matches.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sellaro
Reddlapalli
Raftery
Hawker
Cole
Dubb-Lynch
Forner
EAP McNamara
JP McNamara

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
T Bochat
JC Wilson
MJ Deane
YA Fjermestad
BC Fitzsimmons
TV Weber
CJ Laing
UA Aslam
HGT Crockett

HeathDavisSpeed

Hoping some good form in Grade can help me retain my CW 'A' spot. Will have to be some pretty ****ing awesome Grade form, mind.

Johnners

Seeing as you want this asap, I think this list should be ok for Reds.

SV Raghav
MU Amir
E Ames
E Dean
Bharani
M Rapp
MJ Robbins Jnr
CJ Dinnen
S Singh

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Seeing as you want this asap, I think this list should be ok for Reds.

SV Raghav
MU Amir
E Ames
E Dean
Bharani
M Rapp
MJ Robbins Jnr
CJ Dinnen
S Singh
:O can't believe i didnt get a crack at Grade...

Johnners

We've only got 2 keepers, and Mork's record in OD's isn't something to write home about. Aside from that, he'll also most likely be out at certain stages in the season with international duties.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We've only got 2 keepers, and Mork's record in OD's isn't something to write home about. Aside from that, he'll also most likely be out at certain stages in the season with international duties.
Well, I am a keeper too.. :)

But anyways, excited to get in to Grade cricket. Hope to impress!! :)