Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Re-Launch of Grade

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar

Possible Re-Launch of Grade

At this stage we have 92 players signed up to Dev League teams, and with an odd number only 44 play on each match day. So ideally I'd like some sort of grade competiton to run so people who may not be first choice get a chance to play.

Basically it could be tough for me to do everything with this so I'd like to see who is willing to help with the running of this and what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    At this stage we have 92 players signed up to Dev League teams, and with an odd number only 44 play on each match day. So ideally I'd like some sort of grade competiton to run so people who may not be first choice get a chance to play.

Basically it could be tough for me to do everything with this so I'd like to see who is willing to help with the running of this and what they can do.
    I have ITC and would be willing to help if I can.

Definitely willing to help in some small way, love grade.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Davistow.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Eds
    I'd be willing to help out with a small part of stats collection or something similar?

As long as we keep it to ITC, the program I created to track stats for CricSim should work awesomely here. If whoever's simming it just fires off an email to me every round containing all the scorecards I'll be able to keep up to date stats on all individual things other than catches and stumpings. It'd only take me about two minutes each round to recalculate and post an update.

Alternatively I send the program to the simmer but it's not particularly user-friendly as it stands and it doesn't work on Vista so I'd have to make a few changes to it.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

If this is to get off the ground I'll need someone or some people to volunteer to do the simming. I can put together the databases and fixtures etc... but I'll need someone else to look after simming the games, posting results, doing stats. Perhaps a few people might want to take it on board so it can be a group effort.

If nobody else wants to i may be able to help out, depends on the workload....

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If this is to get off the ground I'll need someone or some people to volunteer to do the simming. I can put together the databases and fixtures etc... but I'll need someone else to look after simming the games, posting results, doing stats. Perhaps a few people might want to take it on board so it can be a group effort.
    Well I've got stats covered other than catches and stumpings. I'll sim as many games as you want me to as long as someone else figures out the lineups for me.

I'm thinking Grade will be run a little differently to make it a lot easier on those who run it. What I'd propose is that each Dev League captain nominate 8 or 9 players from their squad to play grade for the season (can still play Dev League) and those games will be played on non Dev League match days. So basically with the exception of injuries it will be the same line ups for all the games and we'll have about 3 rounds a week. All matches will be 3 day games.

I'm expecting that the players nominated by the captains will be the ones that will get less game time in Dev League and are also the inexperienced ones, anyone with international experience will be ineligible to play grade.

Thoughts on this?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Sounds a good idea, I would suggest that a good season would give a player an ability boost for the next season as the benefit of regular games, albeit at a lower level.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Sounds good, although perhaps they nominate every quarter? Rather than for the entire season? Food for thought.

Definitely limit it to 3 day games, ITC.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Sounds good, although perhaps they nominate every quarter? Rather than for the entire season? Food for thought.

Definitely limit it to 3 day games, ITC.
    Yeh thats a possibility, although maybe it could be split half and half as the dev league season game wise is only 15 rounds (12 games per side per form).

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Not sure about the international thing. There some internationals that are average in one form and will need some grade cricket to play regular in that form. De Silva for example has played ODIs, but wasn't a first choice player in FC last season. There are quite a few players like that.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Yeh was just an idea, if this is the way to go I'll leave it up the discretion of the captains and I'd hope they'll use their better judgement to give the guys who will get less game time than others a go in grade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information