• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season XII

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Gofftown Tigers v Stedingham Jets
in Gofftown Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Gofftown pros: Malthus, Dwyer, Thomas
Stedingham pros: Mamesh, +Gaukroger

The Jets never recovered from Thomas' probing opening spell, yielding nine runs and the wicket of Deodhar. After Gaukroger threw away her wicket while on 40, the Jets meandered to 197 for six, a wildly uncompetitive total. Chris Dwyer kept the run rate up enough, while Thomas slogged a bit at the end to end with a strike rate above 200.

Gofftown Tigers (9pts) beat Stedingham Jets (0pts)
Man of the Match: G. M. Thomas (Gofftown)
Good to have an impact on a OD match for once. Pushing for all-rounder status :cool:

Majin

International Debutant
Great win for Edfield over the Titans there. Pleased with that personally, runs and kept it nice and tight. Gun performance from Nayak too.

oz_fan

International Regular
Disappointing loss for the Titans. Happy with the bowling but I need to turn some of my starts into bigger scores.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
any games soon guys or am i just being silly with the schedule. i can not keep up! no rush just interested.. thats all

David

International 12th Man
I was waiting for Håk to post the next game before proceeding, although I may have read something wrong.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Not to be picky, but is there a chance of avoiding the opening slot when playing the longer form of grade games? I'm only an opener in OD. :) Prefer #3-4 in 3/4/5 day games.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
15 May - switched to three-day

Campsfield Braves v Garven Island Sharks
in Camps Field

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Campsfield pros: Blackman, Gooljar, Dunn

This game deposited an inevitable draw after Stuart caught Blackman for 29.

Garven Island Sharks (8pts) drew with Campsfield Braves (6pts)
Man of the Match: Tariq Ali (Campsfield)

Davistow Darters v Maddington Frenzy
in Heathridge Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Davistow pros: Hopgood, Ritchie
Maddington pros: McMeekin, Syed, Payne. Youth: Malone jnr.

Alamgir Syed and Lee Payne shone with the bat for the Frenzy, one making 40 entertaining runs while the other saw off 78 deliveries. With the Darters lacking batting power, and some help from the amateurs the second time around, it was enough for a win despite Hopgood's massive 152 in the second innings.

Maddington Frenzy (17pts) beat Davistow Darters (1pt) by 72 runs
Man of the Match: M. R. Hopgood (Davistow)

Edfield Seahawks v Gofftown Tigers
in CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Edfield pros: Bharat, Rai, GN Nayak, Borcich, Clapham, MJ Smith

The Seahawks eked home to the challenging target of 190 after Nayak smashed an unbeaten 49, well supported by Borcich. The Tigers put up a brave fight but lacked the required zip in the final innings.

Edfield Seahawks (16pts) beat Gofftown Tigers (3pts) by five wickets
Man of the Match: G. N. Nayak (Edfield)

Nixonstown Foxes v Fitzworthingham Broncos
in Nixonstown Server

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Nixonstown pros: Dravid, +Gray, Fox, Shah
Fitzworthingham pros: Ullungura, Arnold, Hogarth, Speirs, Williams, E McNamara

Jamee Gray and Ian Teisseire provided the bulk of the resistance for the Foxes, as they made a respectable 275 in the first innings. Then Shah demolished the in-form Broncos, taking seven for 55 in a desperate claim for a Colts spot, and only some thumping from Williams and Wallwork prevented a higher total. Fox then bashed 11 fours and two sixes in a scintillating 94, and the Foxes declared wit ha safe lead - they thought. A barrage of boundaries provided entertainment for the visitors, as they chased 396 in just 68 overs.

Fitzworthingham Broncos (12pts) beat Nixonstown Foxes (6pts) by seven wickets
Man of the Match: A. R. Arnold (Fitzworthingham)

Pickford Panthers v Twybridge Titans
in Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Pickford pros: Roberts, Su
Twybridge pros: Thompson, Das, Donald, Wilshere, Weber, Forner

An easy task for the Titans, as Forner and Weber feasted on a wicket with plenty in it, and Das provided an excellent knock from the opening position.

Twybridge Titans (19pts) beat Pickford Panthers (0pts) by ten wickets
Man of the Match: J. N. E. Forner (Twybridge)

Stedingham Jets v Greater Robbham de Grooters
in Jets Arena

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Stedingham pros: +Gaukroger, Reddlapalli, Bochat
Greater Robbham pros: Dobson, Amir, Mitchell

Robbham wilted easily, not managing past 150, and neither Amir nor Mitchell were on top form with the ball. Bochat celebrated a nine-wicket-haul in the game.

Stedingham Jets (17pts) beat Greater Robbham de Grooters (1pt) by nine wickets
Man of the Match: T. Bochat (Stedingham)

Code:
Team		P	W	L	D	T	BP	Pts
Fitzworthingham	19	15	3	1	0	54	205
Twybridge	19	12	5	2	0	59	185
Maddington	19	12	5	2	0	53	183
Campsfield	19	8	6	5	0	48	143
Nixonstown	19	10	7	2	0	33	131
Stedingham	19	7	9	3	0	33	114
Edfield		19	6	10	3	0	40	109
Robbham		19	6	11	1	1	32	103
Gofftown	19	8	10	1	0	28	103
Davistow	19	6	9	4	0	24	92
Pickford	19	5	11	3	0	22	75
Garven Island	19	1	10	7	1	22	55
Might do an OD round later tonight to bring us closer to schedule again.