• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* Grade Cricket to count!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This season, performances in Grade will affect Dev League simming stats. The main idea of Grade Cricket is to keep everyone involved even on bye days for individual teams, but now it will actually serve a purpose in influencing results. However, the CWBCC will need someone to assist us in this move. We need someone to track stats of individual performances, as in the scores and wickets for each CW player in each game.

ie, we need a spreadsheet telling us how much a player scored/the bowling figures in each game played.

The performances will affect simming stats as follows:

1. Only the last 6 Grade games by a player are taken into account.
2. For batsmen/allrounders: score of:
a. 70-99 = 1-run gain on simming average
b. 100-149 = 2-run gain
c. 150+ = 3-run gain
d. <15 = 1-run loss
3. For bowlers: score of:
a. 30-49 = 1-run gain
b. 50+ = 2-run gain
c. Duck = 1-run loss
4. A player can gain a maximum of 3 batting points playing Grade Cricket. A player can lose a maximum of 2 points.
5. Bowling - a bowler must take an average of 2+ wickets per game to qualify.
Average of:
a. 16-19 = 1-run loss off simming average
b. 10-15 = 2-run loss
c. 0-9 = 3-run loss
d. 30-34 = 1-run gain
e. 35+ = 2-run gain
6. A player can lose a maximum of 3 points and gain a maximum of 2 points.

Is anyone willing to volunteer to keep detailed performance stats for next season? Or perhaps one person handles two of the Grade teams, then another two more etc.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Question: If only the last 6 games are ever taken into account, does that mean the simming average will need to be revised to reflect the last 6 games every single time a player plays another grade game? Or will it be updated every quarter / season?

EDIT: What defines a batsman from a bowler?

Mr Mxyzptlk

The simming average will be adjusted before each game.

A bowler is anyone who (simming) averages less than 18 with the bat and less than 40 with the ball.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gee, sounds pretty complicated. I'm sure you guys will be able to work it all out though, good idea.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Personally I would help out if it weren't for the fact that you need it done for every game. That would mean being on the ball, every time a game is played, the stats would need to be updated before the next one... not a very big window. I think it would be better to do it quarterly, this would mean that you could judge improvements based on games played within the last quarter, and they'd have to play X amount of games within that quarter to qualify for the improvement... or... something. :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The simming average will be adjusted before each game.

A bowler is anyone who (simming) averages less than 18 with the bat and less than 40 with the ball.
I average 23podd with the bat but i'm still classed as a bowler, or have i just been outperforming my simming average for seasons?

plus for OD games i must be a batsman yes?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Personally I would help out if it weren't for the fact that you need it done for every game. That would mean being on the ball, every time a game is played, the stats would need to be updated before the next one... not a very big window. I think it would be better to do it quarterly, this would mean that you could judge improvements based on games played within the last quarter, and they'd have to play X amount of games within that quarter to qualify for the improvement... or... something. :p
I have to agree every game sounds a little much. If everything changes between quarters of the season that might make things easier to keep track of for everyone.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Another question... obviously last season grade cricket was 100% double-innings. With no one day games, how will grade cricket affect one day stats?

Mr Mxyzptlk

At most spaced it'll be done twice quarterly. Fair enough to engage your involvement? :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Twice quarterly works. Can I just make a suggested alteration to the rules, then...

2. For batsmen/allrounders: score of:
a. 70-99 = 1-run gain on simming average
b. 100-149 = 2-run gain
c. 150+ = 3-run gain
d. <15 = 1-run loss
e. Not out = 1-run gain added to whatever of the above points are given/taken.

readie

State Regular
Will Catches and run-outs effect fielding stats, this could help keepers keep up their keeping stats