• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Captaincy

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
I was looking about the grade cricket threads lately
and i realised that none of the grade tams have captains
i dont know if this has been brought up before or not
this is only a suggestion
just like the dev league the captain receives a list of available players and names his eleven keeper and bowlers
would they have to do orders of some sort how long would they take to do
if this is a stupid idea dont throttle me...

...please???

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
it was brought up at the start of the season and the simmers decided to not have official captains. The point of Grade Cricket is not necessary to win and loss, its giving the guys on the bench a chance a get some gametime. So the captains wouldn't have much control over who bowls and bats where, so their was no need for captains. As it would just be a token position.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
i see
but what if you had like 4-5 captains like in a pecking order
and if the first one were to be playing dev or CWXI then #2 would take his place
aint gonna happen but just a small queiry

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
33/3from3.3 said:
i see
but what if you had like 4-5 captains like in a pecking order
and if the first one were to be playing dev or CWXI then #2 would take his place
aint gonna happen but just a small queiry
If someone was going to captain a grade side they would basically have to play ever game, or you would have a new captain every game, which would be pretty pointless.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
It could work... I mean I played pretty much every game for Nixontown.
Yeah so have i, but im not sure if every club has a players who would play ever game and would be able to provide a reilable input to selections and not just have a token position.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
If captains were to send through tactics on grade games it would take alot longer to sim. Im pretty sure at the moment the games are simmed AI vs AI. Dave and Hakon dont have the time to go through that manyt teams worth of tactics. As has bee said the point of grade cricket is to give people game time.

Bobisback

International Regular
why are you always so grumpy? I guess its the display pic.

I think the idea would be good, but as people have said a bit much maybe

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There was last year - a token star to people whom the simmers felt had been longest involved/were most active, whatever. However, they had no influence on simming, and is not likely to have now that Beach Cricket has a reasonably decent AI which cuts down the simming time considerably (and hopefully means the next season will run smoothly)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bobisback said:
why are you always so grumpy? I guess its the display pic.
When Marge isn`t happy, I`m not happy. And when I`m not happy, Moe`s very happy. But for once, this isn`t about Moe. :@

David

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
now that Beach Cricket has a reasonably decent AI which cuts down the simming time considerably (and hopefully means the next season will run smoothly)
My prayers were answered.