• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

David

International 12th Man
superkingdave said:
wow, my OD bowlings that bad that i don't even get to bowl in grade cricket
You were too busy giving out your autograph, and you had an impromptu coaching session with the misunderstood youngsters of Garven Island.

cometer

State Regular
Disappointing loss there by the Darters. In the end it was our bowling that was too expensive but it was a good effort in the chase despite falling 60 odd runs short. Pleased with my contribution with the bat but still need to be a bit more consistent with the ball.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My god

0/81 off my 10, and a first ball duck. Can't get much worse than that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Kheldar19 said:
Hi guys, I was just wondering since blue didnt play yesterday, only red and green, I should have played grade cricket right?
Haha same. I needed a rest perhaps? Needed to put on some weight?

David

International 12th Man
You're all thinking a day ahead you fools. That's why you didn't play! Gimme a break, Liam posts the dev league whilst I sleep, I then work, and hence post grade roughly 18-24 hours after.

David

International 12th Man
Ahh, my post does sound a bit ****ed off doesn't it.. Wasn't meant to be.. Ahh well, new round coming shortly :p

By shortly I mean the time it takes for me to sim them, approx 15 hours ;)

David

International 12th Man
Only Four and a bit hours!

Gofftown Tigers 238(45.1) Lost to
Davistow Darters 9/312(50) by 74 Runs

The Darters lost two early wickets however dawlat Ameer and Eshan Ahsan steadied the ship with solid scores in a partnership of 109. After stabilising the innings the middle order was allowed to go rampant, with Jellett, langley, Comley and Warwick all scoring at more than a run a ball. Thomas was the pick of the bowlers however Demeza ensured his name was up there with three late wickets. In the reply Cribb and Jasotharan were looking solid, however when Jellet effected a brilliant run out to remove Jasotharan the Tigers didn't seem to recover, despite a brief but entertaining cameo from Vaughan. Comley's 4 wickets and quickfire 25 earning him MoM.

Nixonstown Foxes 6/192(41.4) Defeated
Stedingham Jets 187(41.3) by 4 Wickets

An amazing game, to be frank. Stedingham's highest score off the bat was 14, whilst extras managed a massive 147, including 133 byes. Despite his atrocious keeping at times, Fensome still managed to hold onto 2 catches. Using a 4 pronged spin attack and Rich Edmunds, the Foxes were unplayable, and fensome obviously couldn't read them either. Edmunds managed 4/8, and Gundry an amazing 4/3! Perhaps the worst batting effort in grade history. The Jets did their best to defend the laughable total, however they fell short, as MJ Pitt refused to get out, playing a steady innings of 98* to see the Foxes home.

Twybridge Titans 243(48.5) Lost to
Pickford Panthers 9/249(50) by 6 Runs

Whilst not an especially impressive total, 249 did the job for the Panthers. DeSilva providing the backbone of the innings with an entertaining 87, whilst most of the middle order chipped in with handy runs. Callum Thompson bowled a tidy ten overs for just 32, whilst White and Cotterill each snared 3 wickets. The Titans chase lacked solidarity, which would have won them the game, as it was they came perilously close, however Fuller redeemed himself at the last after some terrible bowling, by taking the last two wickets with only 8 runs req'd off the last two overs. DeSilva was pentrative, however his 4 wickets came at a costly 71, whilst Roberts and Benjamin bowled extremely economically.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 5/288(35.4) Defeated
Garven Island Sharks 284(49.2) by 5 Wickets

Monaghan, Ali and Gregory all played well in the middle order to take the Sharks to a good solid total of 284, Ali's 75 off 65 being the highlight of the innings. McKern however was threatening with 4/27 and the rest of the order didn't live up to expectations. Still, a total of 284 you'd expect to win.Chaulk, Dobson and Singh had other ideas however as they blasted the Sharks bowlers all around the park, overtaking the total in just the 36th over. Singh's explosive 95* off 63 was too much for the bowlers to handle, as only Richards was able to bowl with any effectiveness.

Edfield Seahawks 5/266(50) Lost to
Campsfield Braves 4/267(42.5) by 6 wickets

Towns and Satish Kumar batted impressively to guide the Seahawks to a solid total, Towns scoring a patient 108 as Bharat went berserk at the end, with a bone crunching 40* off 19, including 3 glorious sixes. Wilson was the pick of the bowlers with 3/47 whilst Jadeja kept it tight. No total is safe however as the Braves crusied home, Dubb-Lynch and Langdon providing the stability and Blackman and McEwan providing the knock out blows. None of the bowlers ever truly threatened.

Code:
Team		P	W	L	D	T	BP	Pts
Davistow	8	5	2	1	0	23	74
Gofftown	8	5	1	2	0	12	66
Campsfield	8	5	2	1	0	14	65
Robbham		8	5	0	3	0	11	64
Twybridge	8	3	2	3	0	15	52
Nixonstown	8	3	5	0	0	14	46
Stedingham	8	2	6	0	0	12	36
Garven Island	8	3	4	1	0	5	36
Pickford	8	2	5	1	0	5	24
Edfield		8	0	6	2	0	9	15

Attachments

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
David said:
Nixonstown Foxes 6/192(41.4) Defeated
Stedingham Jets 187(41.3) by 4 Wickets

An amazing game, to be frank. Stedingham's highest score off the bat was 14, whilst extras managed a massive 147, including 133 byes. Despite his atrocious keeping at times, Fensome still managed to hold onto 2 catches. Using a 4 pronged spin attack and Rich Edmunds, the Foxes were unplayable, and fensome obviously couldn't read them either. Edmunds managed 4/8, and Gundry an amazing 4/3! Perhaps the worst batting effort in grade history. The Jets did their best to defend the laughable total, however they fell short, as MJ Pitt refused to get out, playing a steady innings of 98* to see the Foxes home.
:cool: But two short of my maiden CW hundred.....:(

And incidentally, 133 byes?!?!?!?!? Neil's sim going haywire there, maybe? At least whoever it was (hopefully me) won the game with a six :D).

Are we going to get scorecards for these games? Just wondering. :)

David

International 12th Man
Barney Rubble said:
:cool: But two short of my maiden CW hundred.....:(

And incidentally, 133 byes?!?!?!?!? Neil's sim going haywire there, maybe? At least whoever it was (hopefully me) won the game with a six :D).

Are we going to get scorecards for these games? Just wondering. :)
You can trust me to forget something.
Fixed!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Always good to score a century and happy with the quickfire innings by Resha, but our bowlers really should have defended better - all but Whitehead got smacked about.

Comley had a great game and Thomas wasn't too shabby either, both making decent quick lower order scores and taking wickets with the ball. Hancock, Das, Fensome and Howler didn't fare too well, Burke and Jaso did averagely, and Pitt making a notable 98*, unlucky to not get to triple figures with batting partner Eccles getting caught up in the moment and robbing him of the two runs required for victory. McKern had a stunning game with the ball, being one of the few bowlers at grade level to keep his eco under 3 and taking four wickets while he was at it - good stuff, mate. Jack did okay, but missed out on wickets which are always vital in games as close as the one he was in.