• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
ashame we didnt get a win up for the tigers but well done and a good second inn performance after our poor first one. happy with my 136. good stuff guys.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
Sharks not doing well.

indeed, damn Green bowlers!

nice work Sudeep in particular, super game.

Myself opening the bowling says abit about ourt bowling stocks too :blink:

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
bugssy said:
ashame we didnt get a win up for the tigers but well done and a good second inn performance after our poor first one. happy with my 136. good stuff guys.
Gofftown-----------Edfield:
Courtis--------------Barnaby*
Thampi--------------Herbert
Malone--------------Nayak, G.N.
Mohammad-------James
Nash---------------- Satish Kumar
Vaughan+ --------- Nayak, G.N.
Jamaluddin*--------Morton
Kipling-------------- Whitehead
Swann---------------Smith
Hartley--------------Baber+
Masterman--------- Derick

yes but you were playing against 2 Gauravs

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
33/3from3.3 said:
One of them is probably Gary. :)

Interesting 1st innings from the Seahawks - 288 from 157 overs. Me returning probably won't help, either...

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Nice win for the Jets there, good win and some good bowling by our spinners and Andy. A very good way to get back on the winners list. Looking forward to playing for the Jets, sometime this season.

David

International 12th Man
Grade Round 6 1st March

I apologise for skipping team lists.

Gofftown Tigers 381 Defeated
Davistow Darters 137 & 193 by an Innings and 51 Runs

The Darters were handed an embarrassing loss as Gofftown continued in fine form. Thomas tore through the Darters with 10/97 in the match, 5 in both innings. Malthus-Howell got a handy century for Gofftown and their total of 381 was always going to bring them home against the weak batting of the Darters.

Nixonstwon Foxes 226 & 5/105 defeated
Stedingham Jets 96 and 231 by 5 wickets

A lower order fightback set the stage for the Foxes after struggling at 6/83, as Sanjeet hit a fine half century at 9. Popat bowled a respectable 6/90 however the Stedingham bowlers let the Foxes lower order get away from them. Currie and Edmunds then tore through the Jets, forcing the follow on. The second innings was better by the jets, however it wasn't enough, with Currie once more taking wickets at regular intervals, ending with match figures of 10/99. Defending 102 was never going to be easy, however the Jets did snag 5 wickets before the Foxes made it home.

Twybridge Titans 163 & 8/447d defeated
Pickford Panthers 108 & 103 by 399 runs

Hancock's 61 rescued the Titans from an embarrassing start to the game, as they struggled to 163, Roberts bowling a wonderful 6/61. Pickford however were let down by their batting, as they crashed to 108, both Thompson and McNamara taking 4 each. When Twybridge's opening stand in the second innings surpassed the Panthers' first innings total, alarm bells were ringing. Nearly every batsman got a start as the Titans piled on a massive 447, the Panthers bowlers being largely ineffective. Hancock then tore through the panthers, taking 7/34 as the Panthers were dismissed for 103 in a mere 31.4 overs, handing the Titans a massive victory.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 201 & 0/5 Drew with
Garven Island Sharks 200 & 225

A fantastic contest between two evenly matched teams as the Grooters took first innings points, and patience, despite 6 wickets from Dave Richards, as Broadbridge's level headed 69* anchored the innings. Earlier McKern and Pardhasaradhi had taken 4 each to restrict the attacking Sharks to 200, with Jones top scoring with 73. McKern took 5/68 in the Sharks second innings to restrict them to 225, however the attacking play was gone as the sharks ground away for 97.3 overs, leaving Greater Robbham no time to make a chase.

Edfield Seahawks 215 & 221 lost to
Campsfield Braves 406 & 0/31 by 10 wickets

D.S. Singh smashed 165* to take the game away from the Seahawks, after a respectable 215 in their first innings, with Collins and Gooljar taking regular wickets. Then the Braves came out to bat, and whilst they were troubled early Singh steadied the ship and went on to post a formidable lead. The Seahawks creditably avoided an innings loss, however the braves only needed 6.2 overs to get the runs required with no loss of wickets

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
33/3from3.3 said:
Gofftown-----------Edfield:
Courtis--------------Barnaby*
Thampi--------------Herbert
Malone--------------Nayak, G.N.
Mohammad-------James
Nash---------------- Satish Kumar
Vaughan+ --------- Nayak, G.N.
Jamaluddin*--------Morton
Kipling-------------- Whitehead
Swann---------------Smith
Hartley--------------Baber+
Masterman--------- Derick

Fixed

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David said:
Code:
Garven Isl.:	Stedingham :
Lezama		Wallis
Hanbury		Deodhar
Tariq		Prabhakar Rao
Garven		Chaudhari
Shaukhat	Hogarth
Monaghan	[B]Cameron[/B]
Piper		Innes
Dharajia	Popat
Rose		Loganathan
Bristow		Javed
Stuart		Bala
Garven Island Sharks 57 & 119 Lost to
Stedingham Jets 373

The Jets played out of their skin to secure and emphatic innings victory over highly touted Garven Island. Holden Wallis got a sturdy century as most of the Jets players chipped in, producing a strong total of 373. This proved too much for Garven Island, as they struggled to play Sudeep Popat, the legspinner taking 10/68 for the match. The Sharks got a measley total of 57, and didn't do much better following on, tumbling to 119.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

How bad must our batting order be when I'm coming in at 6!? :lol:

Anyway, good win there boys, good stuff from Popat.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Good to see a lot of Colts doing well this round, with Howler, Thomas, Hancock, Resha, Das, Burke, McNamara all playing well for their sides.

Edfield looking fairly dire, no real help made to change that from myself, that's for sure. :(

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
even though i didnt play well done gofftigers. good stuff boys....excellent performance. keep the good form going......

David

International 12th Man
Code:
Team		P	W	L	D	T	BP	Pts
Davistow	6	4	1	1	0	22	65
Gofftown	6	4	0	2	0	12	58
Campsfield	6	4	1	1	0	13	56
Greater Robbham	6	3	0	3	0	8	45
Twybridge	6	2	1	3	0	12	41
Nixonstown	6	2	4	0	0	14	38
Stedingham	6	2	4	0	0	12	36
Garven Island	6	2	3	1	0	3	26
Edfield		6	0	4	2	0	9	15
Pickford	6	0	5	1	0	3	6

cometer

State Regular
yikes. 100 runs off my bowling in only 20 overs. The only thing that makes it look reasonable is taking 3 wickets. As for the Darters i think its a case of forget that game and move on to the next.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great to see we`re top of the table. Haha, the Colts players haunt me everywhere I go! Thomas, Howell - GO AWAY! Please!

Dissapointing game, but I`m glad to take three wickets and get some not-outs.