• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Darters have been on fire so far this season...bet the spectators flocked from everywhere to cheer on local hero Dave 'van der' Watt last weekend. :laugh:

Looking forward to getting my first game in a bit later in the season :).

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Right arm fast said:
am i playing in this comp at all i saw my name in the titans squad but im not sure whats happning there
If you're Kamlar, Hakon didn't get some info on you so thought you were inactive.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
LOL Xav doesn't even know his international teammates :lol:

I don't think Black have had a bye yet, so that is probably why Thompson hasn't played a game.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:

I don't think Black have had a bye yet, so that is probably why Thompson hasn't played a game.
:laugh:

A soon as we have the bye you will be suiting up for the Titans i would think...

roseboy64

chaminda_00 said:

It's late at night and I'm watching the West Indies. I have good reason.:laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm

0/37 off my 10 was alright, but not at all pleased with my second ball duck.

David

International 12th Man
Grade Cricket Round 5 - 3 Day

They've been simmed, but I need to write the reports etc, and I'm just too bloody tired, sorry, they'll be done in the morning. Didn't help that CW has been down for me.

Yes, Håk is far superior to me.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
David said:
They've been simmed, but I need to write the reports etc, and I'm just too bloody tired, sorry, they'll be done in the morning. Didn't help that CW has been down for me.

Yes, Håk is far superior to me.
Which proves you have a life.

Kheldar19

Cricket Spectator
Excuse me, hi, do you think i could sign for this please?, I signed up already in the CW Development league, so i could sign up for this as well. And if you can do two signups in one go, the CWXI as well please.

David

International 12th Man
Grade Cricket Round 5 3 day 28th February

Code:
Robbham:	Davistow:
Sajith		Dawlat*
Lucas		McDonagh+
Sukhvinder*	Chapman
Scott		Naik
Tebbut		Lawrence
Palmer		Ehsan
Finnegan	Murdoch
Jervis+		Bayley
Parhasaradhi	Cassidy
Fortune		Pradeep
Mitchell	Waheed
Greater Robbham de Grooters 136 & 319 Drew with
Davistow Darters 324 & 8/56

An understrength Darters team was lucky to get away with a draw as they collapsed to a dangerous 8/56 chasing just 132 for victory. Dawlat hit an impressive 184* to help the Darters along to 324, Palmer however destroyed the rest of Davistow with 6/63. Pradeep then took 5/47 as the Grooters crashed to an embarrassing 136. Following on was not a problem however, as they managed 319, young Scott being the star, getting unluckily run out by his partner on 90. Set 132 for Victory, the Darters never looked close. Dawlat got run out early, which spelt an end to Davistows batting order, and Mitchell and palmer tore through the Darters, however the miracle win was not to be, time being on the side of the darters.

Code:
Pickford:	Nixonstown:
Richings	Pitt
Bhattacharjee	Prestwidge
Hepworth	Eccles
Jacob	        Adhikari*
Chopra	        Grierson
Benjamin	Flanaghan
Bharanidharan+	Sanjeet
Rabone	        Dalton+
Gokarn	        Gundry
McCrystal	Laeeq
Bhadauria*	Teisseire
Pickford Panthers 100 & 171 lost to
Nixonstown Foxes 230 & 4/43

A solid performance from the Foxes saw them overcome the Panthers in a one sided affair at Pickford Reserve. All the Nixonstown bowlers chipped in to reduce the Panthers to 100, as young legspinner Gundry opened the bowling, taking 3/36. Whilst Nixonstown didn't put up the best total, it was a solid account on the Pickford minefield. 230 was the total with Sanjeet and Gundry both scoring solid half centuries. Gundry continued his fine game taking a diligent 6/57, keeping the Panthers to 171 despite an unbeaten 80 from opener Richings. It was then a simple affair for the Foxes, needing just 42 for victory, however they still lost 4 wickets before closing out the game.

Code:
Gofftown:	Edfield:
Courtis	        Barnaby*
Thampi	        Herbert
Malone	        Nayak, G.
Mohammad	James
Nash	        Satish Kumar
Vaughan+	Nayak, G.N.
Jamaluddin*	Morton
Kipling	        Whitehead
Swann	        Smith
Hartley	        Baber+
Masterman	Derick
Gofftown Tigers 182 & 5/363D drew with
Edfield Seahawks 288 & 2/68

The Nayaks opened the bowling for Edfield as the restricted the Tigers to 182. Only two players made it to double figures, as Mohammad and Swann put on 120 for the 8th wicket partnership, giving some respectability to their total. Edfields batsmen got starts, however nobody was able to get on with it, as they fell to a disappointing 288. Rob Malone, obviously not happy with his first innings effort, helped Gofftown along with a stunning 136* as Gofftown put on a massive 5/363 declared. However they didn't give themselves enough time to win the game, and Edfield comfortably cruised to the end of the game at 2/68.

Code:
Garven Isl.:	Stedingham :
Lezama		Wallis
Hanbury		Deodhar
Tariq		Prabhakar Rao
Garven		Chaudhari
Shaukhat	Hogarth
Monaghan	Cameron
Piper		Innes
Dharajia	Popat
Rose		Loganathan
Bristow		Javed
Stuart		Bala
Garven Island Sharks 57 & 119 Lost to
Stedingham Jets 373

The Jets played out of their skin to secure and emphatic innings victory over highly touted Garven Island. Holden Wallis got a sturdy century as most of the Jets players chipped in, producing a strong total of 373. This proved too much for Garven Island, as they struggled to play Sudeep Popat, the legspinner taking 10/68 for the match. The Sharks got a measley total of 57, and didn't do much better following on, tumbling to 119.

Code:
Campsfield:	Twybridge:
Langdon		Gunn
Jahangir	Burke
Singh		Cotterill
Hasabnis	Joslin
McEwan		Bokey
Harvey		Amresh Kumar
Jacklin		Weber
Gooljar		Buttsworth
Das		Naidu
Jadeja		White
Chattha		Dolphin
Campsfield Braves 151 & 196 drew with
Twybridge Titans 143 & 3/134

A low scoring affair at Camps Field ended in a tame draw, as neither side was able to take the game by the throat. Campsfield managed only 151, Singh being the mainstay of the innings with 64, and Buttsworth doing the major damage with a tight 4/29 . The Titans reply wasn't any better, as they stumbled along to 143, Joslin being the only bright light as all the Campsfield Bowlers did their job. A seconds innings total of 196 from Campsfield was good enough to secure a draw, but had there been more time Twybridge looked likely to take it home.

Table:

Code:
Davistow	4-0-1	65
Robbham	        3-0-2	41
Gofftown	3-0-2	40
Campsfield	3-1-1	40
Stedingham	2-3-0	36
Twybridge	1-1-3	26
Garven Island	2-3-0	22
Nixonstown	1-4-0	22
Edfield	        0-3-2	14
Pickford	0-4-1	5

Attachments

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
Kheldar19 said:
Excuse me, hi, do you think i could sign for this please?, I signed up already in the CW Development league, so i could sign up for this as well. And if you can do two signups in one go, the CWXI as well please.
Applying for the Development League also applies for grade cricket, you'll be assigned a team shortly.

roseboy64

Kheldar19 said:
You get selected to the CWXI based on your performance in the Dev League. You can't just sign up fo rit just willy nilly like that. If you do well you'll get achance....eventually. Anyway, sure you can sign up for this. Just express an interest in joinig and Hakon(Samuel_Vimes) will assign you a team.