• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

wrangler203

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh, good god, that hurts :(. 10 overs for 95 runs, and one measly wicket?, and then only 25 runs of 24 balls. Im staying in the nets till from sunup till sundown. Thats atrocious.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
One-day round two - much the same:

Davistow Darters v Pickford Panthers @ Heathridge Oval

Code:
Davistow:	Pickford:
Dawlat		Bhattacharjee
+McDonagh	Richings
Naik		Hepworth
Ehsan		Jacob
Langley		+Bharanidharan
Comley		Chopra
Chapman		Trafford
Murdoch		****erill
Cassidy		Rabone
Watt		McCrystal
Pradeep		Bhadauria
The Panthers were never near posting a significant target, as early wickets from Dave Watt put them back and turners from Comley and Langley kept things tidy in mid-innings. Langley got the honour of wrapping up the innings, taking three wickets with four balls as the Panthers were bowled out for 182. In reply, Dawlat Ameer thumped 106 not out, and the Darters recorded an easy ten-wicket win.

Pickford Panthers 182 (49.1 ovs) lost to
Davistow Darters 183-0 (24.3 ovs) by ten wickets

Nixonstown Foxes v Greater Robbham de Grooters @ CW Oval

Code:
Nixonstown:	Greater Robbham:
Markus		Scott
Pitt		Lucas
Feeney		Sukhvinder
+Gray		Dauth
Adhikari	Dobson
Grierson	Robbins
Prestwidge	Sajith
Fensome		Finnegan
Riaz		+Jervis
Gundry		McKern
Edmunds		Mitchell
Marc Robbins chose to bat first on his Dev League home ground, and though opener Scott had been dismissed for a golden duck, it was Robbins' lucky day. Sukhvinder hit a blistering 84 before Paddy Gundry had him caught in the outfield, and though Rich Edmunds had a bunch of late wickets, the slogging efforts of Sukhvinder and Dobson (75 off 49) ensured a total of 341. However, the Foxes wanted to join in on the fun; by the third over, they had hit 39, and the opening partnership yielded 113 in 74 balls. Gradually, however, Callum McKern and Mat Mitchell got some control over the batsmen, and when Rob Dauth held a catch off Gray's bat, the Foxes needed 83 off 66 with four wickets remaining. Fensome played well for his 37 before perishing to Sajith's medium pace, and his efforts ensured that the Foxes needed eight off the last over with a wicket in hand. Edmunds hit six off the first four balls, but a suicidal single on the penultimate ball saw the non-striker Gundry run out, and de Grooters won by a solitary run to send the Foxes to their fourth straight defeat.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 341 (49.4 ovs) beat
Nixonstown Foxes 340 (49.5 ovs) by one run

Gofftown Tigers v Twybridge Titans @ Gofftown Oval

Code:
Gofftown:	Twybridge:
Jasotharan	+Burke
Courtis		Das
Malone		Joslin
Malthus-Howell	Gunn
Mohammad	Bokey
+Vaughan	Amresh Kumar
Nash		Hancock
Jamaluddin	White
Thomas		Cotterill
Demeza		Weber
Masterman	McNamara
A splendid effort from Gunn, who hit 126 not out off 99 balls, ensured that the Titans posted a competitive total of 302 for 9 at the Gofftown Oval after opting to bat first. The Tigers' lack of bowling depth was shown out, as Jasotharan was forced to bowl four overs - performing credibly by snaring the wicket of Bokey. However, the Tigers would have been furious for failing to convert the good start Demeza had given them. However, it turned out to be enough. Rob Malone sliced 92 in barely an hour, while Jasotharan played an unusually composed knock of 106 to take the Tigers to the brink, and though Hancock (three for 68) and Weber (two for 58) both got wickets, it was not enough to contain the Tigers, and they eked out a two-wicket win.

Twybridge Titans 302-9 (50 ovs) lost to
Gofftown Tigers 303-8 (47.4 ovs) by two wickets

Stedingham Jets v Campsfield Braves @ Jets Arena

Code:
Stedingham:	Campsfield:
Stedman		Langdon
Bennett		Jahangir
Wallis		Singh
Prabhakar Rao	Blackman
Chaudhari	Hasabnis
Deodhar		McEwan
Popat		+Harvey
+Gaukroger	Jacklin
Loganathan	Das
Javed		Jadeja
Cameron		Chattha
A late rush of wickets from Javed Shafiq could not stop the Campsfield Braves from making 314 for 6 at the Jets Arena - the spinners were, in general, too costly, and though Shafiq bowled two for 38 and Cameron nought for 37, their lack of early wickets was also crucial. Campsfield had a horrible first over bowled by Das, but Jacklin took two early wickets in a fine early spell. Stedingham came back through a century from Wallis, but once again the Braves were bowled back - this time by Jadeja, who got four wickets for 59 runs, and when Chattha repaired a costly early spell with the wicket of Gaukroger, the equation was 29 off 24 with two in hand. The next over went for three, and Chattha struck twice in the 48th as the Braves' bowling once again prevailed.

Campsfield Braves 314-6 (50 ovs) beat
Stedingham Jets 290 (48 ovs) by 24 runs

Edfield Seahawks v Garven Island Sharks @ Sanderston Ground

Code:
Edfield:	Garven Island:
Towns		Garven
Barnaby		+Lezama
James		Shaukhat
Bharat		Hanbury
G Nayak		Monaghan
Satish Kumar	Tariq
GN Nayak	Gregory
Rai		Rose
Borcich		Edmondson
Whitehead	Richards
+Baber		Stuart
Poor judgment cost the Seahawks a truly big score at Sanderston, with both Dan Towns and Keith James run out, but Pooja Bharat played a lovely innings of 91 and Satish Kumar followed up with 54 off 25 balls to see the Seahawks to a total that the hopeful crowd thought would see them out of the mire. However, Andrew Garven had other thoughts for his Sharks. He put on 149 with Shaukhat for the second wicket, and hit 19 fours and two sixes in a stunning 130 - before scoreboard frustration saw him gift his wicket to Nick Borcich for 130. However, Monaghan and Ali littered the boundaries to ensure that the Sharks prevailed at Sanderston, and the Seahawks are still without a win in four attempts.

Edfield Seahawks 294-7 (50 ovs) lost to
Garven Island Sharks 295-4 (45.1 ovs) by six wickets

Code:
Darters		4-0-0-0	56
de Grooters	3-0-1-0	38
Tigers		3-0-1-0	37
Braves		3-1-0-0	35
Sharks		2-2-0-0	22
Titans		1-1-2-0	22
Jets		1-3-0-0	15
Seahawks	0-3-1-0	 8
Foxes		0-4-0-0	 6
Panthers	0-3-1-0	 5

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Seahawks really not playing to standard, but from a Colts POV it's great to see Pitt, Jaso and Resha all making good runs.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
ONE RUN!?!?

Quite ****ed off, but so proud of the boys, Gundry did a good job with his leggies, and Matt's innings was great. But to need 2 off 2, and to get a run out...

Can't put it into words.

Still 0-4, but that was such a game.

Personally, 40(58) is a nice knock, but in that situation, I should never have left Prestwidge and Alex with the tail.

Carn the Foxes!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
As usually my batting out shines my bowling in OD and thats not saying much about my batting.

BTW: Doesn't Chris Kalmar play for the Jets, i don't recall him playing a game yet?

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
Seahawks really not playing to standard, but from a Colts POV it's great to see Pitt, Jaso and Resha all making good runs.

We're playing like *****, to be blunt about it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
As usually my batting out shines my bowling in OD and thats not saying much about my batting.

BTW: Doesn't Chris Kalmar play for the Jets, i don't recall him playing a game yet?
Yes, but as I didn't get any simming stats for him, I assumed he was inactive.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Darters on fire, we really look a strong side. Pleased with my bowling, it`s great to try different things with my bowling in these matches.

Keep on rocking.