• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Edfield v Davistow @ PDV Dome

Code:
Edfield:	Davistow:
+Mørk		Dawlat
Herbert		McDonagh
Towns		+Jellett
Bharat		Langley
GN Nayak	Comley
Rai		Naik
G Nayak		Ehsan
Barnaby		Watt
James		Cassidy
Borcich		Pradeep
Shoveller	Kennett
With 78 from Dan Towns and 79 from Dan Rai, Edfield recovered from a very tricky early position, then bowled Davistow out for a meagre 111 despite 38 from Dylan Jellett.

Edfield Seahawks 233/8 (50 ovs)
Davistow Darters 111 (42.5 ovs)

Nixonstown v Campsfield @ CW Oval
Code:
Nixonstown:	Campsfield:
Markus		Jahangir
Feeney		Langdon
Pitt		Singh
+Gray		Hasabnis
Fensome		Gooljar
Currie		McEwan
Adhikari	Jacklin
Grierson	+Harvey
Gundry		Wright
Clancroft	Das
Edmunds		Jadeja
Campsfield found the Oval virtually impossible to score on, as maidens abounded from Edmunds, Gundry, Clancrfot and all the others. However, Feeney (36*) and Pitt (26*) showed how to bat on the pitch, and reached the target in well under 25 overs.

Campsfield Braves 76/9 (50 ovs)
Nixonstown Foxes 79/1 (21.1 ovs)
Scorecard lost

Pickford v Garven Island @ Youngshead Ground
Code:
Pickford:	Garven Island:
Richings	Garven
Bhattacharjee	+Lezama
+Bharanidharan	Shaukhat
Benjamin	Hanbury
Hepworth	Monaghan
Jacob		Richards
Chopra		Rose
****erill	Cunningham
McCrystal	Edmondson
Goughy		Stuart
Bhadauria	Bristow
The scores of Andrew Garven and Xavier Rose were highlights for the Sharks, while patient bowling from Kevin Goughy reaped four wickets for 44 runs, including those of Lezama and Richards. However, Bharanidharan and Jacob helped Pickford recover from a poor start against Rose and Cunningham, and the Panthers made it to a five-wicket win.

Garven Island Sharks 213/9 (50 ovs)
Pickford Panthers 214/5 (41.1 ovs)

Robbham v Gofftown @ CW Bar Ground
Code:
Robbham:	Gofftown:
Lucas		Jasotharan
Dobson		Malone
Dauth		Malthus-Howell
Scott		+Vaughan
Robbins		Dwyer
Sukhvinder	Mohammad
Finnegan	Nash
+Jervis		Jamaluddin
Pardhasaradhi	Thomas
McKern		Demeza
Mitchell	Masterman
74 from Jasotharan and 68 from Dwyer gave Gofftown a healthy total at the Bar Ground, where Jack Finnegan shone with the ball - Callum McKern got smacked about, his seven overs yielding 69 runs. However, vicious batting from Dobson, Robbins and Sukhvinder ensured a five-wicket win for de Grooters, despite Dauth being caught off the bowling of Demeza for 1.

Gofftown Tigers 281/7 (50 ovs)
Greater Robbham de Grooters 283/5 (40.4 ovs)

Stedingham v Twybridge @ Jets Arena
Code:
Stedingham:	Twybridge:
Stedman		Joslin
Bennett		+Burke
Mamesh		Gunn
Butler		Bokey
+Gaukroger	Amresh Kumar
Prabhakar Rao	Hancock
Buxton		Weber
Loganathan	Buttsworth
Javed		White
Bala		Cotterill
Cameron		McNamara
This was not the day to bowl to Chris Butler. The CW Test batsman smashed 129 at the Jets Arena, including five sixes, as Stedingahm muscled their way to a massive total. Late wickets from Bokey, Weber and Hancock stopped them somewhat, however, and the final total of 316 for 9 looked chasable. So it was; Joslin set the pace with 73, and when the Titans were 225 for 4, they looked very solid. Stedman broke the partnership by having Hancock caught behind for 59, however, and Bennett redeemed an early expensive spell to eventually pick up four for 66.

Stedingham Jets 316/9 (50 ovs)
Twybridge Titans 287 (50 ovs)

Attachments

cricketboy29

International Regular
Stedman actually bowls?, on the other hand good win for Edfield. And big ups to Hakon for getting the round in:D.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Edfield v Davistow @ Jets Arena

Code:
Edfield		Davistow:
Barnaby		Dawlat
Herbert		+McDonagh
James		Naik
Satish Kumar	Langley
GN Nayak	Ehsan
Galbraith	Comley
Whitehead	Chapman
MS Smith	Murdoch
Shoveller	Bayley
+Baber		Cassidy
Derick		Pradeep
Edfield swept aside Davistow on the back of a first-innings ton from James and excellent bowling from Matt Smith (nine wickets) and Gaurav Nayak (six wickets). Comley's allround efforts of 66 runs and seven wickets were not enough. Game played at Stedingham due to pitch damage in Sanderston.

Davistow Darters 179 & 114 lost to
Edfield Seahawks 290 & 4-0 by ten wickets

Nixonstown v Campsfield @ Nixonstown Server

Code:
Nixonstown:	Campsfield:
Fensome		Langdon
Prestwidge	Jahangir
Adhikari	Singh
Grierson	Hasabnis
+Gray		McEwan
Currie		Gooljar
Sanjeet		+Harvey
Eccles		Jacklin
Gundry		Dunks
Clancroft	Das
Edmunds		Jadeja
Alex Fensome smashed 106 in a brutal innings, and Eric Clancroft and Rich Edmunds together was all too much for the Braves to handle. They crashed to 60 and 77 in two woeful innings, as the Foxes won by an innings and 91.

Nixonstown Foxes 228 beat
Campsfield Braves 60 & 77 by an innings and 91 runs

Pickford v Garven Island @ Pickford

Code:
Pickford:	Garven Island:
Richings	Garven
Bhattacharjee	+Lezama
+Bharanidharan	Shaukhat
Hepworth	Hanbury
Benjamin	Monaghan
Jacob		Cunningham
Chopra		Tariq
****erill	Rose
McCrystal	Gregory
Goughy		Bristow
Roberts		Stuart
A splendid batting performance from Andrew Garven, followed up by Stuart and Xavier Rose cleaning up the ball, gave Garven Island a surprise victory at Pickford. Xavier Rose showed that pace bowling was effective too by grabbing six for 43 in the second innings, amid Bharanidharan's 51.

Garven Island Sharks 256 & 218 beat
Pickford Panthers 170 & 156 by 148 runs

Robbham v Gofftown @ CW Bar Ground

Code:
Robbham:	Gofftown:
Lucas		Courtis
Tariq		Malone
Sukhvinder	+Vaughan
Scott		Mohammad
Tebbut		Dwyer
Palmer		Nash
Finnegan	Jamaluddin
+Jervis		Kipling
Pardhasaradhi	Swann
McKern		Thampi
Mitchell	Masterman
Gofftown Tigers paid for not going away with their starts, and despite a champion performance from Chris Dwyer in the second innings (six for 57), he was outdoen by Mat Mitchell, who took six for 68 in the second innings and had Dwyer caught for 10. Rob Malone hit 73 of Gofftown's 169 in the second innings, but they still went down by 53 runs.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 230 & 156 beat
Gofftown Tigers 164 & 169 by 53 runs

Stedingham v Twybridge @ Jets Arena

Code:
Stedingham:	Twybridge:
Stedman		Joslin
Wallis		Gunn
Butler		Bokey
+Gaukroger	Amresh Kumar
Prabhakar Rao	+Crampton
Chaudhari	Buttsworth
Hogarth		Weber
Buxton		Naidu
Javed		White
Cameron		Cotterill
Loganathan	McNamara
McNamara and Weber bowled Twybridge to victory in a close contest.

Twybridge Titans 183 & 204 beat
Stedingham Jets 175 & 182 by 30 runs

(Burke played due to an unfortunate oversight.)

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Okay, I'm late, but dude. You have no idea how happy I am...

Code:
			Ovs	Mdns	Runs	Wkts	wd	nb	E/R
DP Towns		4	2	3	1	0	0	0.75
I GOT A FREAKIN' WICKET! :D 78 runs, too... but a wicket! A WICKET! And only three runs off four overs. Oh man, this is the highlight of my Grade cricket career.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm... Im listed on the teamsheet for Pickford but did not play in the game. Any reason?

Did I eat some dodgy prawns and ended up on the toilet for 4 days?

I was in good form as well and looking forward to the next game. :cry:

My replacement, Bhadauria, batted number 10, did not bowl and scored 0,0 in his 2 innings and did not take a catch!

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
79 man, I love that. Real pleased to contribute to a seahawks win. It's quite plainly obvious that the matchwinner was Towns wicket, though. :p

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
P.G. Gundry ct Harvey b Gooljar 19 35 3 0
Gundry 0.1- 0 - 0 - 1 :laugh: :ph34r:
Gundry 13 3 23 3 :) :)
Currie 9 7 3 2 :o
GO FOXES

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
Okay, I'm late, but dude. You have no idea how happy I am...

Code:
			Ovs	Mdns	Runs	Wkts	wd	nb	E/R
DP Towns		4	2	3	1	0	0	0.75
I GOT A FREAKIN' WICKET! :D 78 runs, too... but a wicket! A WICKET! And only three runs off four overs. Oh man, this is the highlight of my Grade cricket career.

Sorry mate, But I already got 5! lol, still, good job anyways Towns! :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Goughy said:
Hmm... Im listed on the teamsheet for Pickford but did not play in the game. Any reason?

Did I eat some dodgy prawns and ended up on the toilet for 4 days?
Yep.

(or, also possible, I messed the entering of teams up.)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
(or, also possible, I messed the entering of teams up.)
So should the result still stand? Pickford ended up playing with just 3 bowlers and the whole balance of the team was messed up.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Goughy said:
So should the result still stand? Pickford ended up playing with just 3 bowlers and the whole balance of the team was messed up.
Benjamin would have bowled anyway. The only change would have been that McCrystal (13 overs, 3 wickets) would probably have bowled a lot less. :p

It evens out over a season.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
Sorry mate, But I already got 5! lol, still, good job anyways Towns! :)
Something tells me my average is better, though ;) Unless I've been bowled in other matches and didn't notice. But to be honest, I don't care how many anyone else has right now. I got a wicket. That's the first since I was playing in American 2-3 off seasons ago. :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Campsfield v Davistow @ CWBCC Stadium

Code:
Campsfield:	Davistow:
DP Smith	Dawlat
Langdon		McDonagh
+Dubb-Lynch	+Jellett
Blackman	Langley
Wilson		Naik
Hasabnis	Warwick
McEwan		Comley
Gooljar		Ehsan
Jahangir	Chapman
Collins		Pradeep
Jadeja		Patrick
Campsfield outclassed the out-of-form Darters, with their much-vaunted batting line-up firing - Alex Blackman hit 95, Darren Dubb-Lynch a blistering 76, Hasabnis 103 and Gareth Gooljar 43. Gooljar then backed up with four wickets, and bowling in tandem with Adam Collins he got plenty of wickets - Davistow crashed to 111, and following on Collins got six for 65 as Davistow were bowled out again for 210, despite 77 from Comley.

Campsfield Braves 386 beat
Davistow Darters 111 & 210 (f/o) by an innings and 65 runs

Garven Island v Nixonstown @ Clowich

Code:
Garven Island:	Nixonstown:
Fitzsimmons	Pitt
Tariq		Fensome
Shaukhat	Adhikari
Hanbury		+Gray
+Monaghan	Currie
Gregory		Grierson
Richards	Prestwidge
Piper		Sanjeet
Edmondson	Eccles
Bristow		Clancroft
Stuart		Edmunds
Back to normal for the Sharks, as Matt Currie (5-27) and Alex Fensome (3-25) took them apart for 88 despite the former Test opener Fitzsimmons being in the side. Jamee Gray and Matt Currie then made batting look easy, compiling 90 for the fourth wicket, and though Richards' marathon effort yielded a MacGill-esque eight for 97, Garven Island crashed to an embarrassing 40 all out in the second innings. Only Hanbury passed 10, while Edmunds took five for 14 and Matt Currie bowled eleven balls, conceding one single to Bristow and taking the last three wickets.

Garven Island Sharks 88 & 40 lost to
Nixonstown Foxes 275 by an innings and 147 runs

Pickford v Gofftown @ Pickford Reserve

Code:
Pickford:	Gofftown:	
Richings	+Jasotharan
Bhattacharjee	Courtis
de Silva	Malthus-Howell
Fuller		Mohammad
Benjamin	Dwyer
+Hepworth	Nash
Jacob		Jamaluddin
Chopra		Kipling
Trafford	Swann
****erill	Thomas
Roberts		Demeza
As usual, the match at Pickford was low-scoring. Trav Demeza bowled a splendid spell to tug Gofftown back after they collapsed to 124, getting five for 20 including both Sean Fuller and Callum Benjamin, and Chris Dwyer cleaned up. Courtis then smashed 103 for Gofftown, and even Greg Thomas joined in the fun as Gofftown set an imposing target, then bowled Pickford out for 132 with Thomas celebrating a five-for.

Gofftown Tigers 124 & 234 beat
Pickford Panthers 79 & 132 by 147 runs

Twybridge v Robbham @ Riverside

Code:
Twybridge:	Robbham:
+Burke		Lucas
Joslin		Tariq
Gunn		Sukhvinder
Bokey		Tebbut
Wilshere	Palmer
Crampton	Broadbridge
Thompson	Finnegan
Hancock		A Buxton
Weber		+Jervis
Amresh Kumar	McKern
McNamara	Mitchell
A closely run match at the Riverside eventually saw Tarick Weber as the hero, as he helped dig the Titans out of a very tricky position. Having earned a lead of 16 on first innings, the Titans collapsed to the new-ball pairing of Mat Mitchell and Callum McKern, and were 95 for 6 when Nick Hancock entered. He departed for 15, leaving Weber at the crease with the total 140 for 7, but Weber hit 45 - the same as Wilshere - as the Titans set a target of 237. Weber then took three top order wickets, and Jack McNamara cleaned up, to topple Robbham from the top of the table.

Twybridge Titans 200 & 220 beat
Greater Robbham de Grooters 184 & 137 by 99 runs

Edfield v Stedingham @ PDV Dome

Code:
Edfield:	Stedingham:
Towns		Stedman
Barnaby		Wallis
James		+Gaukroger
Bharat		Prabhakar Rao
G Nayak		Chaudhari
Satish Kumar	Deodhar
Rai		Hogarth
GN Nayak	JB Buxton
Shoveller	Javed
MS Smith	Loganathan
+Baber		Cameron
Pooja Bharat continued Edfield's resurgence when she smashed 85 for the Seahawks in the Dome. Her stand with Gary Nayak brought the Seahawks to 200 for 3 - before Andy Cameron's second spell yielded five wickets and a crash to 224. James Stedman and Megan Gaukroger then hit half-centuries, and though Luke Shoveller's leg spin yielded five wickets, Stedingham led by 90. However, though Cameron took another six wickets, Bharat and Nayak once again came up trumps for Edfield, and with Dan Rai further boosting his batting credentials with a splendid, patient 55, Edfield set Stedingham 252 to chase. Rai then tormented the lower order with four wickets, and though Stedman hit 61, the Jets were all out for 147.

Edfield Seahawks 224 & 341 beat
Stedingham Jets 314 & 147 by 104 runs

Code:
Team		 P	 W	 L	D	BP	Pts
Nixonstown	32	18	13	1	78	265
Greater Robbham	32	19	 9	4	46	246
Twybridge	32	17	11	4	56	232
Edfield		32	15	14	3	57	214
Stedingham	32	16	15	1	44	211
Gofftown	32	15	15	2	51	209
Davistow	32	15	15	2	49	203
Campsfield	32	13	17	2	43	181