• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

what are you guys on about 4????

it was 3 and i'm sorry,but how the hell is making 3 accounts a banning offence???8-)

if it is it's stupid.

where the hell does it say no making other accounts??:huh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowl-A-Beamer said:
what are you guys on about 4????

it was 3 and i'm sorry,but how the hell is making 3 accounts a banning offence???8-)

if it is it's stupid.

where the hell does it say no making other accounts??:huh:
Mhm? There are some laws higher than those of CW cricket.

No Multiple Usernames. Each member creates their own unique username to suit their style, personality and this identifies them in the forum. Members should not create multiple usernames to voice or create a different identity. This can cause confusion, deceit and inconvenience to all members. If you’re caught doing this, the Administrator or Moderator can impose penalties such as temporary and permanent bans on the member’s account(s).

We must abide by them.
I've banned the treva and the ynot from CW. Whether or not Bowl-A-Beamer remains is really up to you, or the discretion of my fellow moderators.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As much as I take it as a compliment that CW cricket would drive you to schizophrenia, I think you should spend your time seeking professional help. Your sig, for one, is very disturbing.

I now direct you here where you may make your closing statements.

David

International 12th Man
Grade was postponed by Indoor cricket finals.
Expect games from either Håk (Sooner) or me (later ie 24 hours)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'd ****ing hope not.

Can't we just He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named him (eg. you keep out of the CWXI forum, we don't have a go at you)?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm pretty sure it says on the now mostly defunct CWXI website that it's against the rules to have more than one account....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Grade Round Twenty-Four

Davistow Darters Greater Robbham de Grooters Heathridge Oval

Code:
Davistow	Robbham:
Dawlat		Lucas
+McDonagh	Dobson
Jellett		Dauth
Langley		Robbins
Naik		Sukhvinder
Ehsan		Tebbut
Watt		Finnegan
Cassidy		+Jervis
Kennett		Pardhasaradhi
Pradeep		McKern
Waheed		Mitchell
Dave Watt and David Kennett were outstanding with the ball, but received too little backing from their other bowlers, with the exception of the tight-fisted Pradeep. Thus, Rob Dauth, Sukhvinder and Tebbut managed half-centuries, and de Grooters totalled 277 after being put in. Davistow lost early wickets, and were 96 for 5 after a fearsome spell from Pardharasaradhi, but Dawlat Ameer hung in there to thump 141, including a massive eighth-wicket stand of 75 with Kennett. Needing 26 off 18, David Kennett smashed two big cover drives to reach 51 in 25 balls - before Kenny Doson hung on to another at deep cover. 16 needed off 12 with one wicket in hand. The next over went for nine, but Mat Mitchell bowled two dots to start the next over, and then found the outside edge with the third as de Grooters won by six runs.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 277 (47.5 ovs)
Davistow Darters 271 (49.3 ovs)

Nixonstown Foxes Pickford Panthers CW Oval

Code:
Nixonstown:	Pickford:
Markus		Young
Feeney		Richings
Fensome		Benjamin
+Gray		+Hepworth
Currie		Jacob
Adhikari	Chopra
Grierson	Trafford
Prestwidge	****erill
Sanjeet		McCrystal
Clancroft	Bhadauria
Edmunds		Roberts
A blistering century from Jamee Gray and a patient 59 from Alex Fensome gave Nixonstown a solid platform at the CW Oval, and Rich Edmunds then had Peter Young caught at slip by Matt Currie for 11 in the second over of the Pickford innings. Edmunds' opening spell was eventually worth 10-2-33-5, as he bowled unchanged throughout and set the Panthers back to 91 for 5. Jacob and Trafford fought back, but Markus had Jacob bowled off the inside edge, and the lately introduced Sanjeet celebrated four wickets as the Panthers crashed to 204.

Nixonstown Foxes 339/5 (50 ovs)
Pickford Panthers 204 (41.5 ovs)

Gofftown Tigers Edfield Seahawks Gofftown Oval

Code:
Gofftown:	Edfield:
Courtis		+Mørk
Thampi		Barnaby
Malthus-Howell	G Nayak
Dwyer		GN Nayak
Mohammad	Rai
Nash		James
Jamaluddin	Satish Kumar
Thomas		Herbert
+Patel		Borcich
Demeza		Shoveller
Masterman	Whitehead
Gaurav Nayak celebrated success with the ball for Edfield, as his ten overs yielded four wickets for 49 on the bowler-friendly pitch at Gofftown. The new ball swung miles in the hands of both Nayak and Borcich, and set Gofftown back to 13 for 3, then 30 for 4. A century from Mohammad Mahmood and 41 from Greg Thomas took Gofftown past 200, while Trav Demeza hit Borcich for four with his second ball. He outside edged the third to Herbert at third slip. Edfield were set back by Demeza, who had two men bowled in his opening spell, but Gaurav Nayak and DK Rai put them back into contention with a partnership worth 113. Both were robbed of their milestones, however; Rai was bowled for 49, while Satish Kumar stole Nayak's glory with a single at the end of the 41st over, taking the strike with the scores tied and Nayak on 98 not out. He thus hit the winning runs, while Nayak had to eb content with 98 not out - 98 more runs than Gary Nayak.

Gofftown Tigers 237/9 (50 ovs)
Edfield Seahawks 241/5 (41.2 ovs)

Stedingham Jets Garven Island Sharks Jets Arena

Code:
Stedingham:	Garven Island:
+Mamesh		Fitzsimmons
Stedman		Hanbury
Gaukroger	Shaukhat
Prabhakar Rao	+Monaghan
Wallis		Richards
Chaudhari	Tariq
Gillespie	Gregory
JB Buxton	Piper
Javed		Edmondson
Bala		Bristow
Loganathan	Stuart
The dominant scores in the first innings came from Shaukhat Shahzad (127) and Simon Fitzsimmons (59), while the Jets' bowlers toiled but never got serious control over the Sharks' batsmen. James Buxton repaired a poor opening spell with two wickets, including Dave Richards for a five-ball duck, but still the Sharks managed well past 250. However, Stedingham ran rampant; James Stedman thumped 148 in 102 balls, Megan Gaukroger supported him well with 57, and Prabhakar Rao and Wallis eased past the target.

Garven Island Sharks 281/7 (50 ovs)
Stedingham Jets 285/3 (38.5 ovs)

Twybridge Titans Campsfield Braves Riverside, Twybridge

Code:
Twybridge:	Campsfield:
Joslin		+Dubb-Lynch
Gunn		Langdon
Bokey		Hasabnis
Amresh Kumar	McEwan
Weber		Gooljar
Buttsworth	Jahangir
Naidu		Harvey
+Hale		Jacklin
White		Dunks
Cotterill	R Das
Dolphin		Jadeja
The Braves were held afloat by a stunning innings from Langdon, who took three hours for a total of 135. No one else passed 35, while Buttsworth, Dolphin and White took two wickets each for Twybridge. The Titans chased down that target with ease, Tarick Weber guiding them home along with Amresh Kumar after the two shared an unbroken 107-run partnership for the fourth wicket. Bokey also got a half-century for Twybridge.

Campsfield Braves 248/9 (50 ovs)
Twybridge Titans 249/3 (40 ovs)

Code:
		 P	 W	 L	D	T	BP	Pts
Davistow	23	13	 8	2	0	43	181
Greater Robbham	23	13	 6	4	0	37	173
Twybridge	23	12	 7	4	0	45	173
Stedingham	23	13	 9	1	0	34	169
Nixonstown	23	11	11	1	0	48	163
Gofftown	23	10	11	2	0	36	142
Campsfield	23	 9	12	2	0	31	125
Edfield		23	 8	12	3	0	35	120
Pickford	23	 9	13	1	0	24	111
Garven Island	23	 6	15	2	0	22	 92
There's the one-day round for last Sunday (19 March) still to go, but I need to get homework out of the way first.

Attachments

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Any chance of scorecards? Great to see the Seahawks take another win! Also good to see Dan and Alex making runs with the bat, one shy of 50 for Dan and a 59 to Fensome is promising.

EDIT: Thanks, mate. :)

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes! We beat Davistow :D Can't believe Rich Langley took my wicket and reached double figures. Need to fix up our act, boys.

Btw, Hakon, Davistow have the same amount of wins, 2 more losses, and 6 more bonus points, yet are somehow 8 points ahead? Do you get -1 point for a "d" which I am guessing is a draw? In OD?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Damn, Gofftown. Our OD hasn't been spectacular this year.

Glad to get some runs but would've preferred wickets given the situation.

That said...can I bat there in OD matches all the time, Liam? :D :D