• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shouldn't I have been playing for the Jets given that Greens had a bye? We won though, which is always a good thing.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
andyc said:
Shouldn't I have been playing for the Jets given that Greens had a bye? We won though, which is always a good thing.
I think there is a time lapse, a day behind here in Grade Cricket land.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah I'd thought it might be something like that.

By the way David, in the Twybridge-Stedingham match, only the first (Stedingham) innings is on the scorecard.

David

International 12th Man
andyc said:
Ah I'd thought it might be something like that.

By the way David, in the Twybridge-Stedingham match, only the first (Stedingham) innings is on the scorecard.
Ahh crap. Had a power spike, thought I'd saved it all though :(

Can't recover it either sorry :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I really enjoed that FC game... but I got taken to pieces in the OD match. :laugh:

Fun cricket. :)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Barkin hell DK. 5-0-45-0... And heres me thinking you were a walk-up start for my place in the Reds 1D team!

cricketboy29

International Regular
Now thats a good match, my bowling stank to raw hell, but my batting is exemplifying my SR that i signed up with. 20(28):D

Loony BoB

International Captain
Holy cow, we did too. Great bowling by Dan to get a few wickets and well, if I have to get a golden duck in every game we win then so be it. :p

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
Edfield Seahawks v Twybridge Titans @ PDV Dome
Code:
Edfield:	Twybridge:
Towns		AS Das
Barnaby		+Burke
James		Joslin
Herbert		Wilshere
G Nayak		Gunn
Bharat		Crampton
Rai		Thompson
GN Nayak	Amresh Kumar
MS Smith	Hancock
Shoveller	Cotterill
+Baber		McNamara
The Seahawks continued their rapid descent, with Callum Thompson grabbing five for 12 in the first innings and dismissing Edfield for 116 after batting first in the PDV Dome. Daniel Towns was the highest scorer, with 25, but even free runs off Jack McNamara's bowling couldn't stop the Seahawks from falling. Arunava Das then outscored the Seahawks on his own, hitting a massive 157 as the Titans plundered the Seahawks' bowling. To make matters worse, Nick Hancock blazed a 55-ball ton at the end, and the Titans made 460. However, Edfield replied with fury the second time around. Gary Nayak and Pooja Bharat shared a stand of 118 for the fifth wicket, and the two brothers added 109 for the seventh, as the Seahawks managed to total 412 - Nayak ending unbeaten on 151. However, they still only set a target of 69, which was easily chased down after Stephen Burke hit 34 not out.

Edfield Seahawks 116 & 412 lost to
Twybridge Titans 460 & 70-2 by eight wickets
Code:
Davistow	16	9	6	1	0	33	132
Robbham		16	9	4	3	0	28	129
Twybridge	16	8	4	4	0	36	128
Gofftown	16	8	6	2	0	30	116
Nixonstown	16	7	8	1	0	34	113
Stedingham	16	8	8	0	0	22	110
Campsfield	16	8	7	1	0	25	108
Garven Island	16	5	9	2	0	17	75
Edfield		16	4	9	3	0	24	73
Pickford	16	5	10	1	0	19	70
Very nice boys! We're right up there, totally in contention!
cricketboy29 said:
Edfield, goddammit, in the words of gestalt psychologists, the whole is supposed to be greater the sum of its parts, not the other way around. Individual performances, dont count for crud, if we dont win....:(

But I must say, the second half was a thunderous riposte to anyone who thought we were pushovers, Bharat-79(47), Gary-151(164), and my meagre contribution 66(44)
Lol Gaurav you played well, especially the hard-fought five-for.
(including me :p).
Code:
N.R. Hancock           ct Nayak G.          b Nayak G.N.         100   56 15 0
vic_orthdox said:
Great work. I think Hancock's doing a good job of getting elevated up the order. Definently better than a number 9...
Lol thanks Jack :) we're all pulling our weight! Let's see:
  • You took seven wickets
  • Das plundered 157
  • Burkey let though only eight byes for the game and made some handy runs
And although I dont know who CT. Thompson is, 5/12 isn't too bad at all :laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
One day grade round from yesterday (15 March) delayed until David sims the 12 March round.

(this for consistency of stats keeping, and homework for me...)

Last edited: