• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year

You've just joined, already whining about grade cricket? You've either yet to realise, or are just rude. Either way, I'll let you in on a little secret. Everybody who runs things in this sim does it voluntarily for everyone else's benefit. Indeed, they sacrifice their own time to enhance the experience for others. Now, they fit 1-2 hours in around their actual life nearly every day just so we can get our little batch of games. They don't have to, sometimes they may not want to - but they do, and they do it very damn well. The last thing they need is undue pressure placed upon them by you, or anyone else.

I'd recommend apologising to David and wising up ASAP..

Bobisback

International Regular
You see, i started off just suggesting that if you cant do it, why not say so? But people misunderstood me, and started to trash talk me, so i went with it.

David i am sorry, i realise what you're doing here, and i really do appreciate it.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Just quietly, Im suprised they turned Burpey down for CW Land's version of neighbours.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bobisback said:
Yeah you guys have a point, i mean im sure if it happened in Dev, people would sit down and drink their tea patiently, surely saying - "Well i hope it comes with in the next 3 weeks, if not, no worries, im sure the simmer is doing his best, ALL HAIL <insert simmers name here>"

So i would like to say sorry, its back to being patient for me!
There are occasions (albeit rare) that the dev league falls a little behind because Liam has RL commitments or his internet stuff up or whatever else. I think you'll find that David had a perfectly good reason for not posting the games as he said he would, and he will probably explain it when he gets back. It's fine to ask when the games will be posted and so on, as you have seen other people do, but you're taking it a bit far by acting as if you've been personally affronted by the games being a little late.

Just calm down and wait like the rest of us are.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
KennyD said:
Just quietly, Im suprised they turned Burpey down for CW Land's version of neighbours.
I turned them down. The lack of Natalie Bassingthwaite did not please me.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Pickford Panthers v Edfield Seahawks @ Pickford Reserve

Code:
Pickford:	Edfield:
Richings	Barnaby
Bhattacharjee	Herbert
+Hepworth	James
Jacob		Satish Kumar
Chopra		Galbraith
Trafford	GN Nayak
Benjamin	Banik
****erill	MS Smith
Bhadauria	Whitehead
Roberts		+Baber
Pickup		Derick
A win would see the Seahawks off the bottom place in the league, but with a full-strength Black spin attack of Roberts, Pickup and Benjamin at the other end and a pitch that was known to turn only to Pickford residents, the Panthers went in as overwhelming favourites - despite a worse record in three-day cricket to date than Edfield. However, it was the Seahawks who triumphed in a similarly overwhelming manner. Their much-vaunted batting line-up finally fired, with Barnaby and Herbert putting on 145 for the first wicket, and a crucial 31 not out from Gaurav Nayak helped them past 200. Pickup was frustrated, getting a hat-trick of tailenders towards the end but not showing any of the form he had in the West Indies, while George Roberts' four for 91 were credible figures but could not stop the rot. Gaurav Nayak then took the first three wickets, and though he was his usual expensive self, the wickets were crucial. Matt Smith the elder then sliced through the Panthers' tail, who fell from 149 for 5 to 156, and following on the story repeated itself - though this time Pickup was not out for 4. Nayak got Richings, Bhattacharjee and Hepworth again, Smith broke a threatening partnership between Jacob and Chopra, and the rest of the team folded as the Seahawks didn't even have to bat again.

Edfield Seahawks 302 beat
Pickford Panthers 156 & 144 (f/o) by an innings and two runs
A 10-wicket bag. That'll do me... :happy:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bobisback said:
Obviously not enough, if they did then they would have the games done on time. If they cant get them down maybe they should think about passing it on to someone else.
How ungrateful are you?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bobisback said:
He is australian right? So that makes it the 14th right? Hmm, and he is simming the 11th and 12th games? Thats not on the dot is it, i have had patience, and still im waiting for them. All im saying is, if you cant get them done, why not say so, and get someone else to do it?
So he's a whole day or so late, what a major crime.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bobisback said:
Yeah you guys have a point, i mean im sure if it happened in Dev, people would sit down and drink their tea patiently, surely saying - "Well i hope it comes with in the next 3 weeks, if not, no worries, im sure the simmer is doing his best, ALL HAIL <insert simmers name here>"
Actually there's been a fair few times when the sim has been late, and apart from the odd sarcastic comment there's been no dissent, because most people do realise that this being done by someone in their own spare time.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd laugh if David said, "I just couldn't be bothered" after all these people said "I'm sure he had a good excuse".

But, seriously...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
13th March - Grade Cricket

Garven Island v Davistow @ Clowich Stadium

Code:
Garven Island:	Davistow:
Hanbury		Dawlat
+Lezama		+McDonagh
Garven		Naik
Shaukhat	Langley
Cunningham	Ehsan
Monaghan (dnk)	Warwick
Tariq		Comley
Rose		Murdoch
Teague		Bayley
Bristow		Pradeep
Stuart		Cassidy
A magnificent century from Don Lezama ensured a comfortable victory for the bottom placed Sharks at the top placed Davistow, even though David Comley choked the middle order with five wickets. He was, however, expensive, and when Harry Warwick had an off day, Lezama could stroll to 133. Comley then hit 69 not out in a futile but entertaining rearguard, which, thanks also to the rain, gave the Sharks 28 overs to chase 105. However, Andrew Garven paced his innings excellently, and just after half past seven he brought up a century with a single to crown his unbeaten 62.

Davistow Darters 165 & 241 lost to
Garven Island Sharks 302 & 105-1 by nine wickets

Twybridge v Nixonstown @ Riverside

Code:
Twybridge:	Nixonstown:
AS Das		Prestwidge
+Burke		Fensome
Joslin		Adhikari
Gunn		+Gray
Wilshere	Currie
Bokey		Grierson
Amresh Kumar	Sanjeet
Buttsworth	Eccles
Weber		Gundry
Cotterill	Clancroft
White		Edmunds
Paddy Gundry's unbeaten 36 in the second innings very nearly took Nixonstown to the very top of the grade league tables, after both teams had been dismissed for meagre scores the first time around. Buttsworth of the Titans and Rich Edmunds for the Foxes claimed five-wicket-hauls in the first dig, while in the second, the Foxes were 114 for 8 when Gundry stepped to the crease to partner Prestwidge. The latter reached his half-century, but could only add 11 more, while Gundry hit three boundaries and ran well for 36. However, his partners deserted him, and an unbeaten 85 from Arunava Das guided Twybridge home by seven wickets.

Nixonstown Foxes 113 & 169 lost to
Twybridge Titans 104 & 179-3 by seven wickets

Pickford v Stedingham @ Pickford Reserve

Code:
Pickford:	Stedingham:
Richings	Wallis
Bhattacharjee	Deodhar
DeSilva		Prabhakar Rao
Hepworth (dnk)	+Gaukroger
+Bharanidharan	Chaudhari
Benjamin	Hogarth
Jacob		Innes
****erill	Javed
McCrystal	Loganathan
Bhadauria	Cameron
Roberts		Bala
Tharmi Loganathan enjoyed the turner served up at Pickford, helping himself to tail-end wickets as the ball turned square and sent the Panthers from 108 for 5 to 109. The Jets got a poor start when Wallis was nailed by Roberts early on, but fought back, and Megan Gaukroger hit a splendid, attacking 63 to help her side to 237 and a first-innings lead. Dinu de Silva then outscored all of his team mates in a fantastic 134 - compared to 109 from the Panthers in the first dig and the second innings total of 222 - but still the Jets were only set to chase 95. Colin Benjamin nailed three wickets, but Gaukroger stood up once again, hitting 39 not out and sharing a 63-run stand for the sixth wicket as the Jets paraded home.

Pickford Panthers 109 & 222 lost to
Stedingham Jets 237 & 95-4 by six wickets

Robbham v Edfield @ CW Bar Ground

Code:
Robbham:	Edfield:
Scott		Barnaby
Dobson		Herbert
Sukhvinder	James
Tebbut		Satish Kumar
MR Smith	GN Nayak
Palmer		Galbraith
Broadbridge	Whitehead
Finnegan	MS Smith
+Jervis		Shoveller
Pardhasaradhi	+Baber
Mitchell	Derick
The Seahawks flew back to their nest dejected, after Beamer won the battle of the Matt Smiths emphatically with a first-innings haul of six for 21. Earlier, healthy contributions from the entire batting order had sent de Grooters to 246, with Gaurav Nayak, Matt Smith the elder and Luke Shoveller chipping in with three wickets each. The elder Smith also top scored in the first innings for Edfield, with 21, but as Smith and Mitchell wreaked havoc that was not good enough. The second time around, they were humiliated by medium pacer Pardhasaradhi, and barely passed 100 - Smith snr top scoring again, this time with 26, while Mat Mitchell completed a nine-for in the game.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 246 beat
Edfield Seahawks 67 & 100 (f/o) by an innings and 79 runs

Gofftown v Campsfield @ Gofftown Oval

Code:
Gofftown:	Campsfield:
Courtis		+Dubb-Lynch
Cribb		Langdon
Malone		Singh
+Vaughan	Hasabnis
Mohammad	McEwan
Dwyer		Gooljar
Nash		Jahangir
Jamaluddin	Harvey (dnk)
Kipling		Jacklin
Thomas		Jadeja
Masterman	R Das
A blistering half-century from Darren Dubb-Lynch saved Campsfield amid the Thomas onslaught, as the Colt seamer had six men caught for sub-20 scores - five of them walked back with single digit totals. After an opening stand of 79, the Braves then fell to 131 for 9, as Malone also chipped in by dismissing the openers, before Das hit 22 to take the Braves past 150. However, it was nowhere near a competitive total. Chris Dwyer took his frustration with the CWBCC out on the Braves bowlers, and with twenty-two boundaries in a mind-boggling 173, he had carried the Tigers to a total of 361. The Braves fell to 76 for 4 in reply, before Gareth Gooljar fought back along with Langdon, and the two shared a fifth-wicket stand of 132. Gooljar's 175-ball innings only yielded 33 runs, however, and the target was a modest 55 with nearly all of the evening still to play. It was all too easy, as Cribb and Malone guided their team home with an unbroken second-wicket stand of 35, but the Tigers still had to be content with third place in the table.

Campsfield Braves 155 & 260 lost to
Gofftown Tigers 361 & 55-1 by nine wickets

Code:
		W-L-D	BP	Pts
Davistow	8-6-1	33	120
Greater Robbham	8-4-3	26	115
Gofftown	8-5-2	28	114
Nixonstown	7-7-1	30	109
Twybridge	7-4-4	29	109
Stedingham	7-8-0	21	 97
Campsfield	7-7-1	23	 94
Edfield		4-8-3	24	 73
Garven Island	5-8-2	15	 73
Pickford	5-9-1	19	 70
As for the 11th and 12th March matches, I assume they're half-done, so I won't do them given that I've got two more sims to do tonight.

Attachments

Last edited: