• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
I would like to announce that CW Green have signed free agent Matt Pitt, who was released by the Colts the other day. Pitt struggled in the past year at the Colts scoring 215 runs @ 21.5 in OD games and 327 runs @ 14.86 in FC games. Pitt's u/19 form showed everyone what he can do though with 272 runs @ 54.4 in the longer version and 185 @ 37 in the shorter version. We are absolutely delighted to have Matt on board and look forward to seeing him work towards achieving his potential at Green.
Good to have you aboard Matt. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matteh said:
Surely Dunn posted saying he thought he would stay at Green but now he's received an offer that he wants to take up. Saying 'i'll stay' early during the off season is hardly binding. We've just lost Goughy so it seems fairplay for us to want another promising bowler from somewhere.
Given the post he responded to, he basically did the same thing that he has now apparently done with Green. The difference being that he did so with Blue first. Talked it out mostly with Andrew btw.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
AussieDominance said:
he stated his intention not signed?
Seeing as there is no such contract to sign, stating that he'll say surely serves as written confirmation, no?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well as far as the league is concerned, once a player commits to a club, he/she has signed on for the season. Otherwise it can be hell for a club to organize its squad list heading into next season. Consider that if we do it your way, all the players Black has signed can theoretically jump ship the day before the season starts.
Camps, surely Dunn can leave if he wants... him simply saying "Ok I'll stay" isn't binding at all.

pasag

RTDAS
This is farcical, putting down your name in a thread is just a common courtesy to the captain and the team and should not be binding in nature as all.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I've just had an extensive chat with Garven over this, and I thought I'd summarise my thoughts here -

- There is nothing to suggest that Pinchy's response to Liam's post with "I'll Stay" was binding - or the equivalent of being officially contracted (ie; his position in the squad being finalised in the Squad Announcements thread)
- According to Garven, Liam then decided after Pinchy had responded that it would be binding
- Therefore, the pretenses under which Pinchy said he'd stay were false, because there was no indication UPON SIGNING that it'd be binding

I think that whilst it's inconvenient and undesireable for Blue that Pinchy should change his mind after saying that he'd stay (and I sympathise in this regard), there are no grounds for him to be barred from moving.

Don't mean to annoy anyone, and I didn't really care much about this, but Garven has compelled me to offer my thoughts. Could be misinformed though, so apologies if I've missed something.

Edit - might also add that Garven doesn't actually intend to sign Pinchy, so feel free to come Red bud :p .

Last edited:

Matteh

Robertinho said:
- There is nothing to suggest that Pinchy's response to Liam's post with "I'll Stay" was binding - or the equivalent of being officially contracted (ie; his position in the squad being finalised in the Squad Announcements thread)
- According to Garven, Liam then decided after Pinchy had responded that it would be binding
- Therefore, the pretenses under which Pinchy said he'd stay were false, because there was no indication UPON SIGNING that it'd be binding
Think this should set the future precedent.

Matteh

Updated list:
M Mitchell
N Dravid
J Rodgie
A Garven
A Lezama
M Pitt
X Rose
N Scott
R Malone

Was on the previous page. Am led to believe that's it so far.

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
im here boys and i am commiting my future to the greens. i am also commiting my future to the captain and putting my hand up for vc if he would like. if it has been handed out all ready than fantastic and congrats.

i would also like to welcome the new team mates and a warm welcome to one of the greatest clubs around.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
Why? The season hasn't started, he isn't bound by the conditions that are in place during a season.
He has committed himself to the club.

There has to be some cap on it, otherwise players could all up and leave on the last day of the pre-season and leave a club with 3 or 4 players.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
He has committed himself to the club.

There has to be some cap on it, otherwise players could all up and leave on the last day of the pre-season and leave a club with 3 or 4 players.

Dauth has commitment problems it seems ;)