• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
TV Weber- kwek
BC Cunningham- bryce
A Feene- Waughney
DK Rai- Majin
PR Sajith- Biased Indian
JR Gray- Jamee999
DP Towns- Loony Bob
AJ Garven- Age Master
GS Gooljar- SupaFreak
NS Hoy- thewizard1o1
A Lezama- Don
RJ Malone- Bugssy
RG Verghese- lord_of_darkness
R Timewell- Timewell
BJ Goff- Blewy
XPA Rose- roseboy64

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yup, those are all correct. Oh, and Hoy, I decided that since you were top wicket taker, had the best average and strike rate and the second best eco rate for CW Green last season (for OD's) that I'd give you a little mission on the spinner's wicket rather than the seamers. ;)

Just noticed that in the two longer preseason games that you averaged something like 77. ;) Good job. :D

Reuben, Blewy, have sent you both an email.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'd also like to congratulate Weber on his first two games where he took 14 wickets for 182 runs - that's 13 a piece. :) Great start!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
Yup, those are all correct. Oh, and Hoy, I decided that since you were top wicket taker, had the best average and strike rate and the second best eco rate for CW Green last season (for OD's) that I'd give you a little mission on the spinner's wicket rather than the seamers. ;)

Just noticed that in the two longer preseason games that you averaged something like 77. ;) Good job. :D

Reuben, Blewy, have sent you both an email.
haha that maybe true but a closer look at my stats and you will see that a third of my overs were madiens and had a rpo of 1.9. Putting the pressure on for the other bowlers....its a team game remember ;). No mention from you of my batting average thou....:p

Loony BoB

International Captain
It's a bit rough to compare averages - I think we only have one genuine #11 in our entire team! Only CW Green could pull off a 102 run last wicket stand with the #11 in the side hitting 59. :D Pity our top order fell apart in that game in the first innings, we could have won by an innings easily if it hadn't. Oh, and you average more than I do in FC batting. :S This is why I don't volunteer myself to play in FC games, just List-A.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Since they were both played on the CWBCC ground (i think), the same bowlers backed up well in both games. I'm keen to see our pace attack get stuck into it on a more pace friendly wicket. As for the batting i think it will only be a matter of time until its start to clicks, with bugs and craig in the mix as well this season it looks strong.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
I'd also like to congratulate Weber on his first two games where he took 14 wickets for 182 runs - that's 13 a piece. :) Great start!

Cheers mate :) very happy with my bowling :) it all comes in the right place:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
This is why I don't volunteer myself to play in FC games, just List-A.
I'd back you to play FC games though. I think the way you play in ODs shows that you could potentially be a very good FC batsman. Some struggles against the new ball though.

Loony BoB

International Captain
thewizard1o1 said:
Since they were both played on the CWBCC ground (i think), the same bowlers backed up well in both games. I'm keen to see our pace attack get stuck into it on a more pace friendly wicket. As for the batting i think it will only be a matter of time until its start to clicks, with bugs and craig in the mix as well this season it looks strong.
I think that second game was played at the PDV dome, which is generally seamer friendly, and I kept up with the pitch the whole game and it should have had good bounce - obviously the batsmen were just too used to facing Patrick in training over the past few weeks!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
It was too, my bad. Still my economy was good just couldn't get the break throughs (will blame it on the rain that has been in CW land lately :p)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Loony BoB said:
I think that second game was played at the PDV dome, which is generally seamer friendly, and I kept up with the pitch the whole game and it should have had good bounce - obviously the batsmen were just too used to facing Patrick in training over the past few weeks!
3 personal attacks in the last 3 threads ive read.

it cuts deep daniel, it really does...

Loony BoB

International Captain
So does your bowlnig whenever it gets me out. :( And hey, that's not fair, the post in this thread wasn't even an attack! ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
The following players have been offered to us - we can select two maximum.

Chris D. Hartley (LHB/WK)-29 FC Bat, 10 OD Bat, 45 Keeping Skill
JasonJ. Krezja (RHB/OS)- 18 FC Bat, 37 FC Bowl, 13 OD Bat, 34 OD Bowl
Ryan J. Harris (RHB/RM)- 8 FC Bat, 45 FC Bowl, 14 FC Bat, 35 FC Bowl
Shaun E. Marsh (LHB/SLA)- 29 FC Bat, 33 FC Bowl, 24 OD Bat, 35 OD Bowl
Steve J. Magoffin (LHB/RFM)- 14 FC Bat, 28 FC Bowl, 1 OD Bat, 35 OD Bowl
Scott W. Meuleman (RHB/LS)- 22 FC Bat, 49 FC Bowl, 37 OD Bat
Jack K. Smith (RHB)- 25 FC Bat, 20 OD Bat
Michael Klinger (RHB)- 27 FC Bat, 28 OD Bat
Ed J.M. Cowan (LHB)- 45 FC Bat, 45 OD Bat
Further stats available on Cricinfo (all are real players).

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Ed Cowan is a Champion, he is a MUST...

For the other i'd probably go with Magoffin...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Can I ask how these players are available as emergency replacements.

If they existed in the game, they'd have been snapped up as some would walk into any of the 4 line-ups.

Surely the idea of calling up a replacement is that he's not as good as those missing (or he'd otherwise be in the side anyway)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I echo the sentiments. Otherwise, I want my players injured and a team of world class replacements to take their places.

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Perhaps next season International Players could be available for CW teams in their off-seasons?