• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The Loony one preaches accurately.

My suggestions (team may contribute to discussion):

First 5D:

PE Young
RGEWS Cribb
AP Cloete
SE Fuller (C) - consistency with the captaincy
BJ Goff
LA Camps
D Jellett (wk)
TC Halsey
AAA Collins
NL Patrick
TJ Demeza

First OD:

AP Cloete
RGEWS Cribb
MW DeSilva
BJ Goff
SE Fuller (C)
A Crampton (wk)
BL Wilshere
MJC Currie
TC Halsey
AAA Collins
NL Patrick

Second 5D:

PE Young
RGEWS Cribb
MW DeSilva
BL Wilshere
SE Fuller (C)
D Jellett
A Crampton (wk)
MJC Currie
AAA Collins
MS Smith
TJ Demeza

Second OD:

RGEWS Cribb
PE Young
MW DeSilva
SE Fuller (C)
A Crampton
BL Wilshere
D Jellett (wk)
MJC Currie
MS Smith
NL Patrick
TJ Demeza

Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes? Offensive odours?
Sean as captain?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dinu23 said:
what about u Liam, only one game?
My thinking is that I'm playing a Test series next up, so the 5D game is the only one that will be truly beneficial to my preparation. It's better for others to get some practice time in.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My thinking is that I'm playing a Test series next up, so the 5D game is the only one that will be truly beneficial to my preparation. It's better for others to get some practice time in.
You aren't available...

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=716363&postcount=8

Unless I've misunderstood Jamee's question, the first two games are without the camp players, and the other two are with the Test players in WI?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks good. Hopefully a few of the seamers do well in the OD warm-ups so you can work out the final bowling spot.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
The teams look strong in all 4 matches.

Query: who will be opening the bowling with me in the 2nd 4day game?
Smith or Collins? or perhaps Sean?

As far as i'm aware, not including dinu, sean and liam as fast medium, Nath Patrick and I are our only 'fast' seam bowling options? True?

I'd, personally, like to see crampton sneak into the 4day team hey. I like his batting so much, he is a complete ***** to bowl to.

I also like Cribb opening in both forms of the game, man that guy has technique.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Travis_Teh said:
I'd, personally, like to see crampton sneak into the 4day team hey. I like his batting so much, he is a complete ***** to bowl to.
That'd be nice, I'd like to finally get some runs in the long form.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
The Baconator said:
That'd be nice, I'd like to finally get some runs in the long form.
You've made plenty of runs in the longer form in club cricket, mate.

You seem to take the ball a little better with the glvoes too.

Just my opinion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Travis_Teh said:
The teams look strong in all 4 matches.

Query: who will be opening the bowling with me in the 2nd 4day game?
Smith or Collins? or perhaps Sean?

As far as i'm aware, not including dinu, sean and liam as fast medium, Nath Patrick and I are our only 'fast' seam bowling options? True?
Fuller probably won't be taking the new ball often or at all while batting at four. At least, I'd prefer if he didn't. As captain, he has the final say though. Collins will more likely share the new ball with you when Patrick isn't about.

Adam is a tear-away quick in India.

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He's technically vice-captain, but he'll be doing a whole lot of leading this season, so I might as well give him some warmup time.
Oh that reminds me of something I was sposed to ask last season lol. :ph34r:

How did Sean come to being Vice Captain in his second season :huh: