• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Thanks for the run, I think I didn't let the opportunity go by by taking six wickets in one spell.

Had another two catches dropped off my bowling, and we also dropped a heap more. We need to improve our fielding.

Fitzsimmons, you attack our bowling, yet we make plenty of chances. If we can turn the chances into wickets at a greater rate, then the targets wouldn't be so high.

I'm not one to talk about batting, only scoring 1 run in 6 innings at number 11, but i'm not there to bat. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
dissapointment there boys! i thought the team looked so good as well dammit! great bowling trav, pure class.
im working hard in the nets, good to have a rest for a change, give a few other guys a go :) hopefully we (you :happy: ) can turn it around next game! good luck!!

dinu23

International Debutant
Jeese! what's happening guys! we seem to be loosing it. got to do something about this losing streak.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possible XI for the 5D v Red

SG Fitzsimmons
MW de Silva
A Cloete
RGEWS Cribb
PE Young
A Crampton +
LA Camps
SE Fuller
TC Halsey
AAA Collins
TJ Demeza

12th Man: R Harris

The pitch should seam, so Collins and Demeza will bowl front-line with Camps and Fuller backing up. Halsey provides variation. Not the strongest attack, but we've not many options.

dinu23

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
SG Fitzsimmons
MW de Silva
A Cloete
RGEWS Cribb
PE Young
A Crampton +
LA Camps
SE Fuller
TC Halsey
AAA Collins
TJ Demeza

12th Man: R Harris

The pitch should seam, so Collins and Demeza will bowl front-line with Camps and Fuller backing up. Halsey provides variation. Not the strongest attack, but we've not many options.
so far I haven't done too well at the openers spot. we need a good opening stand....so I don't know much about Cloetes abilities as an opener, but given his experience i think he will do better than me at the top of the order.

then again doing that will put some pressure on the middle order which is largely comprised of rookies.

what about Crampton..he's in good touch.

Mr Mxyzptlk

dinu23 said:
so far I haven't done too well at the openers spot. we need a good opening stand....so I don't know much about Cloetes abilities as an opener, but given his experience i think he will do better than me at the top of the order.

then again doing that will put some pressure on the middle order which is largely comprised of rookies.

what about Crampton..he's in good touch.
Yeh, I'm not liking our two best bats against the new ball. That said, Cloete is in at 3...

Crampton perhaps, but he's not played 5D recently and will be keeping wicket. I could give it a go actually.

dinu23

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yeh, I'm not liking our two best bats against the new ball. That said, Cloete is in at 3...

Crampton perhaps, but he's not played 5D recently and will be keeping wicket. I could give it a go actually.
It's ur call.

by the way, i can bowl u know if it's a seaming wicket. I may suck :p . But if wickets are hard to come by in the next game just give me the ball will ya :D

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I hope I take another good bag of wickets, that did a great deal for my confidence.

I may be young, but I aim high!

Lets play well and with some real aggression, and have fun too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
BlackCap_Fan said:
Request to be brought into the team and thrown in at number 6 to give stability to the failing lower order.
id like to back that request :) good luck mate.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Hmmm, I took a three wicket bag, i'm happy.

Only one wicket in the second innings though.

We need to really hold our catches people, so many more went down.
It's as if the ball is soap and not leather.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be willing to have a go towards the top of the order if the captain still feels there are problems there. I'm not happy with my recent batting in the lower order at all.

dinu23

International Debutant
Guys, I seriously think we have to do something different in the comming games. This just can't go on!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
dinu23 said:
Guys, I seriously think we have to do something different in the comming games. This just can't go on!

Like underarm the ball?
We drop too many catches, we get out in a stupid fashion, we bowl inconsistantly.....we just need to lift three or four notches.

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Yoohoo, hands up who's in crap form and has been an opener most of his career and also played at Test level in that position?

I really don't think this batting at 6 thing suits me but if the captain feels it's necessary then I'll endeavour to improve my thus far dire form.

Come on guys, need a result in our next match. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
Yoohoo, hands up who's in crap form and has been an opener most of his career and also played at Test level in that position?
Marcus Trescothick? AB de Villiers? Vusi Sibanda?

Mr Mxyzptlk

PY said:

I really don't think this batting at 6 thing suits me but if the captain feels it's necessary then I'll endeavour to improve my thus far dire form.

Come on guys, need a result in our next match. :)
In the last game we considered promoting you to open, but then figured we'd give you the gloves. We didn't want our wicketkeeper also facing the new ball.