• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

End of season awards

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hey, I dunno if this normally happens but I think itd be awesome to have these at the end of a season. Like naming the best pace bowler from a team, best fielder, etc. And also to have a "Season 7" team or something. What do you guys think, anything to add?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Official Awards

All Cricket Web bowlers will be competing this season for the following prestigious awards:

The LE Medal for the most 5D wickets.
The TC Medal for the most OD wickets.

For the batsmen:
The Don Bradman Medal for most 5D runs.
The David Hookes Medal for most OD runs.

The wicketkeepers:
The Andre Medal for most dismissals.

The most outstanding 25Smash player will receive the Blitz Challenge Trophy.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Can't see there'll be nominations seeing as it's a highest scorer thing so there'll only be one person!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha craig you wally...

bah, so its only how many wickets then, not averages or whatever? fair enough...

cant wait to see the CWXI team sent off, should be a ripper, some great new blood in this current dev season.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Nath - wickets is more fair then average, if someone takes 12 wickets @ 12.40 rather then someone who takes 75 wickets @ 29.00 i think i know who would be the better bowler.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Would've liked that last season.Would have been between toogood and me.He would have won though.

Loony BoB

International Captain
An All Rounder award would be nice, too, if we could figure a nice way to figure it out. Maybe take the batting average and subtract the bowling average, then the winner is the one with the highest number as a result?

EDIT: Of course, we'd need to make sure they'd bowled enough overs. Another way to do it would be 1 point per 50 runs / 3 wicket innings, 3 points per 100 runs / 5 wicket bag.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Use the lowest of Runs and Wickets*10 as an AR index.

Highest AR index wins. Call it the Flintoff medal.

N Pickup - Runs 57 Wickets 32 - AR Index = lowest of 57 and 320 = 57
P Young - Runs 219 Wickets 3 - AR Index = lowest of 219 and 30 = 30
L Camps - Runs 118 Wickets 5 - AR Index = lowest of 118 and 50 = 50

Loony BoB

International Captain
While an all rounder would have something like 150 runs, 10 wickets... meaning 100... good system. :) Dammit, now I want to find out who rates highest in current world cricket. :(

Don't name it after a current cricketer, though. Name it after someone like Pollock (Graham) or even better, good ol' luckyeddie, as judging by his CW A-Z profile he's the greatest we've seen. :)

EDIT: I just realised what the 'LE' in The LE Award probably stands for. :p There goes that idea.

Last edited: