• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I'm creating this thread so we can hav all our talks in a thread of our own and not so much in the public eye...

It's time we really got together as a team and really worked things out. Personally I'm not overly concerned about our results at the moment, we're not playing overly bad, but more the approach and attitudes of the players.

In a team environment if you feel that one person has done someting wrong for you then to fire up and get angry is you doing something wrong personally, and 2 wrongs don't make a right.

The best things for the reds to do would be to sit in here, talk our problems over with eachother and become a team again. Forget what other teams members have to say... they mean nothing to us!!!

So for all you reds with concerns talk them over in here we'll all give our opinions on them and hopefully we can get things back on track.

Last edited:

Slats4ever

I dunno about constantly chopping and changing the team around. I think players need to be able to find their feet in the side especially the young guys!!! A guy shouldn't be dropped if he fails twice or whatever yet given time to find his form!!!

I'd rather spend time on the bench for 5 games than for some young guy to be swapped week in week out to find an answer to our problems.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree, I think it is time for the Red's to get together as a team, and start thinking like a team and start playing like one.

Nobody likes losing, but if you lose in a positive way, as in the luck doesn't go your way, or there were things out of your control than you can take positives from a loss. However, if we have in-fighting and back-stabbing we will go nowhere.

We also need to stand behind our captain and I think that would be made easier if our captain discussed matters with senior players, and team members before important decisions are made.

I think the Reds probably have the most talented bunch of players in the domestic league, and we are only letting ourselves down, we can turn it around with team work and cohesion.

SupaFreak2005

Slats4ever said:
I dunno about constantly chopping and changing the team around. I think players need to be able to find their feet in the side especially the young guys!!! A guy shouldn't be dropped if he fails twice or whatever yet given time to find his form!!!

I'd rather spend time on the bench for 5 games than for some young guy to be swapped week in week out to find an answer to our problems.
I agree ..... I'll never be picked for 2 games in a row ........ i've been picked 3 times and dropped the following game each time!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
We also need to stand behind our captain and I think that would be made easier if our captain discussed matters with senior players, and team members before important decisions are made.

I do do this though.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Come on Reds. Our internal fighting has made us the laughing stock of the league this season, but if we all pull together, we can move on to great things in the development league in the future.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
I do do this though.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I consider myself a senior member of the Red's squad. I could be wrong?

I was never consulted on the Mr. P. decision.

Slats4ever

yeah i wasn't included until very late either mate. i think everyone should be questioned on it. we all stand by you but we want to be able to take part in the discussions of this team from the outset. I just heard that he was going in the forums... that's the first i'd read of it!!!

let this all just be a lesson to all of us. we've all probably learn something out've it now i think it's time to put it all behind us. before any major decisions are made... discuss them in a thread like this. it'll keep everyone happy.. and stand behind your leader we're not out've any of the comps yet

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There's only so many people I can talk to.

I think the feeling amongst the players has been expressed in the various threads, and I've tried to act on them.

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
Maybe we should have a new system, no offence to marc, you're a great captain but we need success dont we, so I would suggest giving the captaincy to someone who's been the best in the season so far and give him a one-game or two-game captaincy trial or something, the only way we can go forward is by making changes but marc i only think that this should happen on your approval

edit: marc btw im not against you being captain, i might get stick for this, i will still support your captaincy whether or not this goes on, i know where still in the tournament so we're not doing bad but mybe its morale

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
We're not a bad team and Marc's not a bad captain.
Things will sort themselves out(hopefully)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yousuf_Youhana said:
Maybe we should have a new system, no offence to marc, you're a great captain but we need success dont we, so I would suggest giving the captaincy to someone who's been the best in the season so far and give him a one-game or two-game captaincy trial or something, the only way we can go forward is by making changes but marc i only think that this should happen on your approval

edit: marc btw im not against you being captain, i might get stick for this, i will still support your captaincy whether or not this goes on, i know where still in the tournament so we're not doing bad but mybe its morale
Who do you suggest? Mr.Wright and Slats are the only contenders really.

Mr.Ponting has left the team in un-rest, Dave's too in-expierienced Vimesy's crap:P...

Andre

International Regular
Jamee999 said:
Who do you suggest? Mr.Wright and Slats are the only contenders really.

Mr.Ponting has left the team in un-rest, Dave's too in-expierienced Vimesy's crap:P...
Nose out, please...

Slats4ever

Yousuf was only trying to help bugs. what's wrong with people voicing there opinions in a team situation... it seems like things are all cruisy at the top but as soon as someone else says something then there's attack.

Yousuf mate I don't believe in a trial. either it happens or it doesn't!!!! two games wouldn't be near enough time for someone to get themeselves settled... but it was a good suggestion.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Jamee - Note the thread title you muppet (Feeling more English by the day)

If you chop and change captains all the time, how can you get any stability? think about it. So i'm not in favour of the idea as you can tell.

David

International 12th Man
Well, I think that this thread is a good idea, and am "reviving" it.

First off, I must say I'm going to become more active on the forums once more as you may have noticed, if you want me on your msn - sticksntwigs@hotmail.com

Secondly I must say I am behind Marc as our captain, and don't believe any restructuring is required in the leadership department.

Finally, to the most important part, and the main reason I'm posting here
Congrats to Dave on his 150th FC wicket, which he got some three(?) games ago I believe. And next match should see Mr Wright reach his 150th FC wicket as well, he is currently on 148 to the best of my knowledge. Great work on achieving these milestones! I haven't had a look at the batting milestones but might do sometime later.

Go the Mighty Red's!!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Thanks David Kennett, means alot to me coming from our top pacer in the team.

I Believe you passed the 150 mark a couple of games ago aswell, and big congrats about that, its good that our top 3 pacers all have 150 (or thereabouts) career wickets.

Good that your coming active again, one of the original CW XI members (if i remember correctly), will surely do the team well in helping out.

Slats4ever

yeah good to have u aboard mate and i reckon that if anything should ever arise in ur minds it shuld be raised in here. we're done well on the controversy fron tthings are really now under control!!!

Welcome to Jagaways to if he pops in here.

David

International 12th Man
Congrats to Mr Wright for his 150 FC wickets!!
Just the seventh CW player to do so (I think), behind Lucky Eddie, Neil Pickup, Tom Halsey, Master Blaster, Dave, and myself, and therefore the third CW red member! Keep up the good work!!

And Welcome Jagaways, I hope your time here is fruitful for yourself and the team.

Last edited: