• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not too pleased with the batting, but I felt my second innings bowling was very economical.

cricketboy29

International Regular
good stuff from my last match, methinks. 3 wicket haul in the first, 19 ball-30 and then a wicket in the second, and a DNB.

Things seem to be looking up a tad, the emergence of Raghav being a real plus point. The final cutting edge to our bowling attack?

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Thats really a great start to my carrer that I didnt expect. But still lot many matches to come by.. I would like to put on more brilliant performances to help the team in both formats of the game.

Good Luck Team.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Wellington vs Cricket Web Red
at Basin Reserve

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

A 61 from Stephen Fleming and a choke of a chase from Mørk and Dobson gave Wellington an 11-run win in the final match of the season, and a final admission from Mørk that "I'm not cut out for this lark." A highly experimental side nevertheless ran Wellington very close, largely thanks to a tidy bowling effort and, admittedly, the solid if ultimately unsuccessful 100-run partnership between Mørk and Dobson.

The seamers kept things tight in the opening overs, with Bell and Farlane totally unable to score, but Fleming was not hindered by such problems. He scurried nine boundaries and a further 25 runs in a 40-balls innings rarely seen in the Basin; it was by far the highlight of the day, as Amir, Raghav Thompson, Reddlapalli and Bennett were all treated with disdain. Poor calling from Jesse Ryder eventually undid him, as he fell a couple of yards short taking a single off Ryder's bat.

Dwyer and Ritchie kept the lid on Ryder with tidy off-spin, and at 168 for eight thinks looked very promising indeed as Stu Mills and Iain O'Brien were batting for Wellington. Their final hitting ultimately made the difference, though, as the lack of experienced death bowlers such as Watt and Clapham showed in the Red XI. The ninth-wicket stand yielded 75 in 11 overs, though it could have been over had Evan Watkin upheld the lbw appeal of Reddlapalli off the very first ball of O'Brien innings.

As it stood, Red had a slightly more challenging target. It got worse as both Sharma and Bennett threw away starts after getting well-wrapped peaches from Mark Gillespie; Dobson and Mørk had to rebuild, and did so well enough, before Jesse Ryder broke the partnership with wibbly-wobbly medium pace.

Despite tossing down a couple of wides, Ryder was largely successful in his first spell, though he did drop a return catch off Mørk when on 54. As it turned out, this was a gift to Wellington; Mørk spent the last 16 balls scratching around for 14 runs, as the required run rate ballooned up beyond seven-an-over. With Ritchie, Thompson, Dwyer and Raghav unable to hit the boundary, Wellington escaped from the clutches, despite lying behind the Red total from the 27th to the 48th over.

Wellington 243 for eight (50 overs)
SP Fleming 61, +SM Mills 47*, IE O'Brien 45* (35); CR Dwyer 1-23 (7), S Raghav 1-29 (8), ZR Ritchie 1-30 (9)

Cricket Web Red 232 for eight (50 overs)
H Mørk 68, GKK Dobson 67; JEC Franklin 3-44, JD Ryder 2-29 (8), MR Gillespie 2-41

Wellington won by 11 runs
Man of the Match: S. P. Fleming

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Ohhhhh brother, I am terribly out of form, at the start of my career... :(.

Need to start making runs..........................................................................

Anyways, well played Dobson and Mork.

Last edited:

Perm

Once again, pleased with the bowling but I really needed to stick around for a little while longer with the bat. Ian O'Brien's late charge really killed us.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Thought it was a decent outing with both bat and the ball, but could have played much better tho. Anyway Mørk is in red hot form. :thumbsup:

Johnners

chances on getting our pre-season stats when you get a chance cap'n ? :)

Or if all that is required is in the scorecards i can probably find some time tonight to do something up?