• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
:cool: looking good their Cap'n

Can't wait to tear into my Red teammates with the ball :p

To my understanding if I am right, tomorrow the matches start..

When will our captain release the full team lineup for these games.

When the final scoreboards will be displayed..

Where can we get it..

Please help. I am new to this game of cricket

Bobisback

International Regular
OK, last thing I do before going northward:

Fixtures for CW Red tour of the North Island

Sunday, April 1: Seddon Park, Hamilton, FC: Northern Districts v CW Red
Monday, April 2: Harry Barker Reserve, Gisborne, OD: Northern Districts v CW Red
Tuesday, April 3: McLean Park, Napier OD: Carmine vs Vermilion
Wednesday, April 4: McLean Park, Napier FC: Carmine vs Vermilion
Thursday, April 5: Basin Reserve FC: Wellington v CW Red
Saturday, April 7: Basin Reserve OD: Wellington v CW Red

The Carmine and Vermilion sides, basically an internal Red battle, will be strengthened by a few local players from Central Districts, such as Canada international Geoff Barnett.
Looks awesome, cant wait.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Northern Districts v Cricket Web Red
at Seddon Park

Scorecard
Commentary

A legendary knock from Rob Dauth, unfortunately without first-class status but still one of the finest from a CWLand player, ensured a creditable draw for Red in Seddon Park; however, Alun Evans and Peter McGlashan took some of the performance away as the final day's bowling was particularly weak.

After being put in to bat by stand-in captain Sean Bennett, Northern Districts were bowled out for 289 by a rampant Muhammad Amir, keen to show himself from his best side in front of the eyes of the Red selection panel. The ball that got James Marshall was an absolute peach; with five for 71, he emerged with very creditable figures, though the last two were cheap fare in Martin and Aldridge.

In reply, Red were 210 for four when Kenny Dobson finally gave a catch to the wicket-keeper on 82. Then began the demolition. Dauth went past 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350 and even 400 before Bennett thought of declaring; with the total on 737 for nine, there was little point in the minnow-bashing continuing. Jamee Gray, Sean Bennett and Muhammad Amir played able hands in support, but Dauth's knock stood in a league of its own. Daryl Tuffey had occasional threat, and bowled his heart out for 46 overs, but had little help from his fielders.

Thompson and Reddlapalli then removed the top order and the dangerous Marshall brothers, but an emigrated Welshman and a wicket-keeper still stood between Red and victory. They remained thus till the end of the game: Evans made 91, while McGlashan smashed boundaries at will. Amir's zip had gone with the clouds, as his twenty-three overs cost 100 and only yielded his bunny Bruce Martin (who admittedly is a better bat than Chris), while Bennett's leg spin was tight as usual, but only saw Evans out in the charge for victory. In fairness to the Red effort, as Dauth had shown earlier, the wicket had as much life as Hull on a Thursday afternoon.

Northern Districts 289 all out
JAH Marshall 72; MU Amir 5-71, CR Dwyer 2-75

Cricket Web Red 737 for nine declared
RJ Dauth 400*, GKK Dobson 82, JR Gray 60; DR Tuffey 3-155, BP Martin 3-160

Northern Districts 324 for seven
PD McGlashan 118*, AW Evans 91; CP Thompson 3-38

XI for tomorrow's OD match:

MD Luff
SA Bennett
DA Kearsley
RJ Dauth
MJ Robbins
+JR Gray
CR Dwyer
S Raghav
K Clapham
GN Nayak
DJ Watt

(Edited to include Raghav!)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I didn't intend to be, I just checked in and saw the scorecard. I could become active again if you guys want/need me to.
We could certainly use a good batsman, and the absence didn't last very long. ;)

Don't know if we're allowed to sign you at this point, actually. By becoming inactive, you left the team, and right now I guess Blue and Black could sign you. Unless you really want to be loyal to the Reds, of course. :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We could certainly use a good batsman, and the absence didn't last very long. ;)

Don't know if we're allowed to sign you at this point, actually. By becoming inactive, you left the team, and right now I guess Blue and Black could sign you. Unless you really want to be loyal to the Reds, of course. :)
Might want to look somewhere else if you are after a good batsman. I do feel a bit of loyalty to the Reds, so I'm not sure how that would work. How would I go about declaring my activity then?

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Northern Districts v Cricket Web Red
at Seddon Park

Scorecard
Commentary

A legendary knock from Rob Dauth, unfortunately without first-class status but still one of the finest from a CWLand player, ensured a creditable draw for Red in Seddon Park; however, Alun Evans and Peter McGlashan took some of the performance away as the final day's bowling was particularly weak.

After being put in to bat by stand-in captain Sean Bennett, Northern Districts were bowled out for 289 by a rampant Muhammad Amir, keen to show himself from his best side in front of the eyes of the Red selection panel. The ball that got James Marshall was an absolute peach; with five for 71, he emerged with very creditable figures, though the last two were cheap fare in Martin and Aldridge.

In reply, Red were 210 for four when Kenny Dobson finally gave a catch to the wicket-keeper on 82. Then began the demolition. Dauth went past 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350 and even 400 before Bennett thought of declaring; with the total on 737 for nine, there was little point in the minnow-bashing continuing. Jamee Gray, Sean Bennett and Muhammad Amir played able hands in support, but Dauth's knock stood in a league of its own. Daryl Tuffey had occasional threat, and bowled his heart out for 46 overs, but had little help from his fielders.

Thompson and Reddlapalli then removed the top order and the dangerous Marshall brothers, but an emigrated Welshman and a wicket-keeper still stood between Red and victory. They remained thus till the end of the game: Evans made 91, while McGlashan smashed boundaries at will. Amir's zip had gone with the clouds, as his twenty-three overs cost 100 and only yielded his bunny Bruce Martin (who admittedly is a better bat than Chris), while Bennett's leg spin was tight as usual, but only saw Evans out in the charge for victory. In fairness to the Red effort, as Dauth had shown earlier, the wicket had as much life as Hull on a Thursday afternoon.

Northern Districts 289 all out
JAH Marshall 72; MU Amir 5-71, CR Dwyer 2-75

Cricket Web Red 737 for nine declared
RJ Dauth 400*, GKK Dobson 82, JR Gray 60; DR Tuffey 3-155, BP Martin 3-160

Northern Districts 324 for seven
PD McGlashan 118*, AW Evans 91; CP Thompson 3-38

XI for tomorrow's OD match:

MD Luff
SA Bennett
DA Kearsley
RJ Dauth
MJ Robbins
+JR Gray
CR Dwyer
S Raghav
K Clapham
GN Nayak
DJ Watt

(Edited to include Raghav!)
It's a good Performance from R.J. Dauth.. Congraters for helping RED to post a huge score...And Amir also performed well with a 5 w bag,.. Congrates to him..

All the best for RED in the next game to!

Thanks to Samuels for including me in the next match!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
*Dances a merry jig*

Not bad seeing as how it was an absolute flat track.

Well done by Dauth!!