• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Chris Dwyer

Ended with the fifth-highest first-class average of the season thanks to some blistering fifties; also provided occasionally useful offies, particularly in one-day cricket. Will be asked to stand up even more with the bat after the losses of Mamesh, Markus and Ritchie. May also provide keen insight on the workings at Black.
:laugh:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With that out of the way, I'm going to steal a leaf from Camps' book and suggest a preseason tour. Not quite sure of the destination yet, we haven't got huge amounts of money to spend on flight tickets and in any case there's that costs massively in greenhouse gases to worry about.

As far as "interesting" destinations go, that IMO leaves New Zealand, given that people have been playing in Australia this season and anyway we've just had the Top End Series so we can't play there.

Open to suggestions, however.
New Zealand or Hong Kong imo, preferably New Zealand.

Johnners

Kingsley Clapham

A positive light in one-day cricket last season, and will probably be given more chances as third seamer. It should be noted that this position is expected to see much variation throughout the season unless someone really puts their hand up. A key one-day seamer, however, with both Kennett and Watt occasionally struggling with accuracy.
:cool: Name Edited

Hope i can make the most of those extra chances :cool:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Kennett has got alot of work to do if he wants to retain his FCWSTVWA (First Class Wicket Season Tally vs Watt Award).

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Muhammad Amir

Quick bowler who will pressure the more experienced seamers such as Nayak, Thompson, Reddlapalli and Clapham for a place in the squad. Proved his worth with 69 wickets for Indiana in the American four-day league, second only to Josh Forner in that division, while the one-day bowling was slightly more erratic. Not expected to bat above Kennett.
Gah, that'll change soon enough.

Anyway, New Zealand sounds good for a pre-season tour. I've always wanted to visit.

Johnners

So..... any final decision as to where we'll be holidaying... err... i mean, having our pre-season warm-up :p

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hak, when you sort the stats out and the pre-season tour, could you try and grab me on MSN, ill look out for you online, but if i forget give me a yell....

Cheers

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Welcome to Raghav, our newest rookie acquisition.

I know there's a lot of seamers in the squad already, but Green signed one spinner and I couldn't get in touch with the others. You'll just have to make do with a lot of squad rotation. (Or learn to bat.)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Welcome to Raghav, our newest rookie acquisition.

I know there's a lot of seamers in the squad already, but Green signed one spinner and I couldn't get in touch with the others. You'll just have to make do with a lot of squad rotation. (Or learn to bat.)
Hi Samuel...

Very glad to be a part of this RED Team.....I am very much confident that I can contribute to the team on given a chance.

Hope the RED side do well this season.

All the Best RED! Love u

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK, last thing I do before going northward:

Fixtures for CW Red tour of the North Island

Sunday, April 1: Seddon Park, Hamilton, FC: Northern Districts v CW Red
Monday, April 2: Harry Barker Reserve, Gisborne, OD: Northern Districts v CW Red
Tuesday, April 3: McLean Park, Napier OD: Carmine vs Vermilion
Wednesday, April 4: McLean Park, Napier FC: Carmine vs Vermilion
Thursday, April 5: Basin Reserve FC: Wellington v CW Red
Saturday, April 7: Basin Reserve OD: Wellington v CW Red

The Carmine and Vermilion sides, basically an internal Red battle, will be strengthened by a few local players from Central Districts, such as Canada international Geoff Barnett.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Welcome Raghav, hope you have a good career, but not at my expense tho :p
Thanks...Oh! ok...you are the senior cricketer..I should respect you but still in a game of cricket better cricketer should not be at loss..he should be given a chance.

Johnners

OK, last thing I do before going northward:

Fixtures for CW Red tour of the North Island

Sunday, April 1: Seddon Park, Hamilton, FC: Northern Districts v CW Red
Monday, April 2: Harry Barker Reserve, Gisborne, OD: Northern Districts v CW Red
Tuesday, April 3: McLean Park, Napier OD: Carmine vs Vermilion
Wednesday, April 4: McLean Park, Napier FC: Carmine vs Vermilion
Thursday, April 5: Basin Reserve FC: Wellington v CW Red
Saturday, April 7: Basin Reserve OD: Wellington v CW Red

The Carmine and Vermilion sides, basically an internal Red battle, will be strengthened by a few local players from Central Districts, such as Canada international Geoff Barnett.
:cool: looking good their Cap'n

Can't wait to tear into my Red teammates with the ball :p