• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Nicely said Thamba. I appreciate your kind words to me, that was lovely of you. Best of luck at Blue.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
After a couple of minutes of contemplation I've decided to make a career defining move and jump ship to join the boys at CW Black.

The major reason behind my decision is that I believe I'm currently at a point in my career where I need to change the scenary to reach my full potential. I have strong ambitions of playing CW XI test cricket and I feel at black, being able to learn off players like Andrew Cloete may well be what I need to fully develop my game.

I leave behind a few close pals at CW Red and hopefully they don't persecute me for this decision. I've enjoyed my moments with Rob Dauth, he's a great guy.

Best of luck in the future and I look forward to seeing you all on the field

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Sad day for Red with 2 batting stalwarts departing. Best of luck Markus... shame to see you go

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Alright this is getting really really bad, quite ridiculous. Nothing against the people that have left, but it has left our team with HUGE shoes to fill. Definatly need a contract system in place for the up-coming season.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow. Massive shock there, an even bigger loss than Thamba. Absolutely gutted to see you go Ian, but like with Thamba, no hard feelings, you're a top bloke, and you've been the best domestic OD batsman for the past few seasons now. Good luck at Black, except against us of course ;)

Alright guys.. can we officially declare 'crisis mode'? Losing players left, right and centre. But don't worry guys - this'll give some younger guys the chance to step up and I'm sure everyone will be up the challenge.

Matteh

kears_falcon_9 said:
Alright this is getting really really bad, quite ridiculous. Nothing against the people that have left, but it has left our team with HUGE shoes to fill. Definatly need a contract system in place for the up-coming season.
Departure of Fitzsimmons/Wilson/Butler from Black has basically seen an unprecedented knock-on effect.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
If I were to change clubs I'd want it to be to Reds but you're going to have to wait at least one more season.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Alright guys.. can we officially declare 'crisis mode'? Losing players left, right and centre. But don't worry guys - this'll give some younger guys the chance to step up and I'm sure everyone will be up the challenge.
Yep. We're dead. Last place next season.

Johnners

nah no chance, tipping 3rd at least. Think positive, our bowling attack will carry us through the season :D