• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good to see some activity throughout the thread lately. Do we know for sure that Dave wont be skipper next season? If so i think we should move onto a voting type system or somethnig of the likes to decide the Captain and his team of Deputys and Selection Members.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Award votes sent.

Unless Watt returns to resume his role as captain any 1 of Bennett, Dauth, Kennett, Markus or Moerk could take the position imo.

David

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
I think we should wait with deposing the captain until after the offseason. Things may change. :ph34r:
True. Nothing would please me more to see Watt retain the captaincy. I spose we'll have to wait and see.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kears_falcon_9 said:
Good to see some activity throughout the thread lately. Do we know for sure that Dave wont be skipper next season? If so i think we should move onto a voting type system or somethnig of the likes to decide the Captain and his team of Deputys and Selection Members.
If there's any change, it'll come from Dave, and I imagine the management committee will be the one's who appoint.

IIRC last time, the next captain was nominated by the retiring one.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
If there's any change, it'll come from Dave, and I imagine the management committee will be the one's who appoint.

IIRC last time, the next captain was nominated by the retiring one.
Pretty sure you consulted the rest of the board about it first. You definitely asked me if I had any objections to Dave. It wasn't a totally "I'm giving up. Dave's taking over. If you don't like it, tough ****" kind of thing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
Good to hear. Though Marc, I daresay, if the committee elects the captain, then who elects the committee?
The committee were initially invited so that it wasn't just one person making all the decisions - at the time the longest standing team players were invited.

Then every other team started to introduce the same structure (they all follow the red model it seems!)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Evening gents.

Committee, I'll be sending out an e-mail re: a few things in the next day or so - just trying to get another email address from the ISP, free-accounts got spammed ect. Look forward to talking soon.