• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Why was Ping listed at 7, btw? Surely our tail isn't that long. (Not that we ever need anyone a #7 with Stedman and Markus :laugh:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
steds said:
Why was Ping listed at 7, btw? Surely our tail isn't that long. (Not that we ever need anyone a #7 with Stedman and Markus :laugh:)
Is that a "not even God could sink this ship" comment?

cricketboy29

International Regular
steds said:
I'd be careful there, steds, you dont want to bring down the Irony Gods down on your butt.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
new_age_ar said:
Is there any chance i can play a similar role when Sean, Rob and Marc comeback, i.e bat at 7 and play the Wilshere/Hussey role.
That will all depend on how the side shapes up and who's selected.

David

International 12th Man
steds said:
I hope you're not implying that I can't bat! :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
I love how you put Gray as a One Day Wonder, yet didn't mention Feeney. OD games Feeney has played this season (up to the 25th of March): 9. Gray: 4. Feeney's scored alot more runs, too. (And it's not only because he's played more games) :laugh:

Let's face it, if Gray is a one day wonder, then Beamer Smith is literate.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Let's face it, if Gray is a one day wonder, then Beamer Smith is literate.
When you're nominated for OD MVP, I'll accept that you're qualified to make that call.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Maybe because of the fact that when you can excel at ODs then it is justifiable for you to actually comment on someone elses one day record.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
cricketboy29 said:
Maybe because of the fact that when you can excel at ODs then it is justifiable for you to actually comment on someone elses one day record.
Not really, many commentators, analysts, etc. are terrible at cricket, yet offer better opinions than others who are good cricket players.