• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

cricketboy29

International Regular
Brilllant comeback against the greens guys, i thought we were down and out at 85. But somehow we nearly pulled it off. Good stuff.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nice comeback, but we should have got the points. Pretty average bowling by me, i guess its back to grade cricket.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yep, well done Dave - you'll look upon it fondly when you've forgotten the result ;)

Another big milestone coming up: H Mørk 9,978 first class runs :cool:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nice bounce back win there boys, shame Fatty's off, but we get 3 back in exchange for him so the food bill will remain constant.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
David said:
Congrats to our Captain on passing the 500 FC wickets mark!
Cheers Deeks, and co. But watch out mate, I'm still catching ;)

marc71178 said:
Nice bounce back win there boys, shame Fatty's off, but we get 3 back in exchange for him so the food bill will remain constant.
Yeah good effort put in there, special congrats to the batsmen for:

Code:
XPA Rose           10        0         82        0
TV Weber           7         0         61        0
I wouldn't mind a wicket this season, mind. Anyone wanna swap?

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Nice win there, great way to get back on the winners list after a couple bad losses. It going to be pretty had to make up for the loss of Ian to the ODI, he pretty much won two OD games for us. But hopefully me or Sean, most likely Sean can filled the void at the top of the order.

Very much looking forward to my FC debut for the Reds and apparently my FC debut with the gloves, i guess me and Hakon are sharing th gloves. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
new_age_ar said:
Very much looking forward to my FC debut for the Reds and apparently my FC debut with the gloves, i guess me and Hakon are sharing th gloves. :)
Yes, one each.

The way Dave's been bowling we need 2 keepers to cover both sides of the wicket!

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Pretty big win there for the Reds aganist Blue, with most of the team contributing. Nice to see me and Hakon are continuing our solid start to our partnership at the top of the order. A good 50 run stand to get us off to a good start :D. Now all i have to do is try and get the gloves of him when its my turn to keep. :@

cricketboy29

International Regular
tough luck on the last match, guys usually when a team scores above 300, its usually safe, but not here no target is safe. And whoever has fired for the team is just keeping on firing, arent they?. Dauth, Jasotharan.Cloete.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
cricketboy29 said:
tough luck on the last match, guys usually when a team scores above 300, its usually safe, but not here no target is safe. And whoever has fired for the team is just keeping on firing, arent they?. Dauth, Jasotharan.Cloete.
300 is usually a safe target yes. Anyone remember the 1D final a few years back?

Code:
CRICKET WEB RED      368/3     50.0 overs
CW BLACK             372/3     47.5 overs

CW Black won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: C Buts
Ironically this match:
Code:
DM Kennett         6         0         61        1
And the 1D Final of Season 7:
Code:
David Kennett         5.0      0      51      0     10.20
Thats our problem IMO. Pingy, back to grade cricket.

David

International 12th Man
AUST_HiTMaN said:
300 is usually a safe target yes. Anyone remember the 1D final a few years back?

Code:
CRICKET WEB RED      368/3     50.0 overs
CW BLACK             372/3     47.5 overs

CW Black won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: C Buts
Ironically this match:
Code:
DM Kennett         6         0         61        1
And the 1D Final of Season 7:
Code:
David Kennett         5.0      0      51      0     10.20
Thats our problem IMO. Pingy, back to grade cricket.

Aye.