• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Well, as it turns out, I'm in CW Red.. :cool:
*Dean Martin voice* Welcome to the summit, pally */Dean Martin voice*

It's a pleasure to have such an amazing batsman join us :p

Hoggy31

International Captain
Next match is a practice match but the line-up's already finalised, But the season starts on monday.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Which is a five day match? The practice match or the season opener?

*anxious about his looming debut*

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Which is a five day match? The practice match or the season opener?

*anxious about his looming debut*
The practise match is OD

Season opener is five Day

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Any idea when I can expect to make my debut? (I probably sound as though I am being impatient, But i'm just naturally curious)

And how are we looking for the title this year? :cool: :w00t:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Any idea when I can expect to make my debut? (I probably sound as though I am being impatient, But i'm just naturally curious)
With half the normal side away on international side...Monday, most likely.

And how are we looking for the title this year? :cool: :w00t:
Think we've got a decent chance in OD, good bowling attack, good batsmen. FC it's looking a bit weak, but if we all pull together, could get to a final at least.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
I put my average as 51 and my strikerate as 63.. will that mean I suck at FC, and am good at OD?
Considering the strike-rates of some of the players, I'd say you'd fit right in. We'll see, though.

Hoggy31 said:
Which players for CW Red play international?
Marc J Robbins (marc71178), Ian Markus (slats4ever), Zaid Ghansar (zghansar) and Dave J Watt (AUST_HITMAN) are selected for the VB Series. Others may be selected for Tests - Kyle S Wright (Mister Wright) is probably a given at least, I hope to get a look in, and David Kennett is also in with a good shot.

May I take this opportunity to urge all Reds players to support the CW International XI as well in the VB series thread (whenever the series starts)

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Others may be selected for Tests - Kyle S Wright (Mister Wright) is probably a given at least, I hope to get a look in.
I personally don't think you need to hope.
I've placed a bet on you playing the next test ;) (they don't call me "Gleeson" for nothing :p )

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That'd be confidential. ;)

However, look at the squad, then subtract the internationals and the tripe bowlers, and I think you'd end up with eleven men. ;)