• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
KennyD failing
the simple art of counting
five, seven and five.
Towns you loser

A Haiku is not properly recreated in english, thus I feel no need to follow your 5, 7, 5.

Translated in Japanese, my poem followed perfect haiku format, however, due to forum rules, I made an accurate translation into english.

However, just for you

Townsy is failing
To know when to shut his gob
Go collate some stats

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wow, didn't see that coming. Someone makes a stats joke and marc comes in behind congratulating them. Blindsided! ;) Dauth gets points for coming up with something different to the norm. :D I think he's generally better at this stuff than some others, possibly down to experience, but I think he's always kept it original.

EDIT: Saving you guys the trouble here...
Person 1: "Towns, what are you doing in this thread!"
Person 2: "Go write some poetry!"
Person 3: "Collate stats!"
Person 4 (possibly the same as person 1): quoting person 2 or 3 "HA! BRILLIANT!"

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
cricketboy29 said:
would that be 5, 7 and 5 syllables? or what?
Yeah, a haiku is a poem that consists of three lines, the first being five syllables, the next seven, and the last five.

David

International 12th Man
Haiku (俳句)is a mode of Japanese poetry, a late 19th century revision by Masaoka Shiki of the older hokku (発句), the opening verse of a linked verse form, haikai no renga . A traditional hokku consists of a pattern of approximately 5, 7, and 5 morae, phonetic units which only partially correspond to the syllables of languages such as English. It also contains a special season word (the kigo) descriptive of the season in which the renga is set. Hokku often combine two (or rarely, three) different elements into a unified sensory impression, with a major grammatical break (kire) usually at the end of either the first five or second seven morae. These elements of the older hokku are considered by many to be essential to haiku as well, although not always included by modern writers of Japanese "free-form haiku" and of non-Japanese haiku. Senryu is a similar poetry form that emphasizes humor instead of seasons.

Stolen from Wikipedia

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Two big wins there for the Reds :D and Nayak and Ed both contributed pretty well, so it looks like i might be spending a lot of time at the Jets. :(