• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
C'mon guys, we're not that active this season :-O

Personally, I think it might be down to the fact that we no longer need to report finding Andy naked in the showers, lockers, etc

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Personally, I think it might be down to the fact that we no longer need to report finding Andy naked in the showers
Where I come from, being naked in the shower is pretty normal.

....unless you aren't actually having a shower. :blink:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well look, generally showering involves running water, not a sleeping bag and some flat cardboard boxes..

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look, if you guys really want, I guess I can come over into your dressing room after beating you guys and shower naked

David

International 12th Man
A tad disappointing, but we'll get it right next season.

I think our activity has been taken off the forums and more onto msn messenger, where the Reds seem to be more active than ever.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think other teams have started doing this, maybe we could have a newsletter every week or so just so everyone is aware of what's going on, and just to make things a bit more interesting?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Reds search new committee member

After a long period of time serving the Reds as a member of the committee, Ian Markus has stepped down owing to other pressures.

His replacement is yet to be named, as the remaining members debate who to approach.

In other news, Marc Robbins has resigned the captaincy, to be replaced by Dave Watt with immediate effect.

It is thought that Robbins will remain on the committee.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks to Ian Markus for his stirling work on the comittee and Marc Robbins for being a brilliant captain whose presence will be sorely missed.

Congratulations to Dave Watt, who's the right man for the job and will make a fine captain.

The king is dead, long live the king!

cricketboy29

International Regular
steds said:
Thanks to Ian Markus for his stirling work on the comittee and Marc Robbins for being a brilliant captain whose presence will be sorely missed.

Congratulations to Dave Watt, who's the right man for the job and will make a fine captain.

The king is dead, long live the king!
I couldnt have said it better, steds

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, a bit sad to see Marc step down but, it's also good to see Dave be made captain.

As for the new committee member, wouldn't David (Kennett) be the obvious choice?

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Thanks lads.

Firstly, thanks to Ian for his help over the past seasons on the Selection Committee.

Marc - Very surprised at the decision mate - but a hearty congrats for the work you put in as the inaugural skipper - big shoes to fill, but I'm confident that we can take the step up and secure our first set of silverware this coming season. However it's not the time to harp on about the team - we've got an off season to enjoy!

Cheers

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
OMG a fast bowler captaining a side, this could be interesting. :p Nah just joking Dave im sure you will do a great job. :D