Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 242 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Red Thread

mine have been sent

have you recieved mate
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Breakout Champion!
    sent mine

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    The Reds celebrate the season, despite the rather disappointing end with the awards dinner immediately after the Final:

Everybody showed up, and Captain marc71178 ensured the bar was free all night.

Voting had been ongoing in 6 award categories over the past weeks, but there are a total of 11 awards handed out:

First the ones that were voted on:

5 day batsman of the season was a landslide - popular opening batsman, wicketkeeper, boring player and Norwegian walking away with the prize.
    5 day bowler of the season was much tighter, but David Kennett just pipped
    Dave to it.

And the first captains award, for 5 day player of the season goes to Vimes for a superb all-round season which saw him very unlucky not to graduate to full International honours.

Onto One Day, and the voting was again pretty obvious, Bugs and A Massive Zebra running away with the awards.

However neither of them secured the One Day Player of the Season, as Zaid Ghansar's awesome all-round form saw him given the prize.

For 25Smash, just the 2 awards were made, both the voted ones, and both were also landslides - Ian Markus and Mr Wright earning just about every vote possible.

Finally we have the skippers choices.

Firstly Rookie of the year goes to a player who has come in and made the spinners role his own in 5 day Cricket. He's been a passionate supporter of the team, even when not selected, and fully deserves this honour. Step forward Steds.

The penultimate award of the night is for the all-round Cricketer of the year. This was actually quite a straight forward choice for me, the player in question has starred with bat, ball and armband. Well done to Ian Markus for a superb season.

The final award of the evening is a very special award. This man has done more for Reds Cricket than any other this season - an unsung hero of the team, he has been a godsend to just about every captain we've used, with his selection ideas, a true supporter of the cause, who has offered to step down on numerous occasions. I'm referring of course to Dave - outstanding contributor to Reds Cricket.

Well done to all, a pity about that curator - who I am reliably informed is currently being chased around the city by a few angry bowlers...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    I suppose it'd only be right that I said a few words after my award.

Firstly and most importantly I'd like to thank our captain Marc, for his tireless efforts. Little do some of you know but the captains of the other dev sides very rarely make team changes and just let it be and take little interest. During this season I found out that our skipper looks at his team week in week out and is constantly making well thought out changes, and we are all very important to him. Thanks for all your work this season, and I can no doubt speak on behalf of all the players to say we will be back next year.

Secondly I'd like to thank the CW board for simming match after match and keeping us all so entertained throughout, quite obviously if it weren't for you there's no way we'd all have as much fun coming on the net as we do everytime. You guys really are self giving people and we all thank you for it.

Finally thank you to you, reds players. Without you guys this would be no fun. Banding with you on the net and on the forums is almost like banding with brothers. We had problems thrown in our face this year as a team and it was to our credit that was overcame them and played brilliant cricket. It is this brotherhood and this togetherness that seperates us from all the other teams. I don't see the same pride and passion under any other cap. Post after post we back eachother up which is just fantastic. We have guys like Dave, Steds and Mister W, who receive no formal acknowledgemment for the work that they do, yet they continue to come up with great ideas each week.

We are a brilliant team guys, and we know how good we are. The individual talent in this side is amazing, and I believe it is this that we thrive on. Getting so close in the OD final yet falling over is nothing to be ashamed of. The commitment shown by all throughout the season in all forms of the game, is something that I will never forget.

In my real life as a person, outside CW, I know it might sound sad, but I have a special spot for the Reds. If any of you were around I would not hesitate to go buy you a beer in real life, simply because you are who u are. So if you're ever coming to sydney let me know.

You are all my friends and let's go party.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

International Debutant AUST_HiTMaN's Avatar
    First off I'd like to congratulate all players who won awards, all were well deserved and voted by your peers.

Secondly, 3 cheers for Marc, despite him being in the centre of nearly all off field controversies, his captaining wwas superb throughout the season. Congrats also to all the stand in captains and vice captains, all did a great job and played a big part in the team.

We might not of had the ideal season, with alot of up and down performances, but we can pull alot of positives from the season, and thats the thing we should be focussing on over the off season.

Great stuff guys, lets just look forward to the Smash playoff's and then I'll shout everyone from Reds a free drink and meal at the CW Bar.

Congrats again to all.
    eep.

I'd rather not have the food thanks Dave - Chef de Groot's back!

International Debutant AUST_HiTMaN's Avatar
    In that case, BBQ at clubrooms is on the cards!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Congratulations to all fellow award winners and all Red's members. It was a great night, and a great way to end the season (Although I fell asleep during Ian's long speech).

May we improve on our performance next season and everyone have a rewarding and hard-earned break in the off-season.

Cheers,

Kyle.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I'd rather not have the food thanks Dave - Chef de Groot's back!
    Why? Who's Chef de Groot???

THe chef at the bar?!

Breakout Champion!
    that bad, eh?

Read the Bar thread from start to finish - you'd find out how bad he is!

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Read the Bar thread from start to finish
    I've got better things to do than that.

Oh wait, no I haven't

I read lots of threads from start to finish :P
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

School Boy/Girl Captain
    thanks a lot for ur votes for me, im extremely delighted to be of such use to the team, lets hope next season on we have a better performance to show for on the trophies list... thanks again
    Cricket Web RED team member

Season 7 ODI Most Valuable Player

Page 3 of 242 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information