• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
David said:
Congrats to Mr Wright for his 150 FC wickets!!
Just the seventh CW player to do so (I think), behind Lucky Eddie, Neil Pickup, Tom Halsey, Master Blaster, Dave, and myself, and therefore the third CW red member! Keep up the good work!!

And Welcome Jagaways, I hope your time here is fruitful for yourself and the team.
Yeah big congrats to Kyle for that effort, special thing to bring up the 150.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David said:
Congrats to Mr Wright for his 150 FC wickets!!
Just the seventh CW player to do so (I think), behind Lucky Eddie, Neil Pickup, Tom Halsey, Master Blaster, Dave, and myself, and therefore the third CW red member! Keep up the good work!!

And Welcome Jagaways, I hope your time here is fruitful for yourself and the team.
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Yeah big congrats to Kyle for that effort, special thing to bring up the 150.
Cheers, fellas. It was a nice demon to get off my back, now that all that is over, hopefully I can concentrate on performing consistently and keeping my test spot. I have enjoyed sharing the ball with you guys and look forward to continuing our combination for the rest of this season, and hopefully many more.

Mister Wright

marc71178 said:
That's taking the team spirit a bit too far, and is somewhat alarming! ;)
Depends if they are the sanctioned CWBCC posters, or those ones I did for Playgirl in the offseason. :-O

David

International 12th Man
Just so you all know, I won't have access to the internet for a week from wednesday.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Just saw Loony Bobs idea and decided it would be good to analyse our teams performances.

Code:
Batting

Name		Pre Season	This Season	Difference
Samuel Vimes	32.07		36.85		+4.78
Nibblet		22.36		25.67		+3.31
Jagaways	32.92		35.77		+2.85
Ian Markus	31.85		34.37		+2.52
Marc71178	31.65		33.38		+1.73
AMZ		5.29		6.75		+1.46
Deeps		30.86		28.93		-1.93
Mister Wright	8.62		6.48		-2.14
Supah Freak	17.80		13.67		-4.13
Dave		14.15		9.59		-4.56
Imran Khan Jr	25.87		19.76		-6.11
David Kennett	10.49		2.31		-8.18
Amit Mookerjee	23.00		13.80		-9.20
Bugssy		35.33		26.03		-9.30
Andre		32.82		22.76		-10.06
Pratyush	22.19		9.86		-12.33
Zaid Ghansar	46.00		30.48		-15.52
Gibbs n Smith	42.89		24.32		-18.57
Steds		32.00		11.08		-20.92
Big movers there are Samuel Vimes, Marc, Markus and Jagaways. All have performed consistantly well this season, big congrats to them guys. Dunno whats happened to Gibbs N Smith! Such a big drop is dissapointing.

Code:
Bowling

Name		Pre Season	This Season	Difference
Marc71178	38.79		29.13		-9.66
David Kennett	31.66		22.45		-9.21
Supah Freak	28.63		25.00		-3.63
Imran Khan Jr	35.03		31.65		-3.38
Andre		32.80		30.00		-2.80
Dave		27.36		25.82		-1.54
Ian Markus	27.43		26.36		-1.07
Mr Wright	33.85		33.74		-0.11
Steds		26.75		27.33		+0.58
Bugssy		35.09		56.80		+21.71
Zaid Ghansar	31.52		53.83		+22.31
Pratyush	30.28		54.38		+24.10
AMZ		27.09		52.80		+25.71
By far our best bowler has been David Kennett, and he has improved his average by a huge 9.21. Great job. Also congrats to Marc again, for his part timers, and Supah Freak, who has been important to us while we have struggled in the bowling department.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
yeah these really show some interesting things and that a side with such good names have struggled

David

International 12th Man
Damn hotmail account sent the emails to junkmail..

Got them in time though, to reply shortly.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Reds celebrate the season, despite the rather disappointing end with the awards dinner immediately after the Final:

Everybody showed up, and Captain marc71178 ensured the bar was free all night.

Voting had been ongoing in 6 award categories over the past weeks, but there are a total of 11 awards handed out:

First the ones that were voted on:

5 day batsman of the season was a landslide - popular opening batsman, wicketkeeper, boring player and Norwegian walking away with the prize.
5 day bowler of the season was much tighter, but David Kennett just pipped
Dave to it.

And the first captains award, for 5 day player of the season goes to Vimes for a superb all-round season which saw him very unlucky not to graduate to full International honours.

Onto One Day, and the voting was again pretty obvious, Bugs and A Massive Zebra running away with the awards.

However neither of them secured the One Day Player of the Season, as Zaid Ghansar's awesome all-round form saw him given the prize.

For 25Smash, just the 2 awards were made, both the voted ones, and both were also landslides - Ian Markus and Mr Wright earning just about every vote possible.

Finally we have the skippers choices.

Firstly Rookie of the year goes to a player who has come in and made the spinners role his own in 5 day Cricket. He's been a passionate supporter of the team, even when not selected, and fully deserves this honour. Step forward Steds.

The penultimate award of the night is for the all-round Cricketer of the year. This was actually quite a straight forward choice for me, the player in question has starred with bat, ball and armband. Well done to Ian Markus for a superb season.

The final award of the evening is a very special award. This man has done more for Reds Cricket than any other this season - an unsung hero of the team, he has been a godsend to just about every captain we've used, with his selection ideas, a true supporter of the cause, who has offered to step down on numerous occasions. I'm referring of course to Dave - outstanding contributor to Reds Cricket.

Well done to all, a pity about that curator - who I am reliably informed is currently being chased around the city by a few angry bowlers...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I suppose it'd only be right that I said a few words after my award.

Firstly and most importantly I'd like to thank our captain Marc, for his tireless efforts. Little do some of you know but the captains of the other dev sides very rarely make team changes and just let it be and take little interest. During this season I found out that our skipper looks at his team week in week out and is constantly making well thought out changes, and we are all very important to him. Thanks for all your work this season, and I can no doubt speak on behalf of all the players to say we will be back next year.

Secondly I'd like to thank the CW board for simming match after match and keeping us all so entertained throughout, quite obviously if it weren't for you there's no way we'd all have as much fun coming on the net as we do everytime. You guys really are self giving people and we all thank you for it.

Finally thank you to you, reds players. Without you guys this would be no fun. Banding with you on the net and on the forums is almost like banding with brothers. We had problems thrown in our face this year as a team and it was to our credit that was overcame them and played brilliant cricket. It is this brotherhood and this togetherness that seperates us from all the other teams. I don't see the same pride and passion under any other cap. Post after post we back eachother up which is just fantastic. We have guys like Dave, Steds and Mister W, who receive no formal acknowledgemment for the work that they do, yet they continue to come up with great ideas each week.

We are a brilliant team guys, and we know how good we are. The individual talent in this side is amazing, and I believe it is this that we thrive on. Getting so close in the OD final yet falling over is nothing to be ashamed of. The commitment shown by all throughout the season in all forms of the game, is something that I will never forget.

In my real life as a person, outside CW, I know it might sound sad, but I have a special spot for the Reds. If any of you were around I would not hesitate to go buy you a beer in real life, simply because you are who u are. So if you're ever coming to sydney let me know.

You are all my friends and let's go party.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
First off I'd like to congratulate all players who won awards, all were well deserved and voted by your peers.

Secondly, 3 cheers for Marc, despite him being in the centre of nearly all off field controversies, his captaining wwas superb throughout the season. Congrats also to all the stand in captains and vice captains, all did a great job and played a big part in the team.

We might not of had the ideal season, with alot of up and down performances, but we can pull alot of positives from the season, and thats the thing we should be focussing on over the off season.

Great stuff guys, lets just look forward to the Smash playoff's and then I'll shout everyone from Reds a free drink and meal at the CW Bar.

Congrats again to all.

Mister Wright

Congratulations to all fellow award winners and all Red's members. It was a great night, and a great way to end the season (Although I fell asleep during Ian's long speech).

May we improve on our performance next season and everyone have a rewarding and hard-earned break in the off-season.

Cheers,

Kyle.