• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I want to understand one thing. For the computer all teams are the same - right? It isn't as if the past records etc of teams are fed as data which influences the results of newer games ?

I mean, it is pure chance that we continue to lose - or is it ?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There's always an element of psuedorandom-ness. However, teams may be equal but players are not. Red lost one of their best and most experienced bowlers as well as their best all-rounder to inactivity over the offseason and it's showing.

bryce

International Regular
I want to understand one thing. For the computer all teams are the same - right? It isn't as if the past records etc of teams are fed as data which influences the results of newer games ?

I mean, it is pure chance that we continue to lose - or is it ?
Look through the Red bowling averages ha, comparable with Blue. Pursue a signing from Davis imo:laugh:

David

International 12th Man
It's true that we were hit reasonably hard by inactivity, but this is our chance to rebuild, for younger guys to get a go. TBH I think it'll be good in the long run.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I personally don't want to be associated with a team (and myself) that seemingly can't do anything...
Oh cheer up mate. Both the team and you personally will bounce back.

A turn in fortunes is surely round the corner.

The Reds Are Coming !!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hak, its either time to change bowling stocks or change the bowling orders you give Liam, too many innings are going for 400 runs plus or over 100 overs and we are only using the 4 bowlers...

BTW great digs by Rob and Jamee in last match.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping you guys can bounce back, i remember in the early days of my career you were one of our biggest rivals. Rather you up there than Yellow

David

International 12th Man
Hah, looking better in the FC arena. Season is hardly over, reckon we can gun it from here on in.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hak, its either time to change bowling stocks or change the bowling orders you give Liam, too many innings are going for 400 runs plus or over 100 overs and we are only using the 4 bowlers...

BTW great digs by Rob and Jamee in last match.
To put it simply: we don't have bowlers or opening batsmen. Regardless who I try, it backfires.

Depressing.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Btw, luffy, slagging off a whole team like you've been doing recently is not acceptable. If you don't want to be on the team you're welcome to leave.