• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a batsmens game... *sigh*

Seriously though, those stats you just posted Trav are a little disconcerting for all bowlers. Here's to hoping that after the break the pitches miraculously become a seamers paradise :p

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well, the ony improved performance was that we made 440 in the first innings, everything else was a somewhat pathetic (match saving partnership between Kennett & myself aside)
Cough... like to think my 89 was handy when we were 5-45 :ph34r:

But in all seriousness pretty week with the ball, but batting wasnt fantastic either.

Seem to struggle to put everythnig togehter at the moment.

Rob continues to be god.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, we'll keep it as is thanks :ph34r:

I would be wary though, as our batting really isn't that much better. Only two are really averaging above the low thirties... we might just starting getting skittled for 100.

But I think a shift to being more bowler-friendly would help, just not too extreme.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
We have the skill to be able to bat on bowler friendly pitches, i think theres just a few noticable form drops in the current sides (and it seems to be permanent). But if it is going to help the side i think we have to do it, restore some pride....

Johnners

Well at least there were a few more positives from the FC match against Blue, we grabbed our first FC win against them, and I reckon now's our best chance of returning to some sort of OD form with a win! (because it's against Blue, obviously :p)

CARN THE REDS!!!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Only sort of :)

Pleased with my 2 half tons in the last match, but really pissed that i didn't grab atleast a ton. But form is form and hopefully it sticks around like a bad smell...

Some good signs from all in the last match so hopefully we can build on it and grab a win (or two... or three...)

Johnners

Welcome to the team BI :)

That was another awe inspiring bowling effort against Blue, it must be said :(

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Aside from Bennett with a great fighting innings the rest of us failed to stand up... Letting them get 300+ was fairly much disgraceful but as i've said before the batting was no better.

Time for rethink on team structure Hak? Or no decent replacements???

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Aside from Bennett with a great fighting innings the rest of us failed to stand up... Letting them get 300+ was fairly much disgraceful but as i've said before the batting was no better.

Time for rethink on team structure Hak? Or no decent replacements???
Been rotating the squad for ages without really getting any consistent performance from anyone. Disappointing. :(

It may be that sticking to a first eleven will work better though.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Yer i not sure what else to do either... Guess an International Series might help us a bit, with other teams getting weaker, but we will also loose Rob, Yourself and possibly others (Clapo, Dave(s) and more?)

Ahwell Go Red!