• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Reds - all apologies for my poor innings (32, 4, and 9 I think), a bad patch. Don't worry, we will get over it.

Deja moo

International Captain
Well,the consecutive losses to the Blues might well have cost us first spot in both tables. We need to play like true Reds again, guys. A team that walks away with even honours against the Blacks should not be giving it away to the Blues. :(.

On another note, Moerk is doing a wonderful job opening in the tests, and I thoroughly enjoyed our first century stand together. It is just a matter of time before the inexperienced players of Reds, including me, get the hang of carrying on with starts. And coupled with the arrival of the CW players, I can see nothing less than atleast a second spot on both tables guaranteed !

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You weren't the only senior player to perform poorly, both Kennett & I didn't put in as we should have. We need to be strong for the junior players.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The key to it is to rally together and improve as a team.

There were still good points from that performance.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I bowled poorly and should've went on with my 55 and got a few more for the team, hopefully we'll bounce back with a win next game.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
That was a good knock, that 55 Hoggy, great from someone batting down the order, kept us alive.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We are going through a low phase but keep working hard teams and the good and even better times will come.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggy31 said:
I bowled poorly and should've went on with my 55 and got a few more for the team, hopefully we'll bounce back with a win next game.
Yeh we need you as an all rounder, so just train a bit harder.

Same time, I need to be more consistent.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thanks Rob, but I don't make any decisions on my own regarding the team, the management committee all join in all discussions.

In fact for that last game I was in the minority as regards the line-up so was happy to be over-ruled.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
One average performance in the season and I am dropped from the one day team as well?

Please do not start this. Marc is not the only one who selects the side. This was a decision made by the captain, stand-in captain, vice captain and other senior players. The decision was made on what we thought would be best for the side.

We would prefer that players support the team rather than cry every time they miss out.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Disappointing loss Red's, Good bowling performances from Wright and some nice batting from Hakon, Dobson and Maddocks, Very very annoyed with my OD batting form this season. Anyway just keep your chin up fella's and try and go out and win the next game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mister Wright said:
Please do not start this.
Okay. Just disappointing to lose out. Will keep practising in the nets till no one can stop me from coming to the team :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
God, c'mon Reds, what's going on? 22 in the first innings, probably what let us down. Don't worry - we'll get over this form slump!