• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Good to see team win today. Not happy for not being selected in to the team....
Good to see you still active. ;)

Seriously, you're pretty close to playing on Sunday - I think we need more than one strike bowler to beat Black, loading the team with batsmen like against Green will just lead to an inevitable draw. So one of the batsmen will have to go out of the team.

As for the OD, we're full strength again, but Robbins slips down the order (wanted to try to build an innings, didn't work well). Ritchie gets a chance to shine at three. Bowling attack did a good enough job.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can't build anything at the moment.

Dead set don't deserve a place in the team in either form of the game.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FC team

Pre-empting reaction from Dwyer: left out because we need four capable bowlers to bowl out Black - attempting to avoid the near-inevitable draw against those guys - and Reddlapalli outscored you by four times in the first innings against similar bowling.

Robbins is actually still averaging 44.2 with the bat (for comparison: my average is 41.81, Dwyer 39.08, Reddlapalli 36...), so won't drop him from FC yet.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
FC team

Pre-empting reaction from Dwyer: left out because we need four capable bowlers to bowl out Black - attempting to avoid the near-inevitable draw against those guys - and Reddlapalli outscored you by four times in the first innings against similar bowling.

Robbins is actually still averaging 44.2 with the bat (for comparison: my average is 41.81, Dwyer 39.08, Reddlapalli 36...), so won't drop him from FC yet.
Awesome, yep agreed we need Marc in these situations.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Just popping in to say that I'm still here...:D. Very busy with uni-related commitments recently. Doesn't look like my services are needed though...:p