• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Happy birthday, think it's still the correct date in Kearsley-land.

Probably need to comment on the dropping of Bennett: Dwyer and Thompson pretty much made themselves undroppable, and I wanted to Raghav a go on the back of 46 wickets @ 14 in grade cricket, one of the most consistent wicket-takers down there. With Kennett and Watt still doing reasonable things, that left the final spot from six and down to either Robbins or Bennett. Went for batting instead of bowling, as our ground isn't very seam-friendly.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Cheers boys....

Great couple of wins there boys... gets our season right back on track. Happy with a win in the OD game, was my 100th od game (yay). Great batting by Kenny...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Great win for us...Its good to see myself in the team for the last two matches and more good as the team won on both occassions

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Some good performances so far this season, though a few shockers as well. Well done to Kenny on his recent 111 :-O

Haha, can I ask why I'm batting everywhere but 3, which is my preferred position on the sim? :p

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm pretty sure the sim has perferred areas in the order as opposed to positions. ie. Opener, Top Order, Middle Order, Lower Order etc

I realise you can enter a position too but IMO it doesn't matter as long as you bat in the top order. Sort of like battrick.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Great win in that last game boys. Marc played great so too was Sean's 2nd innings bowling spell. Hope we can continue this form into the 2nd half of the season and get back into the top 2, where we belong.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Some good performances so far this season, though a few shockers as well. Well done to Kenny on his recent 111 :-O

Haha, can I ask why I'm batting everywhere but 3, which is my preferred position on the sim? :p
Could have sworn it was four. :p

Anyway, from memory you have a rotten record at three. Might as well try you there though since no one else seems to stamp their name on the spot (Sharma does well occasionally)

KennyD

And I'm down as an opener correct Hakon? Even though I've batted everywhere for Red from 1-8.

Does the One Day sim also take into account preferred position?

Raghav

All the best for our next game..ofcourse I am not there..but very much happy for staying there on the wicket and putting up a 50 partnership for lastwicket..its really good

KennyD

Good win there REds, Luff batting well in the ODs. Whenever we bat together Luffy, you are always the blasting 100 s/r player whilst I play the boring, conservative 70 s/r role haha.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Great win lads... really in with a shot now (still early days i know) and as Hakon said we have been in this position many times before and let it (the finals) slip.. so lets keep our heads down, and work hard to keep striving foward!

luffy

International Captain
Good win there REds, Luff batting well in the ODs. Whenever we bat together Luffy, you are always the blasting 100 s/r player whilst I play the boring, conservative 70 s/r role haha.
It's usually the other way round!