• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Thoughts on the quarter:

We're really struggling without the solidity of a Dauth at four - in both forms - even though Kears has bailed us out and played solidly. Of course this happens to every team, particularly Black, but at least Colts will struggle when all players are back, I think.

Anyway, the start could be better, but it could also be worse. We're in the running for both forms, and as long as we start getting some luck at the end of the season we might have a shout.

FC player of the quarter: The choice was simple. David Kearsley has racked up 34 of 40 points in my ratings and has simply been stunning. 576 runs @ 82.29, with two huge hundreds, means he's almost scored more this season than the entire last season. The reason we've won a couple, really, and certainly the reason we're leading the league in batting despite not having more than three men averaging above 40.

OD player of the quarter: Surprisingly, veteran David Kennett has really recovered his one-day form recently. With 30 points he's my candidate, he's been taking wickets steadily - 12 @ 13.50 - and has also got a good economy, the second-best apart from Reddlapalli, who only bowls in the middle overs.

Total player of the quarter: Starting with number three. Sean Bennett has provided solid service in most games so far, performing the role as unspectacular allrounder. In the absence of a clear hitter at the top of the order, he sees off the new ball reasonably well in OD, and also forges key partnerships in FC. He also takes wickets at a reasonable rate in both forms, a vital cog without being a star.

Number two is David Kearsley, who despite his stellar first-class form doesn't quite get up there due to a horror start - 40 runs at 10 - in one-day cricket. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy that he's at least found form in one form of the game, and hope there's many more runs to flow yet.

Number one, then, is David Kennett. In addition to his fine one-day performance, he's spearheaded the attack as per usual in the absence of Watt, and bowled the most overs for the most reward. He's been given the role as team star and taken it with both hands.

As for myself, I don't understand how the hell I average 46 in FC...

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:) Cheers Hakon. Great stuff from Kennett & Kears, lets hope we can build on their strong performances and improve into the next quarter :D

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Cheers for the words lads, hope it continues and maybe even pick that OD average back to where it should be... back in the day my OD avg was a good 5 runs above my FC avg but two very poor seasons has reversed that difference.

Go RED!!

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hak that was a very good summary of the quarter. Congratulations to Kennett, Kearsley and Bennett. I am also quite honoured to be mentioned in the statements above :)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
The match that was worth not mentioning. Disappointing really that we could not make a mark in the tables...

Anyway...hope we do better in the upcoming matches...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Had to name a side and am a little out of whack with schedule. If anyone on the panel have issues with the XI named, mail me or voice concerns here, might adapt the team if I get online.

Basically, Dauth, Robbins and Watt all come back into the side, Raghav unlucky but we need the batting and the spinners against a Black side with Pickup, Borcich and Markus. A spinner is likely to make way for a seamer in our next FC, and Marc also needs to come up with an innings to keep the likes of Nayak, Gray and Dwyer out of the side.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Somewhere in the corner I feel, my performance still is not impressing Hakon. I am getting 7 wicket hauls at regular intervals and still I am not able to get a place in the side. I was expecting of a place this time, considering that I am performing well in grade cricket and moreover I got good statistics against BLACK.

But, I feel I need to perform even better with the bat to get a place in the side.

Hope I do so