• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Good stuff Hakon. 7 wickets @ 96? Damn, I needa improve that! ;)

Team is looking well, some solid outings in the warmups with some good showings from a few of the young blokes too.

Excellent signs.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ratings for the OD game (needed a day to swallow the bitter pill)

SA Bennett 5/10 - early dismissal, was brought on to bowl when Jaso had decided the game.
JR Gray 4/10 - at least now I know what happens when you open.
RJ Dauth 1/10 - I had imagined you'd be doing slightly worse at three, but a three-ball duck against Wright?! Warm-up, at least.
GKK Dobson 6/10 - stuck in, poor timing of dismissal after having put on 54 with Kears
MJ Robbins 1/10 - one point for judging the first ball a wide.
DA Kearsley 8/10 - good knock, well-timed given the situation. Did you bat higher for Blacks in OD? We need someone to bat around three, it seems...
CP Thompson 7/10 - solid batting and a wicket.
GN Nayak 4/10 - a bit back to earth again. Got the one wicket, but was slogged by Jaso, econ of 7.2 is not acceptable.
KR Clapham 4/10 - neither is nearly five from you. That was the kind of stuff you bowled in New Zealand.
DJ Watt 3/10 - strike bowler?
SV Raghav 4/10 - didn't get out, at least.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
DA Kearsley 8/10 - good knock, well-timed given the situation. Did you bat higher for Blacks in OD? We need someone to bat around three, it seems...
Obviously upto you and Dave, but i did use to bat 4 at Black, but thats Dauth's spot. I love playing the role that i did in that match, the steadier, but if you need someone at 3 then i guess i could give it a shot.

Just being in the OD team this season will be good after last seasons efforts.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Obviously upto you and Dave, but i did use to bat 4 at Black, but thats Dauth's spot. I love playing the role that i did in that match, the steadier, but if you need someone at 3 then i guess i could give it a shot.

Just being in the OD team this season will be good after last seasons efforts.
Well, now you did bat at four. :p

Ratings: U-19 yesterday:

CR Dwyer 6/10 - unfamiliar position, reasonably economical bowling on a spinners' wicket.
ZJ Ritchie 3/10 - batting rut...

Today:

SA Bennett 5/10 - protected the lower order, got brutally smacked
AS Sharma 3/10 - completely unnecessary slice to point
RJ Dauth 7/10 - not the greatest urgency, but stuck in and played a measured innings.
DA Kearsley 3/10 - thought you learned how to read Chris' off-break in the nets...
MJ Robbins 7/10 - still short of form with the bat, probably batting a position too high. Excellent bowling, however.
CP Thompson 6/10 - key wicket, but got out at an inopportune moment
H Mørk 8/10 - :laugh: that's the fluke of the year over with
GN Nayak 5/10 - good supporting batting, got hit about a bit by a settled Hopgood.
DM Kennett 8/10 - good early spell with success, bowled in the right places for a one-day game for a change.
DJ Watt 7/10 - choked well at the death, winning Marillier scoop
MU Amir 6/10 - one tail-ender, dnb.

U-19

MD Luff 4/10 - needs a red jersey to perform properly
ZJ Ritchie 7/10 - clinical batting and good bowling as long as used correctly. A couple of short ones in that over admittedly, reckon I'd have got stumped had you pitched it up.
CR Dwyer 7/10 - good wickets and bowled with threat throughout
M Reddlapalli 6/10 - some fine strokes off Watto. Wasn't given confidence with ball.

Preseason stats give cause for concern:

Kearsley 79 runs @ 39.50 (SR 72.47)
Thompson 64 runs @ 32 (SR 74.41)
Dauth 52 runs @ 26 (SR 73.23)
Bennett 48 runs @ 24 (SR 57.83), 7.3-0-50-0 (econ 6.66)
Mørk 47 unbeaten runs (SR 138.23!)
Ritchie (U19) 47 runs @ 23.50 (SR 81.03), 7-1-33-1 (avg 33, econ 4.71)
Dobson 29 runs @ 29 (SR 60.41)
Nayak, GN 26 runs @ 13 (SR 76.47), 9-0-59-1 (econ 6.55)
Robbins 23 runs @ 11.50 (SR 51.11), 13-1-50-2 (avg 25, econ 3.85)
Gray 17 runs @ 17 (SR 62.96)
Reddlapalli (U19) 16 runs @ 16, SR 80, 3-0-23-0 (econ 7.66)
Sharma 12 runs @ 12 (SR 92.30)
Watt 10 runs @ 10 (SR 71.42), 17-0-81-3 (avg 27, econ 4.76)
Kennett 9 runs @ 9 (SR 150!), 9-0-32-2 (avg 16, econ 3.55)
Clapham 7 runs @ 7 (SR 87.50), 8-0-39-0 (econ 4.87)
Luff (U19) 7 runs @ 7.00 (SR 36.84)
Dwyer (U19) 5 runs @ 2.50 (SR 41.66), 14-0-70-2 (avg 35, econ 5)
Raghav no runs, no outs, 5-0-26-0 (econ 5.20)

No one averaging above 40 with bat, only Kennett, Watt and Robbins good with ball. Ritchie and Clapham were acceptable.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
RJ Dauth 1/10 - I had imagined you'd be doing slightly worse at three, but a three-ball duck against Wright?! Warm-up, at least.
Haha what? I've changed my preferred position to #3 without any loss of stats (according to Camps - because I played there for 2 seasons), so I should do better at #3 if anything.

Good signs from the warm-ups, though. Good to see the youngsters putting in some solid performances.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been woeful in the preseason, especially with the bat. Could probably make the side as a spinner batting at #8 going on my efforts with the Under 19's.

Johnners

:( Bad Luck with the first up loss guys. Was definetly some batting positives to come out of the game though, well done to Kears for his Century/Half Century double :)

Perm

Not a bad effort, would've been good to get the season off to a start with a win. Good signs there though.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well done to Kears, hopefully this is just the start of a wonderful season for you. Bad loss there but we should pull our socks up now and start to work from strength to strength as there was many positives.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ratings

H Mørk 3/10 - couple of crucial dropped catches, soft dismissal in the first, crucial duck in the second. A 50 there would have made it possible to put some pressure on.
MD Luff 6/10 - swift aggression. Don't think we're going to get many tons from you this year, but at least some good hitting.
GKK Dobson 5/10 - got a peach by Thomas in the first, long but ultimately fruitless vigil in the second.
RJ Dauth 4/10 - should have gone on with the start in the second, poor in the field
DA Kearsley 9/10 - 187 runs, can't blame you for much. Confidence!
MJ Robbins 2/10 - bowling overused and ineffective (even though there were a few slogs that should have been caught), batting soft.
JR Gray 5/10 - part of the grand second-innings collapse, solid knock in the first.
SA Bennett 4/10 - good batting, but bowling seems to be stuck at the tight-but-fruitless stage.
DM Kennett 5/10 - balls lasted just about higher than the bowling average. Would have looked different had Luff
DJ Watt 6/10 - got the most wickets, but not particularly threatening opening spell anyway.
MU Amir 4/10 - had the most share of bad luck, produced a lot of chances. Partly responsible for them not being held though, as a few of them were return chances.