• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Green name vote

CW Green Dragons

• Total voters

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Can all members of the CW Green please vote as to wether they would like to adopt the name Dragons.

Loony BoB

International Captain
The two I've liked so far are Green Machine and Green Dragons. Not a fan of Giants, Power, Ghouls or Tree Frogs. :p I won't vote in the poll just yet because I'm open to two options, not just the one. :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
i quite like ghouls, its certainly alot less common than dragons, in terms of team names. and avoids any links to the st george - though thats not such a bad comparison at the moment :(

Loony BoB

International Captain
There's something about Ghouls rhyming with Fools that just doesn't sit well with me. But seriously, I dunno, just doesn't sound very cricket-y for some reason... Dragons represent power, might, intelligence and sometimes things such as immortality and whatnot. Ghouls represent the dead. ;)

If you're looking for something uncommon, though, I'm sure we can come up with something better than any of those that have been suggested. :) Well, I'm sure someone else can. :D

EDIT: We could always be the Awful Green Things From Outer Space. :laugh: But seriously, I'll try to come up with something good. If we were all NZ'ers, I'd go for the CW Green Tuataras, although the possibility of a slow old lizard representing us probably wouldn't be too great either.

Last edited:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
lol the green machine is just something we could always use when we are on a roll..

but green ghouls doesnt sound right when you say it.. dont like the alliteration/assonance in there

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i just voted to stuff ur voting thing up... cos i'm not a green player.. you guys are losers

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
i just voted to stuff ur voting thing up... cos i'm not a green player.. you guys are losers

typical red player :P

(its a public poll so i can see who voted for which :D )

Don

State Vice-Captain
the green tyrants
the green GODS
the green golems
the willow greens
the green bamboo
the green crescent moons

Don

State Vice-Captain
i say green machine cuz ive started a song for that name. ive got one line should we add more.its goes like this WE'RE LEAN WE'RE MEAN WE'RE THE GREEN MACHINE.GREE MACHINNNE GREEN MACHINNE.

Don

State Vice-Captain
HEY age since ive been going around singing were the green machine are we gonna use the name green machine