• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Dev League: Team Names

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
in view of recent comments by senior player Mr Mxyzptlk, the office of test cricket broncoman would like to retract the following comment made by the player himself at approximately 00:36 Australian Eastern Standard time 1st september 2004

ill refuse to play for a team called "blue crew"

he is fully committed to playing for the blue side, no matter how silly the name is....
Oh no Simon sorry but you can't take comments back, as I found out.:(

Doesn't matter what you say afterwards you still made the comments and thats that. :wacko:
OBVIOUSLY you need to be suspended...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr. P said:
Oh no Simon sorry but you can't take comments back, as I found out.:(

Doesn't matter what you say afterwards you still made the comments and thats that. :wacko:
OBVIOUSLY you need to be suspended...
ooooooooookkkkkkkk punter, we are over that now...

cbuts

International Debutant
perhaps some captins might loose their power at the end of the season if they dont stop abusing it

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i hope you isnt reffering to Marc in that last post :p

ooooooohhhhhh.... english me speak good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cbuts said:
perhaps some captins might loose their power at the end of the season if they dont stop abusing it
Seeing as my discussions with the senior players in the Reds reveal that they all back me, I don't think there's any abuse of power.

He was suspended for the one game, and in that game the other 3 bowlers all performed far too well to be dropped.

He refused to accept this and keeps on whinging about it, when it is a harsher decision to put him back in the team.

cbuts

International Debutant
it was clearly an abuse of power suspending him in the first lace. in the thread u tell him to grow up, perhaps if you had grown up inthe first place we wouldnt be having this discussion

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How is it?

He made a bad comment as a senior player, and it could not be ignored (considering his past as someone who valued himself ahead of the team)

Since his suspension, his replacements have been superb, so there's no spot for him back in the side - it would be unfair to the 3 current seamers to drop any of them.

ash chaulk

International Captain
im not really trying to get into your arguement here but hey your posting it on a public forum so all i can say is lightin up a bit as it seems like your very angry at the moment marc.

Butts mate i understand what your saying but lets leave this one aiggggggghttt

Mr. P

marc71178 said:
How is it?

He made a bad comment as a senior player, and it could not be ignored (considering his past as someone who valued himself ahead of the team)

Since his suspension, his replacements have been superb, so there's no spot for him back in the side - it would be unfair to the 3 current seamers to drop any of them.
Im replying to all your former posts...

1st things first. Why shouldn't I complain and keep on 'whinging?' I have every right to, and hey, if I think what im saying is true im not going to back down.

2nd - Of course the rest of the players support you in this argument. They have to even if they're with me on this because if they agree with me they will be dropped.

3rd - "He made a bad comment as a senior player, and it could not be ignored" Well you completely misunderstood my point. You could have waited and perhaps questioned me on the topic but you went right ahead and suspended me...abusing your power.

4th - "considering his past as someone who valued himself ahead of the team" Yeah...how very right you are. Ok so where is your evidence. You just made this comment up to add dimension to your argument.

5th - "Since his suspension, his replacements have been superb, so there's no spot for him back in the side - it would be unfair to the 3 current seamers to drop any of them" I find this comment ironic. Think about it marc. :wacko: :dry:

Im going to be open from now on...there is clearly no place back in the side for me...

Andre

International Regular
Look, the decision if final and consistent arguement will only see you sacked. I'm suprised you haven't given up by now because you're a long way behind.

I speak behalf of the senior Red members in saying that we absolutely support our captain and have faith in his proven leadership. We all agree that we want our cricketers 100% committed to Red and he is simply acting on behalf of the senior player group. Please, can the other squads look out for their affairs rather than attempt to further damage ours. Look after your own backyard before meddling with others.

Mr. P

Sorry Andre but at the moment I see no reason to stop. Marc isn't.

Besides - marc has already said he doesn't want me in the team so I see no reason to be scared of getting 'sacked'