• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Players A-Z

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
pretty happy with mine liam, cept im a LHB (hissy fit! hissy fit!) far out that would have taken forever mate... great work. i like eddie uncles one.
I have you listed as right-handed in my team list records, but as left-handed in my main records. Fear not. All is well.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Dave began his FC career in fine form, snaring 3 wickets in each of his first 4 innings. Since that time his career record has flattened off considerably, but he remains one of the leading bowlers in the system. Dave's pace, accuracy and variety have made him into a more mature bowler than when he started.
Personally I'd hardly call it flattening off, after 74 FC wickets and 36 1D wickets during last season's development league. Then the awsome 'A' Tour to England. I'd like to call this sudden loss of form a 'lean patch' :P

Fear not, I will be back to my best by seasons end, and the CW Red pace attack will start firing with Mr Ponting and Mr Wright having solid starts.

DJellett

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Dylan Jellett
Cricket Web Blue
RHB
WK
The world was stunned when young Dylan Jellett was called up to CW XI duty last season after some moderate success in Season 6 of the Dev League. Indeed, there was a bit of protest against the Selection Panel at the time, but since it has died down. Prominent selector, Andre commented at the time that he liked what he saw of the young man and that he looked to have the makings of a good Test cricketer. Unfortunately Jellett was injured on his debut tour and did not feature, neither did he play on his return from injury in Bangladesh. Still, the intent is clear that the CWBCC hopes to nurture him into a Test role eventually. At the moment, though, Jellett is still very raw and has some work to do 'keeping-wise and batting-wise before he emerges.
I believe I have done that now... :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
[Craig
Cricket Web Blue
RHB
RM
Craig is the premier opening batsman in CW domestic cricket. His record speaks for itself as one of the most prolific in CW history. Despite his consistent runscoring at the top of the innings, Craig has still found it hard work to get and keep a place in the CW XI. Indeed he is thus far uncapped at Test level and has played less than a handful of ODIs.
Great work for the profile, but it is a farce I don't always get picked :@

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Steds
Cricket Web Red
RHB
LS
Steds is one of the many promising young cricketers to rise through the CW youth system. He learned his cricket from the great Stuart MacGill and impressed for the CW U15s and U19s. Now he looks to make the jump to the senior level and appears to have the tools to do so. The one question is regarding his mental strength. He would never have had to face the challenges that he will at the First Class level, so whether he copes or not will be decisive.
you're too kind :shy:

Supah Freak
Cricket Web Red
RHB
LS
The legspinner Supah Freak is an enigma. Possessing a rather unusual crouch stance at the crease, Freak has never quite prospered with the bat. Indeed, his fear of short and pacy bowling has made him a prime target among the pace community. That said, it is not his batting that has gotten him a Cricket Web contract. Rather it is his very unorthodox legspin that has done so. Supah Freak went through most of his childhood bamboozling his opponents and himself with both his run up and his back of arm/ribs legbreaks. The style has been described by some 'frog-in-a-blender-with-a-purple-sombrero' and has been effective in short stints. The weakness in Freak's game tends to be his fielding and that he can only bowl short spells due to the strain of his action on his back.
roflmao

he sure told you, Supah Freak :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
hey liam/lord any chance of these being updated soon, b4 the new season? i would be more than happy to help out or do them myself. just say the word. in fact i would like to update a few more things as well, i hate leaving the site for a week and then coming back to the inactivity. just tell me what i can do. =)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Help with the profiles would be great. Let me know how many and which ones you're willing to do. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Help with the profiles would be great. Let me know how many and which ones you're willing to do. :)
I have one word for you. MSNMSNSMSNSNEMDMNDIDNNSD+E(@U(DHDN MSN. tho thats not really a word :cool:

ill do as many as youll let me =) it seems right up my street.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Can't come on that MSN account now, because I'm chatting with 3 people on my other account. We can discuss it here though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Can't come on that MSN account now, because I'm chatting with 3 people on my other account. We can discuss it here though.
you want to bring our relationship out of the dark? oh Liam dearest, im so happy! i thought the day would never come. but lets take it slowly...

well Ill start working on some now and ill email em to ya. same format yea? could you please list the new players and possibly a list of all the players? id like to keep the "Greats" profiles going as well, though they may not need to be updated. for those without a team (you said theyd be up by New Year, why do you have to have a life? :p ) ill just edit em later.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'll try to arrange a list soon. Players won't be assigned to teams until Reuben confirms to me that the players contacted for inactivity have not responded (thus confirming their inactivity).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'll try to arrange a list soon. Players won't be assigned to teams until Reuben confirms to me that the players contacted for inactivity have not responded (thus confirming their inactivity).
sweet thanks, ill just do the ones i can now then.