• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Happy to get a start in the warm-ups...hopefully I'll be able to pick up some wickets and get a few runs with the bat. I think my batting will have to be worked on with the coach - if that is ok?

PY

International Coach
COME ON YE BLUES :D.

Good solid start to the season for the Blues but top 4 need to perform for the next game because we need to set the platform. This must start at the captain and therefore I will be down the nets facing the bowling machine for as much time as it functioning.

Let's focus on positives though folks.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Coach's Comments:

If these games are any indication of what we're in for this season, we could see some great cricket. Indeed both games were closer than the scoreline indicates.

CW Red v CW Blue
Mookerjee and Bugssy put on 32 in 2.3 overs and there was no looking back. Bugssy absolutely commanded the bowling and added 118 runs with skipper Marc. Both then perished within 15 runs of each other - a minor setback.

Just as they did last season, Deeps and Ian Markus set about in explosive style and had the crowd on their feet in raising their respective half-centuries. Deeps' milestone took 58 balls, but Markus' took only 39! Zaid Ghansar replaced Markus in the 38th over and didn't waste much time in continuing the hitting. He got to his half-century from the last ball of the innings, facing 46 balls in total. CW Red 357/4!!

With the crowd all energized and a huge total to defend, Dave and Kennett were made to work and wait some 8 overs before the first wicket fell. With StUEy back in the hut, steady inroads were made and, despite a glorious hundred (88 balls) from Craig and a good half-century from Toogood (49 balls), the middle and late order were simply left with too much to do. Wickets fell away and Jellett ended unbeaten with the score on 289/8.

CRICKET WEB RED 357/4 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB BLUE 289/8 50.0 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 68 runs

Man of the match: Bugssy

CW Black v CW Green
On another belter of a track (the kind of stuff we can expect for 25Smash), Pickup won the toss and inexplicably decided to have a bowl. Waughney looked in good touch early, but Broadbent ultimately removed both him and his opening partner for 42 runs. Adil Dewan would then steady the innings in partnerships with Loony Bob and Age Master.

However, it was the explosion of runs at the end of the innings that proved crucial. The dynamite came in the form of Lord of Darkness, who lifted 3 sixes and smacked 6 fours in 64 off 49 balls. He reached his fifty from 40 balls. With him at the end was Nathan Hoy - 294/6.

Early in the Black chase Darkness was in action again, running out Ferd. The inspiration continued with an inspired bowling change by Age Master to bring on Waughney and get Chaulk. Buts and Jagaways then stalled the Greens and, then when the latter was dismissed by Delkap, the run rate began to pick up again. Buts increased his scoring rate and moved from 30 off 40 balls to his half-century from 49 balls.

With BK Smith some 100 runs were added then both batsmen perished 8 runs apart. The quick dismissals meant the chase lost momentum and the required rate stepped up from 8 to 8.5 then over 9. Meanwhile Hunter and SquidAU tried their best to get in and get a move on, but could only manage to score around a run-a-ball as Darkness' late spell of 3-0-9-0 proved extremely effective.

CRICKET WEB GREEN 294/6 50.0 overs
CW BLACK 265/6 50.0 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 29 runs

Man of the match: Lord of Darkness

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Two runs an over? Flippin 'eck lads, I know you want time in t'middle an' all, but two an over?!

Am I actually batting at 10 in the ODer? :-O

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Two runs an over? Flippin 'eck lads, I know you want time in t'middle an' all, but two an over?!

Am I actually batting at 10 in the ODer? :-O
Chris has worse batting stats believe it or not.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
HAIL The Green Machine.. This pre season thing is gathering along very well for us.. and hopefully we should carry on the form into the real season !

Not that happy with my bowling figures.. but happy overall to win the Mom and help the team to another much needed victory through the late batting blitz..

Liam did i hit those sixes of neil by any chance?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Coach's Comments:
captain Age Master (dropped by Kennett on 4, by Dave on 55 and by Zebra on 56).

dropped 3 times and still didn't hit a 6 :(

good win for a warm up game, great to see Eyes in some form early :)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
2 from 2 for the green machine...whoot!

Pretty happy with my two preseason games, but with the talent that green has i may have to carry the drinks for a while when the real season starts.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
ah thats a pretty mediocre start reds and it reflects last years form... unstoppable in the OD'ers and **** in the 4 dayers. And really that's how my form went. I'm keen to get the wheels rolling again in the 4 day form with the bat though.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Very pleased with my debut game :D
1 wicket, and 1 run-out .. Happy to play my part, and look forward to a successful season ahead.. Go Green

PS: Captain, I would love to be given a chance in pinch-hitting sometime when run-rate required is high ..
And hopefully I'll be used in middle overs and at death, which is my speciality :p

Simon

blue... dudes, we got hammered, my 0/35 from 5 was actually more economical than the innings run rate!

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Also happy with my debut in the longr version, good to pick up some wickets in first game. Although I would love to bat a bit higher in the longer version, with my ability to survive hostile bowling, but with the amount of talent in the Green squad that might be difficult :) .. But I am happy with the opportunities that hv come my way, and look forward to solidifying my place in the team ... Go GREENS :D

ash chaulk

International Captain
i may have made a century but im out of form... 0 6's tisk.

p.s. all dropped catches were like impossible diving tasks which i was lucky to get a finger tip too