• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

David

International 12th Man
Well, disappointing to lose that one, we let ourselves down in the blues second innings. Somewhat frustrating, and Mr Wright is right... Our catching is letting us down, although I don't think that was as major a factor in this game, I'd say we were just not good enough in blues second innings.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
some funny old team selections in play. i'm not quite sure it's what i emailed through but anyway... no point complaining i spose. we put up a good fight there guys.

Majin

International Debutant
Now that's more like it, I want that kind of form every game, Man of the Match as well. Ace.

cbuts

International Debutant
even with our **** poor effort, we porbally could of saved 74 runs if we had of taken our catches!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
some funny old team selections in play. i'm not quite sure it's what i emailed through but anyway... no point complaining i spose. we put up a good fight there guys.
There was one change... a change which I can defend comfortably and confidently.

biased indian

International Coach
that was a nice win to win formsuch a stage can only be achived by team effort.it will be fair to say that we [layed the second innings better and thats what mattered in the end

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at my stats for the games when the big boys were away i did ok in FC with 19 wickets@ 17.53 and 144runs @24.

But my OD and Smash performance was awful, in 6 games of both forms i only took 4 wickets, had an economy rate of over 6 and averaged 17 with the bat.

Hope to keep up my FC form, but i really need to pick myself up in the other forms of the game to keep my place

Mr Mxyzptlk

Monday 4th October

Cricket Web Green v England A at the MCG
OD Match

CW Green XI: Age Master (C), Xavier Rose (vc), Jamee999 (wk), Anthony Lezama, Delkap, Loony Bob, Biased Indian, Waugnney, Majin, Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell - returns from CW XI duty.

Pitch: Nothing in it for the bowlers.
Toss: CW Green, bat

CRICKET WEB GREEN 213/9 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 217/3 32.0 overs

England 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton

Daily Blast Comment: Bitterly disappointing batting effort by the Greens helped only to decency by a couple of useful knocks by Lezama and Bob in the middle order and then a late order 46 not out from Xavier Rose. Indeed 30 was added for the last wicket off 20 ball in a total of just 213/9. When Timewell and Rose failed to find their rhythm immediately, England A capitalized and the game was speedily lost. Timewell returned well in his second spell, but it was far too little too late and England A left Cricket Web Green to reflect upon their first use of a clearly wonderful batting track.

---

Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Red at the CW Oval
OD Match

CW Black XI: Master Blaster (C), C Buts (vc), Ryan (wk), Superkingdave, Chris Hinton, Dark Hunter, Vishnu Reddy, BK Smith, David Kearsley, Yasa Fayaz, Chris Broadbent - returns from CW XI duty.

CW Red XI: Ian Markus (C), Mr Wright (vc), Samuel Vimes (wk), David Kennett, Gibbs N Smith, Zaid Ghansar, Deeps, Steds, A Massive Zebra, Dave, Jagaways.

Pitch: Seam movement when the game is fresh, but good for batsmen that get in.
Toss: CW Red, bowl

CW BLACK 216 41.3 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 220/4 43.3 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Zaid Ghansar

Daily Blast Comment: Disappointing defeat for the Blacks as they lost despite a wonderful century from BK Smith. The Reds bowling was meaningful if not spectacular and Steds, Kennett and Ghansar in particular did a fine job. There were no problems chasing after a platform of 78 for the first wicket and then half-centuries from Ian Markus and Zaid Ghansar from there in.
---

Cricket Web Blue v Australia A at the WACA
OD Match

CW Blue XI: Broncoman (C), Tom Halsey (vc), Dylan Jellett (wk), Bluefox, Jason Toogood, Craig, StUEy, Peter Young, Nath Patrick, Adam, Paid the Umpire.

Pitch: Great flat batting surface. A bit of bounce, but consistent.
Toss: Australia A, bowl

CRICKET WEB BLUE 281 48.5 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 273 49.5 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 8 runs

Man of the match: Jason Toogood

Daily Blast Comment: Umpire and Toogood staged a century stand at more than a run-a-ball and then Dylan Jellett closed off the innings nicely, as CW Blue recovered from 14/2 on a flat wicket to a good 281 all out. In defence the seamers weren't too sharp initially, but some great catching helped keep things close and the offspin of Bluefox was outstanding in the middle overs. Nath Patrick then returned in the crucial late stages of the innings and knocked over the Australian tail to seal another impressive Blue win.

Attachments

Simon

good win blue, bowlers were a bit expensive with the exception of bluefox, lets get them down for the next 1 day game please :)

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Yeah!

I did something!

68 before getting out to a really bad decision.

Woohoo!

Also, well done to all the team except Toogood(I wanted top score. Just once :))